Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sept & Oct 2012 - IVF/ICSI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Viewing 201-213 comments:
I go in for the transfer in the morning....I really hope its the golden egg :-)
Well, a bit of bad news - my RE told me today that none of my remaining embryos made it to freeze :(  Since this is our third try and we're paying out of pocket, if this cycle doesn't work, we're out.  I'm trying to remain positive still, but it would have been nice to know that there was a backup plan...

Suzi74 - good luck tomorrow - fingers are crossed!  
Dcac - good luck to you on Wednesday!
Cheekyhalfs - That's an impressive number!  You guys must be so thrilled!

NightsColdKiss - LOL - I am now thoroughly convinced to TAKE a test instead of wait, since you are!  I'm taking one tomorrow morning for sure now!  That will be it though, because if it's negative, I can still convince myself it's just too early.  If I do any after Tuesday, a positive should probably should be showing up on by then, and I don't any more bad news quite yet.  And that cracks me up about secretly wanting to see what a positive looks like - me too!!!  I've never, ever had one.  Hopefully we'll both see them in the next few days :)
Received call at 9.25 this morning to say of my 4 eggs, 3 were mature so unable to use and the last one was developing nicely. Transfer booked form8.30 tomorrowmorning.   I guess the Increase in my stims med was too much this time.
Fingers crossed it is a nice little emby tomorrow xx
great to see bfp xxxx
well done ladies, I went for my check up to make sure i was down reg'd my ovary was Full of dark shapes pcos ..... but they all small so thats ok, so 2 weeks til ET if all goes ok,
To be honest i feel completely worn down now, working all the hours to pay AGAIN for this treatment, and its taking its tOll on me,
My sister also had a baby boy this morning, we dont talk to each other as she is a bit of a weird one!! Last time we spoke it was her telling me there are reasons why I dont fall pregnant, im a **** mum blar blar blar,,,, So i feel slightly annoyed that she can produce children and not even care for them like a mother should do, I havent told my family im doing another et. Its just too much ,,,
Still I have to look at what I already have and i am blessed, I just want one more chance , Not feeling positive at all,, having a "THE WORLD IS UNFAIR DAY"  ARHHHH bloody hormones lol

Hope you are all getting on well and getting towards our little miracles xx
tes645 - I know exactly how you feel - everytime I see a pregnant woman I want to glare at her (but I stop myself!), thinking it was probably so easy for her when all of us are going through so much.  This whole thing is so incredibly frustrating.  

And to add to it...I took a home test this morning and it was negative.  I still have a couple days til the beta, but I'm really starting to lose hope now.  NightsColdKiss - any home tests for you today?
Had my transf today following retrieval on Monday

1 embryo was transferred.  It's was a 4 cell, slightly unequal in size when embryologist first spoke to me, but by time they transferred they had grown and were more even in size.  Minimal fragmentation which is good as I had quite a bit in 1st cycle.  Given it was only 46 hours post retrieval, they said it was growing nicely

Keeping everything crossed , dreading the 2ww

Good luck all
I'm going crazy over here...I've been POAS since trigger as you well know to test it out of my system.  Monday there was a definite bfn.  Yesterday i saw a very very very and i say VERY faint line...lol I kept trying to convince myself that it's probably sooooo low that's why it's so faint :P  if someone else were to look at it they'd probably say they don't see anything!  so i took another one today...and it's just like yesterday.  i think i see that very faint line but who knows...i might just be hoping.  tomorrow is beta so i guess we'll see.  i don't feel like i have very much hope right now :(
I'm in the same boat.  Although, if you saw a faint line, that sounds like you should still have some hope :)  Who knows...I had a friend who was still getting BFNs on a home test after getting a postive beta, so I try to convince myself that it can still happen!  One more day... Hope we both get great news tomorrow!

Dcac - sounds like the transfer went well...now welcome to 2ww hell!  Hope it goes quick for you!

Well ladies I had my BETA today n it was negative. I haven't cried n I'm not goin too.  My journey ends here. I can't offered it anymore. I wish the of all of u the best of luck on ur journeys.
So sorry to hear. Thoughts with you and your OT. X
tikita - i'm sorry hun! *hugs* take this time to take care of yourself and DH and when you guys are ready to try again or something new keep positive!

AFM - POAS this morning and it still showed negative so my hope is really shot...but just got back from beta so waiting on that dreaded call...lol i know i should stay positive but it's HARD!  i guess we'll see :)

*hugs* all you ladies!
Good luck. It can still be positive xx
I had my beta this morning.  It's negative.  I'm crushed - this was our last chance.  :(

GL to you today, NightsColdKiss - I hope at least SOMEone gets some good news.
awwww i'm sorry hun *hugs*  take care of yourself and your DH!!  good luck on your journeys which ever way it may take you.

