Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
What is the sperm count needed for IUI?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

What is the sperm count needed for IUI?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

THANKS
I googled it and this is what I found: http://www.sharedjourney.com/iui/faqs.html

Although the minimum sperm count necessary to have an IUI performed is one million, it is normally recommended that a sperm count of at least 5 million be used. However, the less sperm that is used, the lower the chances of success. Therefore, a sperm count between 20 and 30 million is usually thought of as ideal.

Hope this helps!!
Thank you!!!
My RE requires a sperm count of at least 10mil to do iui........I hope you are still keeping IVF as an option and most of all I hope your DH's next SA comes back in the millions.
We are certainly keeping IVF as an option.  However, our insurance does not cover it.  We are also considering adoption if the MF is not resolved.
Just remember adoption cost just as much as IVF if not more. However with IVF most fertility clinics offer a payment plan that works for you.
I know- my sister has been thru 4 failed IVFs and is on to egg donation.  Maybe that's what makes me so nervous.  I see all she's been through and the thought of adoption at least reassures me that there will be a baby at the end of everything.  I also have 3 adopted neices and nephews....
Its hard when you see someone you know that went through failed IVF's. I am kinda feeling bad about IVF myself. You have to be on so many meds and sticking needles in you daily isn't my cup of tea. But I will try it and hope it works. Adoption at this point is not something The DH and I are considering. I also have two adopted cousins. I just don't think its for us. If IVF doesn't work I think thats it for us. NO donor stuff or adoption. I applaude you though for considering adoption there are so many babys that need good loving families.
Think positive about IVF!  You are young and it has a great chance of working!!!  Are you doing accupuncture with your IVF?  I am a strong believer in it!!!  It has helped me so much with endo cramps and DH s going to try it this week.  Something to think about.  As for adoption and any kind of family planning- it is such an individual thing.  I am an elementary school teacher so I have seen the ups and downs of adoption.  Also one of my best friends is an adoption caseworker and she has even said adoption is not for her!  My sister also is not looking at adoption- but she is doing an egg- which would be hard for me to do...it's like you never know what you'll do until you are in the situation.  Also it's like people pressure infertile couples - why don't you adopt- I look at them like- why don't you?  Whatever you and DH choose will be right for you!!!  SSBD!!!!
Hi are you need a sperm you are relay need a sperm so cot me my cot nub 08469173777 mayur