Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Two Clomid Questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Two Clomid Questions

Hi...does anyone know if Clomid will actually lengthen your cycle?  Twice now my cycle went to the 34th day; which was so brutal as I really thought that I was pregnant both times!  Also, does anyone know any ways to lessen the side effects of Clomid?  I am only on 50 mg but my husband told me last night that he refers the the last cycle as "ferocious b----" time; I don't want to do that to him...it's already hard enough on our marriage!  Any help???
I had the opposite happen, it shortened my cycle. Well, actually put it back the way it was b4 mc in Jan. I take mine in the am and so far have not had the bit@hiness or sweating. Now, on round 2 at 100mg, I started getting the double and blurry vision. It doesn't last real long and comes and goes. I know a lot of women were complaining about the sweats and grumpies. All seemed to take it at night. Maybe there's the difference, I can't say for sure.
it lengthned my cycle from 26-34 days and every month for 3 months i thought it worked! We are ow moving on to injectabes...good luck
The one time I took it, it shortened my cycle but lengthened my friends. I had the hot flashes and night sweats and some moodiness but not too bad. I think it is different for each of us.
Do you know when/if you are ovulating?  Your af should show up about 14 days (give or take a couple) after your ovulation.  

If you aren't sure, I would start basal body temping.  

Clomid lengthened my cycles but only to 27-28 days.  
I didn't actually have a cycle when I started taking it, because I wasn't getting af on my own (I have PCOS) and had to take provera to induce it.  But I've been on it 4 times now (in the middle of 4th cycle so I don't know how long it is yet), and the 2 times it made me O, my cycles were 33 and 35 days long.  I O'd on CD 19 and CD 21.  I think I O'd CD 19 this month too.  Also, each time I've taken it, it's gotten a little easier with the side effects.  I was really scared when they doubled my dose the 3rd cycle, cuz I thought the side effects would be twice as bad, but it ended up being my easiest month yet!  Hang in there - I know it's put a strain on my marriage too.  You can always take a break if you need to - that's what I'm doing next month.  Although, hopefully there will be no need for a "break" from clomid next month, cuz I'm banking on this to be my month!  Hope you get a bfp too and don't need to worry about anymore clomid! :o)
I do ovulate...my progesterone level was at 24 this last cycle...just wasn't the month for me, I guess!

I started to do temp charts and my doctor asked me to stop.  Everyone is trying to help me relax a little and he thought that if I wasn't focusing on it from the first thing in my day, it might help (which maybe it did, as I did get pregnant on the first cycle of Clomid, but lost the baby 6 weeks into....

Just not sure how to lessen the side effects...they hit me HARD!  I did read today on the internet about these home remedies for conceiving so I am going to try them this cycle (figure can't hurt, so why not?)....including PreSeed, cough medicine, Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C and grapefruit juice!  

:)
I have tried the evening primrose oil and robitussin this month and I have a TON of EWCM, much more than ever before!!
I did EPO and preseed this month - I don't think I needed the preseed necessarily, because I had a ton of watery CM (best kind!).  I don't think the robitussin is necessary, and it can't be that good for your body