What causes cramping during the tww?
Okay, I can't believe I am asking this (you would think I would know stuff like this at this point), but I have looked online (and found a total of 784 posts refering to my key words) and nothing exactly answered my questions.

Brief history:
I just turned 35. This is IVF #3. I am now 5 days past a 4 day transfer (9dpo) --beta is on 5/12 (a lifetime away). I am on the progesterone in oil shots (1 1/2cc daily) and estrongen patches.

Okay here it goes:

1) What causes the cramping during the two week wait? (Implantation? Progesterone in oil? Something else?) I realize that not even everyone has cramps during the tww, but I have for each of my ivfs so far.

2) If it is implantation, does that mean the more intense cramps equate stronger attempts at implantation? (I like this idea even though I am sure that there really isn't a way to prove it.)

3) If it is the progesterone in oil injections, why does it take so long for the cramping to start? (Shouldn't the cramps start right after the first shot instead of taking seven days to start?) My cramping started at 6dpo (after 7 shots) and have steadily increased each day.

Anyone have any ideas? The tww can really do a number on a person's head! Please help to put me out of my misery!

Thanks.
Well, I don't really know too much about IVF or progesterone oil, but my RE always told me that the cramps during the tww are normal whether or not you are pregnant and they are just the corpus luteum forming in your uterus.  
I don't know anything about IVF. I normally get my period cramps a few days before my period would start, and one time they started about 7-8 dpo (they were different then period cramps) and I was pregnant.  (I was pregnant one other time and didn't have the cramps, but I lost that baby at 6 weeks) I don't know if I was any help to you or not, but hopefully this cramping is a positive sign too =) Good luck, baby dust! And I hope the 12th gets here fast for you.
Hello

I am new to this site. Just to answer your question about cramps
in the 2ww. I have done many IVFs and FETs with pessaries
or crinone and pregnyl injections. Everytime I have had cramps
and to be hopnest I dont think anyone knows for sure. Us poor
girls just want answers.
The drugs, implantation or AF coming can cause cramps and
no-one which one is causing it.
Just my opinion.
By the way I am from Perth in Australia and I have had a FET
1 day 6 blastocyst and my beta is the same as yours 12/5.
So good luck for a BFP. xxxx
I don't have a definite answer for you but I am going through the same thing. My.cramps started a few days after my shots did. Then I started getting sharp pains about three hours after my shot.  That lasted about an hour. The endocrinologist said it was the progesterone shots that were causing the cramps but my rn seemed to think it was unusual...hm