I still haven't gotten the call yet...ughhhh i just don't feel it anymore
well i'm out this month as well...RE recommends going with a fresh cycle and saving the FET since we only have 1...good luck ladies!
Hello ladies,

I don't mean to barge in on your thread like this but I just finished reading all the posts in this thread and I want to just hug each and every one of you.  We are all strong brave women to be going through what we are going through and to have the amazing highs of a BFP and the devastating lows of a bfn, it just takes a toll on us emotionally, physically and spiritually.  My thoughts are with you all tonight and I'm sending out good vibes to you all.  

I don't know it maybe the extra hormones running through my body right now as I am preping for a FET in 12 days (but who's counting right!).

starting IVF#3 in NOV anybody else?
I'm in the middle of FET scheduled for Nov 5th......I can't wait to start my tww!

Where are you in your cycle?
Hello ladies! I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I just started the process of getting ready for my FET. I had a BFN in April of this year. We technically have 4 frosties but really they consider it 3 because the fourth one is an embryo that attested and attached itself somehow to a better one. Everyone I have talked to said they had never heard of that happening before. They're hoping it will fall off in the thawing process but who knows? I'm afraid if it doesn't it may be conjoined twins. Anyway, today I went for my scan and BW. They said everything looked perfect. I started Estrace today, baby aspirin, and continuing with my prenatals. In 10 days I'll go back for a scan and hopefully if my lining looks good we should transfer whatever survives the thaw. This is my first FET so I'm nervous that the embies won't make the thaw. So I should be scheduled for the FET sometime around the week of Nov. 12. I can't wait. I hope these days fly by. I'm sorry for the recent BFN's. Please don't give up hope ladies. I'm sooo happy to see that we have a BFP. Cheekyhalfs, your beta seems high. I think you may have multiples. Just a thought. : ) Also, this is my first time being on estrace. I'm wondering about side effects. How did you ladies fair on Estrace??
Looks like you and I are pretty much on the same schedule. Well, I'm a few days behind. But I'm glad to see I'll have a TWW buddy. Good luck on your cycle!
That's great I'd love the company!  That is just unbelievable about the embryo attaching to another, lets hope they separate when they freeze!  This is my first FET too and I have five frosties and plan on transferring two if all goes well.  How many are you going to transfer?  

The estrace for me has been brutal.  I have been so edgy and moody, exercise does help but man oh man sometimes I just want to take someones head off :)  I will manage though and then it's poi time.....oh joy oh bliss....but all for a good cause!  
Well ladies as for me things did not go well out of the 19 eggs they pulled from me only 11 fertilized and then they only had 4 that they could send away for testing and I got the call yesterday that nothing came back three out of the 4 had my husbands disorder and the other one had abnormal chromosomes. I still have a boy frozen from the last time I did this and I cant decide what to do my husband wants me to put the boy in this month but I kind of want to give my body a break it has been 4 straight months of injections and tests. Also if I did another transfer I would want more than one to put back in. Has anyone been in this situation before?

Congrats cheekyhalfs that  is awesome news
Hi babygirl - I'm in a somewhat similar situation.  I just finished my third and last failed IVF.  We've got one frozen blast that we need to decide what to do with.  I don't want it to go to waste, but I also need a little time to recoup.  Four months of all that is too much - you need a break, both physically and mentally!  The nice thing about FET is that if you're "old" like me (41), time is not the issue as it is with a fresh cycle, as you don't have to worry about producing eggs of lesser and lesser quality.  I'd definitely wait a month or so until you feel ready to do this again!

Has anyone looked into embryo donation?  I think that may be where we are headed next.  I hadn't even thought about it until my RE brought it up yesterday.  Not only is it way cheaper than using an egg donor, but then also the child is biologically NEITHER of ours, instead his but not mine (which I'm not keen on at all).  

Good luck to all the newest ladies on here!
Good evening I hope everyone is doing well on their cycles.  

Babygirl and thisistheyear you ladies have gone through at lot it seems in the last couple of months.  I agree with thisistheyear take a month or so for your body to adjust back to "normal".  With a frosty you don't need as much prep time.  A month or two also gives you some breathing time so you can prepare for a FET emotionally and mentally.

I was actually in the middle of a cycle for a FET back in January of this year and I cancelled it 10 days before my transfer.  I just wasn't ready emotionally.  I knew that if I had that transfer I would have felt resentful.  (Not a good place to be when pregnant) So I cancelled and I am so glad I did.  Life has a way of working out.  I'm glad I listened to my body and that is what you ladies should do.  Do your transfer when YOU are ready to do
it not when someone else wants to.  

Now I am ready to do this and I embrace the thought of doing a FET in the next week.  

So hugs to you both and anyone else going through this roller coaster of ttc.  
Hey thanks ladies for all your support and caring words.

We have decided to wait and go back in the new year and do another ER in January and do a transfer in Feb. I didn't want to just transfer one again seeing as that did not work out last time I want to improve my odds. I hope the time off will do some good which I think it will its all just so stressful. My husband and I definitely need a break. Best of luck to the rest of you!!

my third ivf this month i go in on monday to my doc.. first two times both BFN none to freeze -_- .. i'am 26 my husband 30 nothing wrong with neither but i do have pcos but i do get a period every month wtf i just want answers
Hi ladies, sorry I've not replied I've been pretty tired since coming home from our trip to Paris.

Nightscoldkiss, Thisistheyear & Tikita - I'm so so sad and sorry about your negatives, I have learned from the past 3.5 years of ttc that life can be unfair :( please note I am genuinely thinking of you all and her anytime you want to chat/rant Xx

Dcac- wishing you all the very best, keep me posted :)

Welcome to all the new ladies who are starting/midway through a cycle, wishing you all the very best.

Kkeitt - thank you, yes our 2nd beta which was taken on 14dp5dt is quite high lol, we are thinking there is possibly 2 little jellybeans :) either way, I'm just praying this pregnancy lasts & to see a little strong heartbeat when we have our first u/s.

Thinking of you all, take lots of care!
Thanks for the welcome.  I am in my countdown to my FET on Monday.  High beta numbers are good, how exciting that it may be twins.  Relax, enjoy, and get some rest.  
Well, I'm now 9 days into my 2ww and I have the worst headache and hot flushes. Not sure if anyone else suffered hot flushes

This cycle feels different to last one. I had extremely sore breasts last time, so much so even walking around if they bounced they hurt like hell. They are slightly tender this time, but nothing compared to last time

Last one resulted in chemical pregnancy- so not feeling too positive about getting any BFP this time round.

Will keep you all updated over my last 5 days!!!
Hey, not long till you find out then ;-)  I'm really hoping this is it for you.

As for symptoms, well you know they can vary so much from one woman to the next.  Personally, this time I just felt a little funny.  I felt headachy for about 4-5 days before getting my beta, and lots of slightly bloated strange tugging feelings in my tummy, with a lot of sharp pains in the left side.  I'm still getting twinges here and there, it's horrible - I'm constantly wondering if its all ok, or if things have decided to stop again like last time ;-(  But I need to remain positive and hope all is well.  I get a 7 week scan on Wednesday to check. I will keep you posted if you like?

Take lots of care.
Yes, pease keep me posted.  So excited for you for your scan. A magical moment

I'm getting impatient now,  just want results either way

Take cre of yourself and baba xx
I go in Monday for the bloodwork.  I am fearing since there was only 1 to put in this time that it didn't work this time either.  I keep telling myself it was the golden one.  I keep feeling what I usually feel before AF :-( My hopes aren't as high as the first time, I really thought that one was going to work since we got to put in 3.  I am really kicking myself for waiting so long to see a specialist, married 14 years and will be turning 39 in February.  I only have 2 more chances at IVF with the insurance.

Good luck to everyone that has upcoming appointments.
Hi suzi. Me too.

My Bloodwork is Wednesday. I only had 1 to put back this time, whereas I had 2 on first cycle. I turned 39 in October so chances are reducing every month. I have 1 round left after this on nhs.

I've had hot flushes last 2 days, and I'm up at this god forsaken hour this morning because I feel nauseous. Probs just the cyclgest.

Good luck for mondy

Well girls that's me out this month. I started bleeding yesterday in exactly the same way as last time. This tie it was 4/5 days prior to scheduled blood test.

We are both gutted, but actually it wasn't as hard as last time as we never got a BFP this time. I'm going to skip bloodworks as no point taking  time off work when I know the answer

So...... We are gonna have a fab Christmas and revisit in the new year. Good luck all with your journeys. I will keep reading your updates
Xxx
:( I'm gutted for you, really I am! I'm here if/when you want to chat. Hope you and your DH are ok ( as ok as you can be given the circumstances).

Take lots of care xx
Thanks cheeky.

We are ok. There's no point  wallowing as theres nothing we can do to change it. We are going to see the Killers tonight, so gonna treat myself to a few drinks and try to put it to the back of my mind.

