Thin uterine lining, is there any way to thicken it???
Hi. Dh & I are in our 3rd year ttc. We both checked out okay, but so far, no luck. My only issue is that I have a t-shaped uterus & so my RE won't put me on meds that could increase the chance of multiples. It's too much of a risk. Anyway, this past cycle I had an u/s on cd12. My RE measured my uterine lining & I can't remember how thick it was, but she commented that it was thin, but that I had a few more days for it to thicken. So, now that I'm cd2 again, I called my RE's office & asked the nurse to look back each month to see if my lining has always been thin... Even on the day of iui, it was only 5 point something! She said it's supposed to be 7 or 8. I'm sitting here waiting for a call back from my RE, but I've been waiting 2 hours... I'm thinking this could be why I'm not conceiving & I'm hoping there's something I can do to fix this. I take progesterone after I O, but is there something I can do to thicken my lining before I O? Thanks for any help!!! :)
I had the same problem - you know my history - the RE indicated that for our next cycle she would put me on estrogen to help increase the lining.  I hope they get back to you soon!  That is very frustrating.
Thanks! :) Were your AFs normal? I'm still waiting... maybe the estrogen is an option for me. I'll let you know when I hear from my RE...
Hi there-
Sorry to hear that-I was told the same thing.  My RE put me on estradiol (estrogen) and prometrium, which both come in a pill form.  Then I also have to take progesterone suppositories.  I guess the combination is supposted to help.  Good luck to you!
the progesterone supps is what my RE put me on to make sure my lining was nice and thick.  its awful to have to use them 2 times a dau but all worth it in the end.
Thanks, ladies :)  Leighanne:  I do take progesterone twice a day from O-AF, but I'm wondering what I can do before O.  Any suggestions?

So, I spoke to my RE & basically he said there's nothing I can do as far as meds because estrogen would be counter-effective & other meds would increase my risk for multiples.  He's still pushing me towards IVF because that way, I could take the meds & still only implant one embryo, reducing the risk for multiples.  My concern is that if the IVF meds don't increase my lining, then I'm going through the whole IVF process just to be disappointed if the thin lining is my problem...  Anyway, that's my take on what he said! lol!  I'm supposed to go in for another consultation to discuss "a more aggressive" approach & I know that means IVF.  I just don't feel like I'm ready for that yet.  If anyone has any suggestions pre-O how to thicken your lining just by what you eat, etc. please share! :)  Thanks!!!