Stupid Cycles! HELP!
For the last five months my cycles have only been 20(sometimes 19)days apart and I have been Ttc for 10months now (I got a new phone and lost the first 5 mos of tracking) and I realized my luteal phase may be less than ten days... I downloaded a separate app to track my cycles with 20day intervals instead of 28 and the projected dates show that my fertile week starts the day after my period end and my LP is only 8 days long...can I do something to fix it or should I go to the dr?!
Hi there,
A luteal phase less than 12 days does not provide sufficient time to the uterus to establish a nourishing lining for the fetus and may cause difficulty in conceiving. The commonest cause of luteal phase defects are low progesterone. Poor follicle production, low luteinizing hormone, being underweight all can cause low progesterone. A diet rich in vitamin C, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamin B6 may be beneficial. See a doctor .He/She may prescribe a progesterone cream. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards
Thank you very much! I have an appointment on May 8th!