The new year might bring new hope. If not I'm still glad we tried.

Well have a great time tonight, and totally agree with you...hopefully the new year brings everything you wish for ;)
Dcac I'm new on this but I just wanted to add that I am sorry to hear about your cycle this month.  Your attitude sounds positive and it is good that you are going to treat yourself to a night out but I still want to send out a hug for you.  It still hurts no matter how strong we are.  (Hugs)

My update is that I am at the start of things.  I go for my transfer tomorrow and I am nervous like it is my first day of school.  You think that I would have this thing down pat by now but no I'm still anxious with butterflies in the tummy.  Eeeck.
Hi Leatha, best of luck with your transfer, I hope it all goes really smoothly.  How many embryos are they hoping to transfer?

Good luck :-)
Thanks.  Despite asking to skip it, I still have to have my blood tests on Wednesday.

I wish you all the pck for your cycle. Hope all goes well for you
I haven't heard back yet, but I just saw pink so I think I am out too.  I have an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday to go over everything (Post IVF).  She was upset when there was only 1 to put back so I think we will be doing some tests or something. I have done 2 of the lifetime max of 4 cycles so I can't waste any.
Good morning ladies,

I am back home from my transfer yesterday.  All went well.  I had a two frostied thawed and they both made it so they transferred two which leaves me three frosties left.

So now starts my tww.  Day one is over and only 13 more to go till official beta.....now sure how long I will hold out before I poas......but I want to wait as long as I possibly can so those embies can settle in.

cheeky how are things going with you?
Hey that's brilliant news, so pleased it all went well and you now have 2 little embyros in there.  I hope at least one settles in for the long haul, and makes a new home in your womb for the next 8+ months ;-) ;-)

I'm good thanks, still getting some niggles in my tummy and lower back is playing up but hopefully that's all good signs.  Definitely feel a little nauseous...I thought most of it was linked to my cold, but that has cleared lots now and I still feel a little yuk sometimes.  It's weird...I go from feeling fine to really hungry, then I eat and a short time later I feel slightly sick...but then get hungry again lol...

Big day tomorrow...7 week scan to see if we have a tiny healthy heartbeat!  Am crossing everything possible this little bean(s) ok and making a happy home inside me :-)
Yes, I'm so happy that the 2 embies thawed ok and I could get to transfer both of them.  I have three more in reserve which is nice to have as a back up.  So I'm feeling quite tired today and actually had a nap today, it was soooo nice.  No pregnancy symptoms yet, but I am super aware of every little twinge, twitch and ache.  My beta is not until the 19th so it's a ways away.

I am so excited for you for your u/s tomorrow.  It is such a big load off of the shoulders when we get to see the heartbeat.   I can't wait to hear about it. Good luck.
Hi cheeky

Just wondering how your scan went?

Xx
Hi Dcac

It went really well thank you, one tiny little bean with a heartbeat, I was awestruck! Truly is the most precious thing I've ever seen :)

How are you? Xx
so pleased toee your bfp,, i posting on oct and nov thread but all good for me so far,,,,,

bring on more bfp's ladies, so hope dreams come true x
Hey, thanks....I hear your looking at a lovely bfp too, fabulous news - I hope your little bean keeps burrowing in there making a happy home :)

News not so great here....I've had some pale pale brownish d/c this morning :( my boobs have stopped hurting today, and I've got slight cramps & headaches! I'm terrified our little beans not doing so good...I'm just over 8 weeks! Please please keep me in your prayers ladies, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Hope you are all feeling ok and have some nice plans for having a go at another cycle if you're up to it

Take care!
Hi Ladies -

I haven't been here for a while since I don't have anything new to report :(  But I'm so happy to see that tes645 has joined cheekyhalfs in the BFP club!  Congrats!

Since we've had 3 unsuccessful IVFs, our RE has advised it's time to try something different.  We've decided that our next best option is donor embryos.  The hard part is finding embryos someone is willing to donate!  I've got a friend on this site who found a donor here, so I'm hoping for the same luck :)  Please keep me in mind if you here of someone who has completed their family and is willing to donate their leftover embryos to a loving home.

Good luck to all you ladies :)
I know its hard but dont worry, I had bleeding when i was preg with twins and was fine, i also work in a and e dept and say a pregnant lady bleeding, LOADS i mean we were all so sure there was no way baby could have survived and she was fine ,,,,, All im saying is bleeding can be fine, and if its more like brownish, its old blood,
Try not to panic and wait it out, has it stopped now?
Viewing 201-213 comments: