Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
clomid and your cycle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

clomid and your cycle

question for the clomid club.....

my cycle has been 32 for the past 3 months on clomid 50mg.... last month, i was put on 100mg and im currently on cd34... so i was wondering if a higher dose of clomid can actually make the cycle longer.....

i haven't tested yet, im planning to do it later today... the reason im not excited is because i dont have any pms type pains and sore bbs just like everyone else is noticing when they get their BFP...
Clomid is known for not only helping ovulation but also delaying it. Once ovulation is late , cycle length will increase. Clomid cycles are longer than natural cycles.
I agree. Clomiod delays the cycle.  Many women are put on is because AF comes too early and Clomid makes it "hold off"
hey girl....i havent visited medhelp in a long time.... so glad to see you.....
really? hmmmmm

i really have to run to the store now and buy hpt
Hello all,

I used clomid 50mg the first time, then it was 30days and when i used 100mg also it was 30days. So, it didnt change the time for me.
You too!! REALLY hoping to post about a BFP sometime soon :)
I used clomid 25 for the first itme last cycle and I o'ed a couple of days later but my af came way too early. I didn't know what was up. I only had a 10 day luteal phase which is off for me. Any input on this?
thanks a lot for the info.....i actually read a little bit on the internet and one fertility site say that clomid can sometimes prolong the period but if af doesnt show up after cd35 and still bfn i should see my OB... so yeah, id probably either buy an hpt, wait for AF this weekend or see my OB on monday... whichever comes first lolz
my first round of 50mgs of clomid didn't work and had to take provera to start af..my second round worked and i o'd like on day 18 or 19..still got a bfn.. my third round was 100 mgs and i got a bfp.. but mc at 8 weeks.. i waited for af to come naturaly but she took 53 days to come the first time  after the mc we tried to conceive naturally but bfn.. i waited another 38 days for af to come then went back to see my re we started clomid 50mgs with that cycle and i got my bfp.. i'm currently 7 or 8 weeks pregnant i'm not really sure of my weeks because i think with the clomid i o'd late again something maybe like day 19 or 20.. ..hope this helps ... sticky baby dust..
I have been taking clomid for a few years now, I am now up to 200mg.  I do not get AF unless I take prometrium, my cycle length was 55 days last time and now I am on Day 5 of the new one, I wonder what the pattern is if I will 'O' between day 14 thru 19 or is it possible I wont 'O' until much later????

Please help.
hi,
i am due to start my first cycle of clomid in a few days. i have a 35 sh day cycle and my gyno wants me to take it day 2-6.  so when should i ovulate. i dont ever ovulate so i am not sure what days are accurate for me. i think its days 16-21..
when is the best time to have sex ? and how many times??
i really want this to work.
i am really suffering with pmt. i actually became physically violent at work.... it was a shock. am i going to become more of a monster???
thanks. i need all the help i can get.
Im in the same boat as you, i start my Clomid in 3 days but my situation is a little different. I am a very irregular person. i didnt have a period since Apr so my dr put me on BC pills. I started the pills on the 10th of Aug and missed a couple. I started to have break through bleeding which just wont go away. dr told me that when you miss just 1 pill it throws everything off. So what i dont understand is that im still bleeding, im on my first placebo pill, and im supposed to start the Clomid on day 3 of the placebo, but what if im still bleeding? when am i suppoed to have sex. I know this for sure, my dr. told me that you should have sex every other day when ovulating. Having sex everyday wont make a difference but lower the sperm count. She says they need a day to rest and resupply themselves. if that makes sense. So, i wouldnt know when i would ovulate or when to try either. Im just as lost as you. May God bless you soon with a little one.
i just started progesterone im on day four of that and already feel like crap lol kinda confused though cause on day 2 which was saturday of progesterone i got a clear positive on an opk now what the heck does that mean lol can progesterone all by itself make u ovulate or is it a false positive due to the med. and if i really did ovulate will that screw me up for when i take clomid in a few weeks? i dunno ne advice u have would be great.
Hi i am on 2nd round of clomid 50mg days 2-6 and my cycles are usually 28 days give or take a day either side.My period came day 28 last month so i guess clomid did not alter my cycle.The other thing is that it gives you pmt symptoms that are much like pregnancy symptoms.I had nausea,fatigue,and my breasts looked bigger than usual.But every woman is different so you can never really compare.
Does clomid lengthen the period? Mine use to last 5 days, now I'm going on 6. This is my first clomid cycle, days 2-6. Can it be taken with epo?