Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
blast stage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

blast stage

I started IVF and I had my retireval about two weeks ago. I hyper stimulated so I was unbale to have my transfer. I was disappointed and in so much pain. My doctor informed me I had three that they would freeze. One is past the blast stage and the other two or at the blast stage. I am unsure on how many I should put back. I really would like to put one back in but I am afraid it will not take snd putting two back will up my chances. The doctor informed me that putting two back only make the chances of me having twins higher. I am really confused and need some advice. This is my second time doing invitro and I really want it to work. I never realized how much stress and disappointment women have to deal with infertility issues and then to have people come up to you and say when are you going to have children as if it is that easy.

This discussion is related to Success with transfer of blast in IVF.
My thought on it is that if your embryo is going to implant it will implant regardless how many you use. The tricky part is, if they use the one that will implant or not? This realy is a decision for you. I personaly have always used 2 and w/ my FET if all 3 make the defrost I will use them all because I don't see the point in paying to store just one. But, if you feel like you will try again, if this cycle does not work, then you might consider just using 1 or 2. Just depends if you feel like you could handle triplets or twins. If you don't feel like your body can take it, or you personaly can't handle it, I would'nt take that risk. But again, I believe this is something for you and your partner to discuss and decide together.
I had the same situation happen to me.  I hyperstimulated when I did a fresh cycle so we had to do a FET instead of a fresh implantation.  We put 2 in and I think that made our chances good but it is true what Hoping4_2 said that you have to be comfortable having twins if you want to put 2 in.  I am a good responder to everything so I felt good putting 2 in but I was also alright with having twins.   You definitely need to talk to your partner and talk to your doctor.