Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Success after Day 3 Transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Success after Day 3 Transfer

Good morning.  I am 38 years old and am on my third IVF procedure. Last year I had 14eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. The first fresh cylce failed and the FET failed all between February and June of 2011.  Now my husband and I are going through another fresh cycle(14eggs retrieved,8 fertilized and 3 were transferred) All 3 were A+ grades with 8 cells.  I am going this Wednesday, March 7th for the pregnancy test.  I am having the same symptoms like the other 2 times when I was not pregnant.  Horrible cramping in my back, sore breasts(not super sore, but sore)...feels like symptoms of my period.  my doctor tells me the Progeterone injections can cause period symptoms, but I feel like it is more than the shots.  I am reading Scriptures from the Bible and trying to keep my faith and hope up, but the human nature side of me wants to be negative...I am fighting these feelings as hard as I can, I just feel really bad today.  has anyone been through something similar and can offer some advice. Thanks so much
I had the same symptoms as you and tried hard to be positive but alot of the time I was negitive out of fear . your ovaries are still huge from the cycle and causing the cramping as well as the progesterone. You go this wed 3/7 for you bw? what day is it for you?
Well I felt the same was as you and also had a 3day transfer fresh but I had (2) 8 cell grade 3 put back and both of them took. I just had my US today early since my 1st Beta was over 1200 and showed 2 beautiful babies. Your symptoms are normal and I know its hard but  try to relax and if its been over 9 days since transfer try a HPT it should show by now
I had success with day 3 trasfer and my embryos were much lower quality than yours.  I hope bfp is coming yoru way.
Stay strong!
Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I also meant to mention that I was given the IntraLipid I V therapy on the day of my transfer because of a symptom I have called Antiphospholipid markers(which were described to me as blood clots).  this treatment is supposed to help boost the body's immune system to help the embryos implant.  I also have endometriosis, which is a huge cause of infertility also.  So I have been reading my scriptures of hope, patience and encouragement and praying that tomorrow will be a positive test!  Congratulations on your twins and thank you again for responding and talking with me.  God Bless you and your family
Thanks so much for your kind words.  Congratulations on your success.  I did forget to mention that I am on Day 10 of post transfer.  Tomorrow is the big day! Have a wonderful day and God Bless.
Good Luck tomorrow.
I just wanted to tell you thanks so much for your prayers, but the pregnancy test was negative yesterday.  My husband and I are just staying strong in God's word and uplifting each other.  We have 5 embryos frozen, so we will pray that we will have success with the next transfer.
Thanks again and God Bless
I am sorry it did not happen this time . Best of luck next time 5 frozen is awesome nice strong eggs. I only had 1 make it to freeze.
I tried for times now I got a bfp the doctors had to treat me as a individual they gave me less med. Over a longer period of time the second thing is they found polyps on my uterine lining. These two things should have been establish 3 years ago but thanks for my RE they took the time out to come up with a plan and let me not leave out my medhelp family!!
I tried Four times
1st beta 408:) its official
I just found out today that only three fertilized and they will be transfering 2 on day 3 little saddened i know day 5 is better and that leaves one for freezing say a prayer for me please. My transfer is Sunday. Thanks