Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Taken clomid without having a period ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Taken clomid without having a period ?

Hello! I just wanted to know if anyone has taken clomid w/out being on your period. I dont get my periods unless i take provera and my doc. said that you dont have get your periods to take clomid. I took my 1st dose 2 months ago to get jump start my system and hopefully get pregnant but no luck. Since then no periods... so i was just wondering if anyone has just taken clomid w/out being on their periods.
I have taken clomid five times, the first four were preceeded by prometrium to have af, the fifth after prometrium i did not have af so doc told me to take the clomid anyway so my fifth cycle i did not have a period before.
My doctor said I had to have a period before I could start the clomid. I think you need to shed the lining before starting the clomid so the cycle can start over and your ovaries can release an egg.
Hello I'm in exactly the same situation as u. I don't have periods and was put on clomid. Doctor seemed to think this was the thing to do as we want a baby and haven't had periods for 3 yrs since coming off contraceptive pill. I had my 1st clomid on aug 12th, no ovulation on blood test day 21 and no ovulation yesterday day 28.. I thought I would then get a higher dose to start but instead asked me to give it 1 more week. I'm very confused, could I still o this late? Are u going to be taking another round of clomid?
Hi! Thanks for responding. I know this whole process is so confusing especially when you get conflicting advice. My endo. told me that it is important to shed the lining so was basically told that if dont have your periods for 3 months you need to take provera to get your period and my obgyn said you don't need to be on your period or have it to ovulate/ take clomid. Its been like 2 months since no period but each month i think i ovulate based on the whole charting: temp, cramps, mucus and otc ovu test but than no period or baby makes me think i didn't ovulate at all. I think i am just going to see a whole different doc and see what they say...because i do have 2 weeks before i reach the time i started my 1st clomid cycle.

Saz1983 i will let you know and ooo as far as ovulation because our cycles are not regular it may take longer than the so called 5-10days after taking clomid to ovulate. are you feeling cramps on the sides?
Hi Sorry this took long but have been trapped in the web of medical ins. So I did a lot of research and most people say it is good to take clomid when you have your period. The reason for this is that the lining has to be perfect not too thick from not getting your periods because then the egg won't stick. So I took provera and clomid on day 3. I am just waiting now.... Hope all is going good for you!