Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What does an ovary looks like with PCOS?? what are the symptoms??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hey girls! good monday morning!!! =)

I wanted to know if any of you PCOS sufferers or TTC gurus know how an ovary with PCOS looks like???
When i had my lap done in may, RE said that besides my stage1 endo, and dissapeared fibroid, he saw my ovary and he said that it didn't look normal. (in fact i got pictures). He said that it looks elongated and that he thought it wasn't a big deal so he didn't do anything with it!.....he said if he would have done somthing to correct it, that it would have been more complicated! =/

Does it sound familiar? any thoughts?
To my understanding an ovary with PCOS looks like a string of pearls due to the cysts inside and the eggs. However thats not always the case. I have PCOS and don't have any cysts, so my ovaries are ok.
thanks for your reply msniki412.....do your ovaries have any shape abnormality? like elongation??
i just wonder what could be the thing that's causing it, or if it's just a birth malformation???
do you have any symptoms??
My ovaries are fine. Thats why it took my doctors so long to figure out why I was having problems. My only symptoms of having PCOS is irregular periods and also extra hair [on my face mostly]. My ovaries don't have any cysts in them or on them, as I just had a sonogram done on July 2 and everything was normal. They also normal size as well. The only reason my doctor told me he believed that this is what I have is because from a blood test, 2 of my hormones were high. Birth control right now is helping me, but I do believe when I'm ready for kids I think I will need Clomid to help me ovulate as I beleive I didn't always ovulate.
I had PCOS 3 years ago and on my ultrasound there were a string of pearls in  my ovary.  It was neat to see but painful to know.  I was put on 500mg er twice a day and when I went in for IVF ultrasound there were no signs of PCOS anymore.  After 3 months when I started Metformin I started to ovulate.  
Metformin has been great for me even though I have not gotten pregnant that is why I started IVF.
Good Luck!
Thank you so much for the responses and for the good thoughts!!! Girls, I am sending you all my best wishes as well.......and a BIG HUG.
msniki412- I am sure you will get preggers in no time. I think mild cases don't have as much trouble to get pregnant as the advanced ones.
lookingup- I am so glad you found out you don't have PCOS anymore!!! How many rounds of IVF have you done so far? are you in any kind of wait right now??