Starting our 5th IUI Cycle.....what if it fails!!
Hi everyone, I am in a same sex relationship and already have one son through IUI (BFP on 2nd IUI).  We have been trying for baby no 2 with the same donor but no luck after 4 IUIs :-(
I started my meds for a 5th IUI cycle (Tamoxifen, Gonal-F (75mg daily)) but what I want to know is what if it fails again....is it time to give up or try IVF?
I have PCOs and have had my ovaries drilled twice and this seems to be my main problem...sperm quality from the donor has no issue.
Baby dust to you all....

I'm another woman in a same sex relationship going for IUI #5 this month.  I have no children, but I also have no known fertility issues.  I did my first IUI with no meds, and the subsequent 3 with clomid.  My RE says that my lack of success after 4 tries is no reason for worry yet, as I have no other known fertility issues.  (Did have fibroid surgery and mild PCOs, but I ovulate and have regular periods.  I am getting an HSG to make sur e no scar tissue is blocking tube function.)

My RE took time to remind me that not getting pregnant after 4 IUI's was not a "big deal" in my case.  The situation would be evaluated differently if I had been trying with an opposite sex partner for a long time before going the IUI route.  I'm not medically trained, but maybe it is the same for you, we just put emphasis on it more since we immediately go to IUI since we can't try "the old fashioned way" on our own.

Wishing us both (and everyone else) lots of luck this cycle.  
Hi Wonko
Thanks for your reassurance! My RE is more saying if it doesn't work next step is possible IVF-which I can't afford right now. I think because it worked after 2 IUIs  for our son that they thought it would be quick again this time.

I'm staying positive but nervous at the same time!!!  Good luck to you...hope you keep me updated on your progress :-)