Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Sex 3 days before ovulation? 1 day after?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sex 3 days before ovulation? 1 day after?

DH was out of town Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We BD'd Thursday night, about 10 p.m. By the looks of my BBT chart, I ovulated sometime Sunday (I would say late afternoon or night because I took an OPK at 2:30 pm Saturday and it was NEG). DH returned Monday, and we BD'd at 9 p.m.

Now this is awful, because I did not BD the day before or the day of ovulation. Id say based on the fact that we BD'd Thursday NIGHT, we BD'd about 2/12 to 3 days before I ovulated.

QUESTION:  How common is it for sperm to survive that long?

How long does the egg live??? We BD'd Monday night...so I'm hoping if I ovulated late Sunday, the egg may have still been hanging around when we BD'd Monday.

I'm sorry, I'm obsessing. I just want to either call it a bad month, or have hope. = /

Baby dust to everyone!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hey, you should check out fertilityfriend.com.  There is soooo much info there about the life span and all.  I have been told that sperm can live up to 2 or 3 days.  The ewcm actually helps keep sperm healthly longer than the normal 24 hrs.  I hope this helps.  It's sad but i look there and mycycles.com and here "blush", I know i'm obsesed.  Hope this helps.  Try not to worry to much, k.

Tammy
Blank
229439_tn?1245816037
I was in the same position this month. If you have EWCM then the sperm could survive as long as five days. However 2 days in most common for survival. Its hard to go strictly by your BBT, if your OPK cam up neg on saturday then maybe you didn't ovualte yet. do you do the OPKs everyday until you get a positive thats your best bet. I hope this helps. I am 8dpo and still waiting to test.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank