Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
can you get pregnant after getting your tubes tied and burned ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 601-684 comments:
hi Gabby2542, congratulations, i am crazy to have a baby, i really want one but my tubs was cut or what ever 25 years ago and my period stop 2 years but 7 years ago i married again and i really want another baby but i think its impossible for me now but i am believe in God maybe he gives me this luck and if anyone or any doctors know something please let me know! thank you!
dont tied your tubes bcause u will have these bad pain .i just had my tubes tied and i reget because i have very sharp pain on my left side. and what i have read that other women have there tube tied they say that you could have pain forever it never goes away and you wont be able to do notting ,trust me
can you please give me the church"s name because i would love to have another baby.
I would like to know about these church groups because I have my tubes clamped because I thought I would be with my first husband forever well needless to say that did not happen and me and my new husband would like to have a baby but are unable to afford the cost of a reversal. If you can please respond by email it is ***@****
If anyone here is having a baby that is not wanted my husband and I would love to adopt!!!! I made the horrible mistake of having a tubal ligation after a horrible pregnancy, I was very sick my entire pregnancy!!! I know hope and pray that I get pregnant and every month I have my period it hurts me inside. I don't have a ton of money to pay for a reversal or in-vitro fertilization. Hopefully the right person will come across this and contact me! I would love to be able to bless my husband with a boy though adoption as we have all girls. I can be reached by email ***@****
I am scared to get my tubes tied
I am scared to get my tubes tied
I'm so scared to get my done yikes
I am in need of the same thing......i have met the love of my life and bout to marry him and he wants kids,but my tubes are tied n burnt
me too, I would love to have another baby........
Don't ever tie or burn your tubs!!!!!!!!  I advise everyone not to do, in any circustances never do anything that stop you of getting pregnant, I did my ex was a devil, and now I am crazy to have a baby with my second husband and i can't get anyone to help me, I had never tought I would marry again and i did i met the love of may life and  we are married now, and I really want a baby, but can't get anyone to help me, I am counting on God to make a miracle in my life... Its very sad my situation........don;t do anything that stop you by not getting pregnant ever agaimmmmm
is there any agency or people out here that will help with tuble reversel my husband and i want a baby so bad  please any thing to help finanically would help
I have had my tubes tied since March of 2008. In June I didn't have my period for a few months and I kept taking tests and they all came back negative, finally I took one and it was positive. I went to the doctor and within a few days and they did their pregnancy test and it was negative. I was told I had a chemical pregnancy.
My husband and I were devastated.
Now, I've been without a period since the end of July. I took a test a few weeks ago and it was negative. I just took another one a couple of days ago and it is positive. My boobs are swollen, I've had morning sickness (which I thought was the flu until I took the test) I'm tired all the time, lower back pain. I spotted for one day about a month ago.
I'm terrified now that it will be a tubal pregnancy when I go into the doctor or a chemical pregnancy (still not even sure exactly what that means). My husband and I are newlyweds and want a baby so bad!
I'm just afraid that we are going to be crushed again!!!!
I am a 31 yrs olds mother with 2 beautiful kids and getting marriages in  2 weeks cant get pregnant after having my tube burn my fiance does not have no kids. I had one tube burn and the other not burns my doctor had to do surgery on me I had an miscarriages and doctor told me he burnt my other tube for me not to become pregnant no more. I am kinda hurt because my wedding is in 2 weeks and my husband to be dont have no kids my soon to be mother in law want a grandbaby before she leave this world I am on a low fixed incomes I been doing like of research to find out how to become prgenant the day I get marry this year.
I JUST HAD A BABY 9 mo a go  i got my tub tubes tied  but i know if my doctor burned them i missed a period what should i do???
