Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ectopic pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

ectopic pregnancy

i just went in for emergency surgery due to an ectopic pregnancy late sunday evening. i haven't had any real bleeding until today i have been noticing blood well i urinate and have passed quit a few pretty big blood clots. i am in a lot of pain and am very tired. i have four live children. was on birthcontrol so this pregnancy was a total surprise and in the same day i found out i was pregnate i had to make the decision to save myself and have the surgery to take my whold left tube. i am trying to deal with this and it is very hard for a loving mother of four already who has never had to make the decision to abort or give away a child. not sure how to deal with my feeling at this point i have found myself crying most of the day today. it is day three and very hard. so my question is should i be passing big blood clots, and how are people dealing with this emptyness it makes you feel.??
awe i feel ur pain yes its normal long as u dont have sudden change in pain bright bleeding or fever. i know the hurt u are feeling not many ppl understand it . i wanted to die rather than have them take my baby even though i knew it would die either way. a part of me died anyways. it was in june  that i love mine and my right tube i had been ttc for over a year i found out i was preg early and they watched my hcg level a few weeks it just wasnt coming up as fast as it should have. i had what they call a psuedo sac in my uterus so they didnt catch it in my tube until almost 8 weeks! then they forced me to take this metheltrexate shot oh god that was awlful. here take this shot to stop the cell production ...no take this shot to kill my baby i said to them. the nurse ticked me off calling my baby with a heart cells!! then she said there is a reason for everything...humph i see no good reason for a baby to die... sorry if im being to blunt i hope not to upset you i just hope for u to know ur not alone in ur feelings even though it seems you are ...it doesnt seem to get easier u just kind of live in spite of it all if that makes sense but i went on after taking the shot 10 days later i called i told them no bleeding yet i told them i said i still feel pregnant they said impossible..yeah right.. i did hcg it had went way up sure enough ultrasound confirmed baby had doubled in size!! they could not believe my tube had not ruptured or i wasnt in no pain they rushed me into surgery despite my protest because now i was struggling with awe my baby is still alive even after deadly shot wtf! soon as they touched my tube it ruptured they said i do have surgical pics and u can see the baby in the sac its so sad :( life really sux butt at times
I just had surgery for an ectopic on Friday.  It was a hard-fought for pregnancy after 5.5 years of trying and 4 IUI fertility treatments.  It was and still is devastating for me to have had to end a pregnancy I tried so long and hard to get.  I was 6 weeks and we found the embryo growing perfectly with a beating heart in my right tube.  It has been so, so hard to say good-bye knowing that that already much loved and so wanted little baby was alive.  There really are no words.

My physical recovery has thankfully been good.  I haven't had much pain.  I started bleeding on Tuesday and passed quite a few clots this morning.  I also lost my right tube, too, so thinking of having to start all over again with the fertility issues we already have now having been added to by this.

The Dr. said that clots are normal, unless they are really large (like golf ball size), and that unless I'm soaking through a pad an hour, the bleeding will be normal too.  I think the emotional recovery is going to be the hardest part.
im so so sorry honey there are no words to say no advise to give but im here to listen to you let it out...i am numb at times ..angry at others..devastated to say the least and sometimes hopeful and hopeless all within a few moments of each other... i wish no one had to go through this it looks like with all the advancments in the medical feild that they would be able to move a baby to the right spot i mean really think of all they do and they cant move a baby inside a sac to another spot a few inches down...its real hard to swallow maybe i sound dumb but i just wish they would at least try i mean what do they have to lose i told them i would have gladly been their guneia pig lol if there was any chance