Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
absolutly gutted :-(( ivf update

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

absolutly gutted :-(( ivf update

Ok so the ladies who know me will know i had my IVF appointment today so the doc has said my file has to go up infront of the consultants at the next meeting as Iv had 2 pregnancys in 2years and IVF is normally only funded if you have no pregnancys within a 2yr period so he reckons there going to ask me to wait 6-12months :-(((( Im sooo gutted i cant explain then to top it all off he kept looking at a page in my file n i said whats that he said ohhh you have "slightly" low ovarian reserve he said mines 11.63 and someone my age the normal is 16 im like WTF!! Iv been seeing specialists now for 4years and no-one has ever mentioned this, also i dont know where theyve got this from yeah they did a blood test last year but it wasnt on a particular day of my cycle or anything so im a little confused as to that but then again it would make total sense why between the ages of 12-18 i only had a period every 2 months and now sometimes there 29days and some are 65day cycles I cant believe after all this time theyve sprung this on me so im now looking to google for answers as i want to know how this affects my hormones ect.
So just a quick update for you ladies

SSBD
Do you live outside of the U.S?  I've never heard of IVF being funded.  

I'm sorry you're going through such a frustrating time!
Yeah im in the UK, IVF/ICSI is funded by the NHS im entitiled to 2 cycles free then anymore i pay to go private.

Thankyou for your reply its much apreciated
that is ridiculous that they are making that judgement based on blood tests from a year ago!  usually when criteria is being decided on, a whole new range of blood tests will be ordered.

I am starting my 3rd fresh round of ivf which in australia you can get subsidised through the public system if you meet criteria .. so I have just had another round of bt's to make sure that I'm still eligible .. you should contest this .. keep pushing till you get proper answers .. good luck .. I hope you get there soon!
Thanks for your reply hun.

I had these bloods done last Oct im just a little confused how they get these results when they wasnt on a particular day of my cycle, He also said these bloods are only done once yearly. It really has thrown me i thought my only problem was im missing my right tube (due to reptured ectopic) Well im going to ring in 3 weeks and if they do turn me down im going to see if there is a process for appeal. Im also not too clued up on this low ovarian reserve but iv been pregnant 4 times now in 4years now (unfortunatly no live births) but what i have read is that its associated with low progestorone which is the reason i think i lost my last pregnancy. Im going to book an appointment with my GP in the meantime and see what he has to say but for me to wait another 6-12months im going to be yet another year older (i know im only 25 but im only getting older not younger and surley there is a better sucess rate while im younger) I just dont know anymore this really has put a spanner in the works!

Thanks again hun and i hope you get that BFP soon SSBD your way!!
Hi,I live in Massachusetts and IVF is fully funded with most health plans.  If you are over 40, you do need to be approved, but that just means you need to have an FSH of 15 or less.  If you are under 40, you just need to have tried for 12 months.  I will get full funding for 6 IVF cycles (that is the cap with my insurance).  New Jersey and Maryland also have state mandates for IVF coverage, but not sure of what other states have it.  If you live near a mandate state, it may be worth looking into. You can research what states offer coverage online.

Amy, good luck to you!!