Please help:)
i had my i think tide an burned a little over three years ago an i do regret it cuz my husband wanted to have a baby so we forgot about it an ive had three otherbabys an i no how my body gets when im progo an ive had myperiods the same time everymonth up until bout 3 months ago ihadone was nothing the missed a whole month then had one but light and only 3 days an no pms feelings the feeling an how my sleeping changed an everything is the same as with mylast three im glad mnot the only one with this butmy husbands says im crazy an theres no way but im not even sure if they did tie them cuz it was a c section and the were in a hurry cuz the had an emergeny coming in an were rushing an i neversigned when released or b4 thatit was going to be done an it wasnt even my dr it was one on call so im not even sure if they did it but thanksi feel better that i aint just thinking crazy thoughts
I have just got my letter from the Jackson Clinic in TN by Dr. Lisa Rodgers to have my tubes reversed and when I saw ur post it really brings hope for me. At the age of 23 after my 3rd child i decided to get my tubes tied and then I meet my soulmate and we have been together for 3yrs and want a baby together. Im 29 now and in great health so I hope and pray for a great outcome as u had.
And he will if your way is with god and if it is in his will for your life the lord will show you favor and i will pray for you ...
Did you have a baby??
I had a tubaligation 5 yrs ago. But I am puzzled here because my perioid was one day and I am feeling sick all day and bloated, can smell every gross thing known to man and food; the thought of food makes me sick.I am not sure if it could be the flu or that I am pregnant. This has been going on for two weeks now. This just crazy to me, you would think I would know after 3 kids, but maybe it's denial because I don't think it could happen after having a tubal.
I feel the same way... I am sad because he wants to have a baby so bad... I feel like I will lose him...We don't even have enough money for Vitro. :(( and I am 39 and he is 25...imagine my ordeal
how much does it cost to get your tubes unntied just wondering
How long were your tubes tied, before you had the reversal done.?
I had my tubes tied 6 yrs.ago during a c-section in 2005 it's now 2012 in sept. I had two periods the same month for two months then in dec.2012 my period never came my normal period ison  the 1st. Of every month I'm now as of today 18 days late and I think I maybe pg. can anyone help me please?
i had my tube tired going on ten years  and i am sorry i tried them now i  what them to loose i hope they can  
Yeah I too think and feel the same way that you did. Yes I had my period for the month but I bled for one day and then spotted for three and now am all done. It ended just yesterday and I too have noticed some unusal mood swing and emotional tides as well.I had no signs of getting my period like I usually got before Iget my period. Is it possible that I could too be pregnant also. I am 34 yrs old and a mother of three boys and a 4 month old girl. My oldest is three my twins are two and my daughter is my youngest. Last month my period was 11 days late and I bled like crazy but this month was not as bad or as long or heavy. My doctors seem to think me as being pregnant again is that possible? Can that happen?
I have a had my tubes tied and my dr said that he tied them twice on both sides and also burned them i had it done immediately after my c-sec with my third child almost 8yrs ago, i am now feeling all the symptoms i felt with all 3 of my children is it possible that i could be pregnant i am praying that i am because my fiancee doesnt have any children please pray for me ladies.
hi my name is nancy well i had my tubes tide and burn in 08-07 and for the past tree weeks i have being feeling back pain my stomach is getting bigger my breast feel funny like when your producing milk they hurt i dont know what to do can someone help me should i wait longer
hi I am 30 years old i had my tubes burned and cut 7 years ago. but for the past 2 weeks i have been feeling off.. nauseated, sore breasts but not full, so tired all the time. my stomach is feeling off as well. I am not due for my period until the 4th, but something is up.. should i wait or take a test?
Plus i have spotted 3 different days in the last 2 weeks and i never spot between periods,,,
I am going thru the samething I have had my tubes tied for almost 21/2 yrs now..but in Oct my peroid was only for 4days, 7 days for Nov but vary off very light and my period flows and 3 days for Dec...Went to the dr's in Nov took a preg. test it came back neg she checked my cervics it was tender with pain she sent to have a ultrasound and a transvaginal one it came back that i had a  mass which is a fibroid...Ok had another preg test a few wks done n that came back neg.. but my belly is getting bigger,breast is too, gaining weight like crazy,eatting like crazy, all the symptoms....now what am i suppose to think....really dont want another baby at this point
from the time i have had my tubes cut and burn my period has never been the same my period last me 2 1/2 weeks and on top of that i want another baby. why is it that it's so dam expensive to get a reversal ? i wish i could have anothrer baby.oh yes one more thing my breast are milking and i'm not pregnant why is that anyone that has the answer to that can please email me @ ***@****
Hello I'm 33 years old I got a tubal ligation 11 years ago after my 3rd child because of a abusive marriage and felt I had no choice but now I'm with a incredible fiance and would love to have a child by him there is just one thing my tubes are tied and burnt and cost to untie is way to much for me so is there any hope that I will ever be able to conceive again without paying
I had cyst removed july 2012, then october 2012 cyst returned. I had mirena iud dr said he thought it was causing cyst so he removed cyst, iud, and tied my tubes. I was very upset didnt want tubes tied. Now my right lower back and same side hurt so bad I cant even bend over. I have also had sinus infection since january 2013 I think my immune system down since surgery not sick often this is unusual for me. Im also sleepy alot and my energy dont last long. I cant afford to go dr cause since having trouble I have been on medical leave from work and they canceled my insurance. I dont know what may be wrong with me now. This pain in my back is awefull and it does not go away even with pain med. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
My daughter can't have a baby and I had my tubes tied and burnt and I'm minaposal can I still get preg and have a baby for her? This is my question
i am going through the same thing i have had mine cut and burned little over a year and i had 2 periods last month and it has been a month since the last. i am on freak out mode i dont know if i am or if it is a fluke. could be possiable i read that it is and it could not i am sooo confused. i also dont want to get too worked up. all we can do is either wait and pray or take a test and see a doctor
hi I was wondering if u were prego cause I had my done 7yrs ago and im 4days late I really don't wanna be and im kinda scared
I had my tubes tided and burnt in 2007, i wind up being pregnant in Jan 2013 but it was in my tubes..Yes u can still get pregnant, i didnt believe it until it just happened  to me

When I had my 2nd daughter 5yrs ago I had a c-section and got my tubes snipped burned and tied...I always have a normal period on the last wed of the month but never have in June...Im very emotional, hurts to wear a bra, gained weight,eating more,waking up middle of night hungry and have to go pee which I never have done unless I was prego, I can smell stuff better, my hubby is in the hospital when they put iv in him and did blood work I got sick to my stomach which that kind of stuff never bothers me til the other day,also been feeling weirdness moving around in my stomach,been having sharp pains under my boobs at times or on my sides...anyways if I'm prego and embryo is in my tube how quick do I need to make sure I am prego and to see if embryo needs to put moved to my uterus before it could harm the emybro...also I'll b 33 on the 25th of july
I had the same exact thing done to me after my 3rd daughter also in 2006. Did you find out wheher you are pregnant or not? I always worry that I won't get pregnant again although I am married, I am very fertile, but don't want anymore children. I have several reasons for not wanting anymore... :-(
OMG!!!!!! WOW!!!! I thought I was VERY fertile!!! How many children to do currently have now Gabby?
OMG! I always wondered if you can still get pregnant after getting your tubes tied, cut and burned like I did...I had my third daughter in 2006, and I always say to myself, I hope I NEVER get pregnant again! I guess I'll have to tell my hussband to start wearing condoms or not to you know what inside...Ugh! :-/
i am in the same boat as u are i too was in an abusive marriage had a child and now i have a great fiance' and we want a baby and the reversal is just too much money if you hear of anything that we can do PLEASE let me know.
Ya'll are creeping me out! I've had a total of 4 boys. my first son didn't make it through delivery  at 21 weeks of being extreme sevear preclamptic... I then had 3 planned pregnancies after in which the 2nd ended in a bad miscarriage, and then I had another after my 3rd that was not planned and I was a divorced mom of 2 boys. I didnt have help from their dad so I got my tubes burnt after my 5th pregnancy with my youngest. I have met a wonderful man since then and he badly wants a baby. financially and with my 3 boys I have now, I'm not ready to have it reversed but the past 2 weeks, my nipples have gotten real sensitive, my boobs r sore, I've been peeing a lot for me, I spotted very little last col days, very Moody and emotional. He has been telling me I'm pregnant. yesterday when I went to work, a co worker was like... somethings different bout u and kept naming off stuff and I kept answering  no.... all of the sudden she goes u have this glow.... OMG ur pregnant! Lol I was like ummm my tubes r burnt! So everyone started takin... so I got paranoid and bought a test and guess what it was neg! Id love to have a baby, its just scary bc I want a permanent home, no more moving like I have been and I'm trying to.get this 911 job. Reading ya'lls post has got me freaking lol...
