Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Temp Dip at 7 DPO

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Temp Dip at 7 DPO

I usually temp in the 97's before ovulation and see a temp of mid to high 98's right before AF. I'm at 7 DPO and today saw a temp dip to 97.4. I'm usually around 98.4 at 7 dpo. I was googling this - as I was sort of confused - and saw that one cause for dip could be implantation. Does anyone know more about this? I'm not a charter, but I know this is low temp for me at 7 dpo. I have low cramps and yesterday was in a store and had a DEEP twinge down low, enough quick pain to stop me in my tracks. I also have a headache for past two days. Any thoughts? Thanks guys, still feeling new to all this TTC stuff!
Sounds very promising. A dip does not necessarily mean implantation, but in your case, I think it definitely could have been...especially considering the cramps and twinges you've been experiencing. Good luck!!!
Are you on Fertility Friend?  If so, it tells you if you temp may reflect an implantation dip.  I hope it does!  Please keep us updated on your progress!  If you are on FF, you can post you chart's URL and we can check it out and see what kind of pattern you are showing!

Heather
My understanding is that the dip can occur from a decrease in the amount of pregesterone in your system, and then if a rise occurs after that, the hope is that it is from implantation having taken place and therefore progesterone level going back up.  I am anxious to hear what your temp did this AM!  Dont worry too much. Last month I has several very low, unusually low temps and I was worried about it, but I got my BFP. You never know when that baby will grab ahold!  SSBD!
oops. ignore the other post about my temp dip. last night i didnt think it posted so i did two, but i see two are up there. oops. thanks for the support guys. im 27 and thought ttc would be easy! im on month 6. sigh. we usually bd every day to every-other day during the week of O, but this month we were in a wedding and missed a couple opps. we bd'd every two days a couple times during the week, so im already worried this month was a wash! this temp dip threw me for a loop. ill keep you posted!
temp went from 97.4 yesterday at 7 dpo to 98.0 at 8 dpo. Thoughts?