LOL! I would freak out too! I hope all is well for you and your job...! :-)
I have my tubes tied for a year now but im missing periods have the belly and the morning sickness but dont have insurence wat can i do
im 39 and have three kids 23,22 and 17 now i want another baby but i cut and burned., what can i do i really want another baby every one saying i am crazy but this is what i want., comments please and how much is it
Its not crazy cause iv missed my period now for 2 weeks had my tubes tied in 2008 and now i'm pregnant my boobs are sore and i have a little belly my feet are swollen and nausa and cravings its very possible to get pregnant its 1 to 5 years after tubes tied that there is a chance to get pregnant cause the tubes loosen up over time and mine are cut tied and burned
I got my tubes tied and burned after having my 2nd son. Both my boys were. Preemies. My body couldn't handle pregnancy towards the end and it would make me animic and all my bllod platlits would drop way to low. So my doc advised and my mother in law that's a nurse for obgyn, to get my tubed tied. I didn't want to tie my tubes, cause I am only 26 and still wanted a little girl. But did cause I didn't want to take the chance of leaving my loved ones early. Well now its been 9 weeks since my son was born. I only bleed for 2 weeks after I had my son, and not very heavey bleeding either. So now for 7 weeks I haven't had a period. My husbands worried that I could be pregnant due to we didn't wait 6 weeks afterwards to have sex. Could I be pregnant?
But how likely is it after having the procedure done?..Ive had mine done the same way as you since February 2011..and it implanted in your uterus?
Hello if you told me i be writing on this blog and reading all the letters post I think your crazy for suggesting it. But Here goes my story I am 48 a mother of two daughter's 28, and 24 after my youngest was born I had my tubes tied due to complication from my pregnancy. Well now at 48 I am in a new marriage with a great man who i very fertile he has five grown children. he is the love of my life. i said God blessed me with my soul mate, we joke around and say if we had meet and waited on the Lord our fabulous seven would be ours together. Actually he says I would be their mother and course he would be all of their father. I do love him now I find my self questioning pregnancy or menopause? Well by breast are growing again and are very tender to the touch. I had a small bumpy bumps around the nipples. I also had a small discharge. Tummy is swollen and and now i missed my period. I took a pregnancy test just after my breast hurt to the touch. It was negative. I still am so confused I think I am pregnant, Dr appointment on the 8th of November. Wish me luck.... i love my Hubby either way God is in control. I kinda hope I am.
I am divorced with three grown children from that marriage.  I have fallen madly in love with a guy who don't have children.  I had my tubes tied after my third child.  Thought I was finished with having children.  Since the divorce, no man has ever aroused me like the guy I am with now.  There is a age difference, I am 50 and he is 39.  We have discussed the possibility that a child would be perfect.  I have a lot of things going on, and that is sometimes I miss my period and I think that it could be I am pregnant or menopause.  What am I to do?
i had 4 c section the youngest is 10  i finally found the right man but tied and burn all i could do is have faith to have another one the lord nows best in him i trust
I had a baby 11 mos ago my tubes where tie about 2 years ago I had the baby boy on dec.. 21 2012  I found out I was pregnant oct.12 2012 I had no I deal I was pregnant my family doc said I was not pregnant  we did all the tests . I was told I could not have any more kids well I had about 2 mos to get ready and it was worth it my miracle baby.  Carla mtvernon,mo
Ok i just had a baby 3 months ago and i got my tube taken out but me and my husband didnt wait 6 weeks to have sex i have not started my period i have been feeling sick alot and mood swings and eatting alot more and im creaving weird stuff so i dont know if im prego or not
I had my tubes tied when I was 25 now I'm 34 an want to know if I could still get with child without getting a my tubes reversed
I got my tubes tied a year ago and I don't have any sharp pain and my period is only three days light all three days
i am 52 year old i got one child and 4 step kids,, and 8 grandkids,,, i have my tube tire and burn,, can i get preg  in 13 years,, i goign though the change
i need help from some one ,,let me know if i could  get a other child,, i like to ahve aothe rone, but i am getting to old and, i am on some meds... please some one answer it
I had complications after my youngest child was born and the dr was determined I get a tubal. I have been with my present husband for 8 years now and he has no children. I was wondering if this clinic was expensive and if you found help to assist you. Please contact me at ***@****. Thanks
I want to have more kids with the new boyfriend but 7 years ago I had my tubes burned after I had my 6 kid how do I go bout having more kids
The doctor would def tell you if your tubed are burned as that for them is a very serious offense. Unless you specifically asked for your tubes to be tied and burned they will always be just tied. Sorry if this response is long overdue and I am sure you have gotten alot of feedback. But have a BLESSED DAY!
I heard $5,000.00. The same cost for having a boob job! I checked!
I'm getting married next July and mt husband tobe does not have any kids of his own and I have 2 wonderful kids and we both want one of our own I had my tubes tied and burned 3yrs ago and every time we think were pregnant and were not cause I always get my period but the funny thing is I have the symptoms of being pregnant and the tests r negitive so what can i do so I can give my new husband a kids of his own cause I want another one myself so I need help since were low income and dont have much money for anything eles so can u please help us!!!
hi im in the same situation as you and it is so depressing but I would love to speak with you more on this topic please email me at ***@****. I pray daily and regert my decision I made when I was so young.
I had my tubs tied three years ago and I am a month late an it is march an I still have not started. I took a test and it said that I was not pregnant. I normally start around the same time every month which is the 20th or 22. What  do I do
i know how you feel i have a wounder full husband now and we want to have a baby but i cant my ex husband raped me and i did not wan to have anouther baby with him so i got my tubes brunt and tied it ***** big time i pray to the lord every day to bless me and my new husband
You know you can get pregnant after your tubes are tied and burned I know a lot of people who have gotten pregnant. I am a women who is 49 I am  pregnant and this is my  husband first two so I know God can and he will give you the desire of  your heart. Just wait you will see what the Lord Almighty can do for you.
Hey how r u, My name is Tina and is also looking to get my tudes reversed, and live in tennessee,would u mind pass on my information about the doctor please,Thank
HI my name is Priscilla and me and my husband have 4 Beautiful children 3 girls and 1 Handsome son the last one was a boy in 2006. We thought we would not want anymore so we made the biggies mistake of getting my tubs tied Just found out today that they just did not tied them they also burn and clipped it I am very sad right now. I was 25 years old when I got it done. We would love to know if I could come out pregnant? Me and my husband pray that one day God will bless us with a BABY.
You can get a reversal performed but it often isn't successful, and leaves scar tissue, which means you are much more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy. It is often better for you to try IVF where they place the fertilised eggs back in your uterus at the right point in your cycle. There are no guarantees that you can become pregnant, that is why you are told when you get your tubes tied that it is a permanent form of birth control. Why don't you go see an OandG doctor and get some advice if you are serious about having another child? Good luck.
I,know how you feel,I,was married before my first marriage was horriable.I,decided to have my tubes,tied,cut,and burnt,thats because he had me talked into it.I,regret having it done,beacause Im married to a wonderful man,and I,cant have any kids.I,take it very personal,and it does bother me a lot!!!! I,pray that GOD,will give me my gratest desire.GOD BLESS,and I,will pray for you,and your husband!!!!!
I had my tube tied and I had them tied four months ago and I can tell you I had a cyst on my ovarie and I got pregnant and lost the babys but there is a change
Viewing 601-684 comments: