heavy bleeding on 8th day after embryo transfer
Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm on my first ivf cycle. I had my embryo transfer on 17/10/12 and i've been taking the
progesterone. I'm on my 9th day now and wed evening i had spotting like brownish pink blood. then yesterday
(thusrday) morning still same then it turned to a heavy period. I spoke to my doctor and he said it should be a good sign that my period came it means that the embryo is starting implanting however he said my period came early
and its not due in 5 days. So he's not sure if it really works or not but to wait on my blood test this.coming monday.
I'm still bleeding a little bit right now but it's not heavy anymore. I'm now worried that it didn'T work coz  actually had heavy period. Also i tried home preg test and it came up as neg i know its too early but I just hate this feeling of wondering if its all good or not.
is there anyone had similar experience and still got pregnant despite having heavy period just before their blood test? also i have no symptoms of pregnancy right now except for cramps probably period pain only. Hoping someone cannhelp or give anlittle bit of advice.
I had a little bleeding on day 6 and 7 after transfer, maybe it's implantation bleeding??  I hate the 2ww!  It always has to be so brutal!  I hope you get news.  
Sorry have not got back been really upset did not work out .i have hope for the fet.I have 2frozen will do the end off dec.this time I won't be so sick .is there any thing that you no off that I should do thanks anything would be great
That's ok :). We all need to take a break now and then.  I don't have a lot of advice, just drink a lot of water, and be positive :). FYI, I did donor embryos, so my twins are from an fet :). Good luck, and keep us up to date through out the month to come :)
Wow! Your twins are from donor embrios? I'm using donor sperm and doing this on my own. Need to meet more people to talk about this. :)
Thank you and I will
Hi, i am new to this forum, i had 1 natural baby a long time ago then had 3 ectopics and 2 failed IVFs, i waited 5 years and decided to try another IVF we had 2 x 3 day embryos put in on 19/12/13 today is blood test day but i am very upset as i have had brown watery bleeding since last night... Sitting around waiting for the doctor to call, but have a bad feeling
I am sorry I am just seeing this.  Wanted to see how things turned out for you.  I am really hoping you received wonderful news!!
Hi Noona27,

What did you end up doing after this? I ask because the same exact thing happened to me and I don't know where to go from here
Hi. I am also new to this site. Just wondering if anyone has had a successful pregnancy after heavy bleeding 7dpt? I had 2x 3det on Jan 19 and only had slight cramping and tender boobs. On 7dpt I had very heavy bleeding with clots and it is still heavy today. Mr Dr. said to stay on the progesterone and estrogen until my blood test on Feb 4 but feels it probably didn't work. Any luck with other situations like this? Thanks
Hi, I am new too. I had ivf and had2 embryos transferred on the 22nd January. I had spotting for about just under two days, which I've heard could have been implantation bleeding. On Friday I had a quite heavy bleed from about 6am - 10am and then it went light again. I have completely stopped bleeding and had my blood test yesterday and waiting for the results which u should hopefully get tomorrow. Just want to know, have you had your blood test and Did you get positive results?

Good luck and thank you xxx
Hi what was your test? I just did ivf for the first time after doing 6 iui's in the last 2 years, I am on day 10 and bleeding its a weird bleeding, I am also injextion Crinone which is progrestrone, this is so frustrating it makes you want to give up
Hi there, I am new to this community. I had my ET on last Sunday and today is my 9th day and I had bleeding and I am going for my blood test on this Friday.

Is there anyone here got positive result after having heavy bleeding with clots..please help me..so stressed...

Thanks, PS
Hi there, I am new to this community. I had my ET on 3RD DAY  bleeding and 11th day , blood test is next 3days . Any chance.

Hello everyone Iam very new to this site but been reading your post and would sure love the support. Had my transfer 8 days ago one single embryo on day three. They retrieved 3 but my one blessing turned to a six so they decided to transfer they assured me it looked great! On day three I stated to feel some mild cramping through the night it continued for two days with light tan looking blood then stopped. Has this happen to any of you?? Does it seem normal??? Today is day 8 and I feel nothing!! Also taking vaginal inserts could this b all the cause? I just need some hope can't take the wait
I had embryo transfer on 7th may 2014 and was spotting 2-3 days later and yesterday and today bleeding quite heavy and its gone light now and also having cramps. I am 6 days after egg transfer i am getting blood when going to the toilet but hardly anything on my santitary pad. I test in 8 days. Does anyone have anything similar and got a positive result. My period is normally very heavy and I dont think its a period I don't know what to think.
This is my 5th transfer and my goodness it hasn't been easy , I starded bleeding just two days after transfer some brownish then turn to pink and then red and heavy now with clots....God have mercy on our souls cos this is not an easy task.hmmmm someone pls help me......
Any good news? Hope u do!
So I'm new to this site... I've read lots of posts but never commented.  I'm working on my first IVF cycle... from having 4 viable ovum's I ended up having only 3 harvested.  1 turned out to be too immature, 1 fertilized abnormally so they "discarded" that one, and only one little survivor fertilized and was ready for a 3d transfer. Needless to say I was crushed that my odds have dropped dramatically.  ET happened on Thursday May 22, by Saturday May 24th I was cramping.  I had cramps all week long with mild sharp pains from time to time.  I ended up getting my period that was a brown color on Friday May 30th, 8 days after my transfer.  It's a heavy flow, full blown period.  I've taken pregnancy test during the camping week and all turned out negative.  Now I have to go in to have blood drawn on Friday June 6th.  Needless to say I'm so disappointed, felt like I was set up for failure since my retrieval..  How do I come back from this? Only a huge miracle from God can make this turn into a BFP... Has anyone had this? Please help.
Am new here, today is my day 8 of the transfer.  I see very light brown blood on the pad, I don't know what this mean. ..I need help
I'm very curious about ivf so I've now read this whole post....I have 4 children, conceived naturally....but now my youngest is 3 and my husband and I have been wanting another. But we've tried for 8 cycles and nothing! This cycle I took clomid. But I'm getting negatives on hpt. Ivf is the next step I want to pursue ....I don't want my husband to loose faith in me. :(    but I have lots of questions....I'm in central Texas... where would I go? Is it just fertility clinics or are there other types of medical professionals too. What is the approx out of pocket cost and how quickly could I get started? Thank yall for the help.
It could be implantion bleeding. Did toy have a 3 day or a 5 day transfer?
Good day Dr, it's  5 day transfer.
It could be implantation.. I had 2 days of implantation bleeding day 6 and 7
Good luck!!!  When do you do your blood test??
Hello Dr, I did the test and it came low. My dr told me to come back on Monday. I feel very light, not like a pregnant woman.  Well I hope God help me.
I'm new to this site, but encouraging words help.  I had twin pregnancy 3 years ago and give birth at 24 weeks due to severe preeclampsia, and lost them NICU to infections after 2 wwk, have lots of frozen  left...Had transfer on 6/27 waiting for preg test on the 9th but getting all period like systoms..  I'm praying... Good luck to all who can't afford to give up
Hi im new to all this and going through ivf as a surrogate, I had a 3 day transfer on friday but im due my period on tuesday and I am quite confused to what is going to happen if I get my period is that a sign it has not worked. Thanks
Been reading through all the posts as I am currently 10 days post transfer (had transfer on 29th September) am supposed to be doing at home pregnancy test tomorrow morning first thing.  While at work today had major cramps come on very suddenly followed by period like bleeding :(
I'm trying to stay busy and just get through this evening so we can test in the morning but having been feeling so positive through this whole process today has really changed that! Not feeling so positive now, this feels like a period and all my symptoms I had been having (tender breasts, headaches, tiredness  and thirsty all the time etc) stopped yesterday so I think they may have been a side effect of my progesterone only? Still on my progesterone twice a day. I had a 5 day blastocyst transfer of two embryos, I've read that bleeding could be implantation but I think I'm past the days that should have happened...I've also read it could be one embryo miscarrying but who knows! Just waiting the night through for the test in the morning...
I had a 5dt, transferred 1AA quality egg and 1BB quality egg. Day 5 I had pinkish/brownish discharge, I called the doc they confirmed nothing to worry about. Day 6 lots of blood clots. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy even with heavy blood clots? I have my first beta tomorrow and Im feeling overwhelmed! How can I remain positive?  
Hello, I wander how are you doing now ? My period-like cramp and bleeding brings me to this site and reading more let me hold on to my hope. I am 11 day post transfer, can understand the wait seemed forever. Though I think everyone is different, besides sharing, the site provides us a platform to vent out Our stress and gain support
This is an old thread from 2012, so you many not get a lot of responses. Did you do a 3 day transfer?  Or a 5 day?  When is your beta?  
Wondering how your beta went? Hoping you got wonderful news!!!!
Hi, I'm day 9 after transfer. Started having light irregular bleeding day 8. It turned dark red and this morning there is a little more with gloopy clots.  I'm due my pt on weds and just so worried it's not working.  It's our first time and what an emotional roller coaster it is! Fingers crossed for just embryo implanting x
I didn't know if I should write in here or not but it seems it helps so:

1 did a day 3 transfer on the 8th feb. On the 18th á started to bleed heavily! And did for 4 days :( very stressed and sad as I was hoping it would work.

Did a blood test came back as an 8. The nurse told me to do another one a week later. To everyone's surprise it was 450. 2 days later ........ 850 hug.

They think it's ectopic due to the bleeding. A scan is to be done on the 10th.
How am I supposed to wait so long. Can't they see if it is now?

Just like you I bled ....a lot and still a positive.
Good luck. I hope you have good news.
What was your result?

You have a similar experience to what I had.

I would love to know how it went. Fingers crossed.

I'm about a week past embryo transfer and started to heavy bleed yesterday, I'm scared to do a test but am convinced it's gone, have you got any advice? It would be much appreciated.
I had 2 frozen 5 day blasts transfered on the 20th of March and a few days later had shooting pains and cramps localised on both sides and since every 12 or so hours I get them for roughly 10 to 15 minutes one side then the other, however today the 29th of March I have started bleeding it is a pink blood at the moment but I feel it is getting darker and the ache is getting worse but I still have the pulling pain on my left side. I honestly do not know what to think. I do know that after my last transfer I feel this will end the same way in a BFN..
Good luck to everyone who is in the TWW.
I found this site really helpful and everyone sharing their experiences and feelings is really amazing. I had my FET on last 23rd and my test is due on 3rd. Today i had some brown spotting and some burning feeling just like before my periods. It is really hard to be positive and relax as we are trying for a baby for years now. This is really frustrating and i can' t sit tight but there's  no help other than wait and see. Fingers xeD. And again thanks everyone, i know im not alone.
Dil 22
Hi! I am new to this website. I was so worried as I started bleeding a little bit today and tomorrow is my blood test. I am trying to stay positive but it is very hard as you can all imagine. I have also had bad back pain, nauseous and a burning sensation in my tummy. This is my first ivf cycle.
How did that turn out for you. I'm going through the same thing right now. My test is tomorrow.
Hi! I am new to this website. I was so worried as I started bleeding a little bit today and tomorrow is my blood test. I also had bad back pain, nauseous and burning sensation in my tummy. I am trying to stay positive but it is very hard as you can all imagine. This is my first ivf cycle.

I'm new too. This is also our first cycle.I had a 5 day blastocyst implanted on the 14th, things didn't go to plan and i had to go to theatre for the implantation procedure (due to a tight cervix). I noticed a little bit of blood on the end of my Crinone on the 19th, which has now become almost full-blown period-like bleeding, both bright and dark red. I'm still taking the Crinone and have my test on the 24th.... I did a hpt last night (whilst hubby wasn't home) which was very negative. Finding it difficult to stay positive for another 4 days until i do the test.
My heart goes out to you both.  A little bleeding can be a good sign...it could be implantation bleeding.  However, it shouldn't be like your period...when you need to change a pad every hour.

I had some bleeding the first 5 months, and my twin girls are now 13 months old.

I know that it's hard but try to think positive.

Good luck! :)
Congratulations!! I hope to have good neews too!
I am so sorry......
I am new also. I am currently I n my 2ww. The longest wait ever!!!! I transferred a 5d single embie. Today is 7dpt for me. I have experianced light spotting since transfer and yesterday morning had heavier bleeding (bright red in color and a small amount of brownish discharge). As positive as I have tried to remain, I couldn't help but break down yesterday morning. The bleeding stopped and it seemed as if my symptoms weren't as strong anymore. I did cheat. Started to take HPT's after day 5. They have all been negative so far. My reasoning to continue is so I can prepare myself if that is the final outcome. At this point I can't even stop myself from doing them if I tried. Really wish I listened to to my husband and waited till the bloodtest. My first blood test is this Friday. Even after all the pain from progesterone injections, symptoms, and emotions I'm hoping my lucky embie is inside of me handling business. I want to feel like it was all worth something. This is my first Ivf cycle, and I commend all of you ladies that have gone through this multiple times. I am barely making it, but you owe it to yourself to do this. It's so much and life changing. I hope that God can bless us all with positives. With happy healthy deliveries and children. The things we do as women and sacrifices we make takes some serious discipline. God sees that! Please stay hopeful and strong ladies.
I am also new.  This is my first IVV cycle, and I did the 5 day transfer on June 23rd. I started light bleeding on Tuesday the 30th, and since then have had a full period.  My doctor tells me that bleeding is not always a bad thing, and to go for my scheduled test tomorrow.  I don't feel pregnant anymore and I feel so discouraged. I have read all your stories and I am being a realistic and feel that it has failed.  My husband is telling me not to read and to keep hope alive, but this is my 3rd day of heavy bleeding.  It is hard for me to be positive.  I am already thinking of how much more money it will be to try again.  It took me so long to save for this even if Insurance is picking up the majority.  I feel like everything is against me.  I wish everyone well and I pray that God helps us understand and keep pushing forward and have beautiful blessings.    
I read your comments please I want to know how your blood test go before a am in the same situation as you now
I am from the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland.  We got a free go at IVF and I felt as though i have been on a conveyor belt, I had extreme pain after my egg collection and transfer, like severe cramping like I have never experienced in my life, went to the RE and they did a blood test said that I had an infection, never heard another thing about it.  Pain continued up until several days before my 2ww was to be over and then everything just stopped and my period came two days before I was due to take a home pregnancy test. Now they havent even bothered calling me to find out the result.  I havent bothered either. Very bad experience.
Hi all,
This is my first IVF cycle and i had one blast transfered on day 5.On 2dpt i had some dark brown discharge which got lighter and spotted on 3dpt.Now today 4dpt im bleeding red blood like my usual period.I am so worrried as i am still early in my 2ww and already loosing hope after everything! Im currently on 4 pesseries a day n the clinic said that they cannot do much as it is too early! This is very devastating. my period is due next week.I dont know what to think anymore and i dont want to convince myself that this is implantation bleeding because it looks so much like my period.Had anyone bleed early in their 2ww and what was the end result?
HI everyone, am new on this site too, I had my egg collection on 27th of sep 2015 and on d 29th I had my Et,  I made 8 eggs after retrival and the 8 were all grade A respectivelly and dey  all made it to 8cells, my doctor congratulated mi and gave mi 4embie and reseved the remaing 4,And on my 12th day I  started having cramps and den brown discharge and dis morning I noticed a brown /black blood, not heavy though but dont knw what to think, tomorrow monday is my  blood test, am being hopeful that God will give mi a goodnews tomorrow cos I dont want to go through dis though procedure and not have  good result. Can anyone tell mi if  dey ever have such experience cos this is my first ivf, tank you and I wish all of us grace of God.
Hi I take my test tomorrow but when I did my transfer I had maybe one or two eggs that made it to 8 but the rest were 6 and he told me that was bad and implanted 3 instead of 2. How did your results turn out?
Hello everyone, I'm 8 days after 3 day transfer,  have AF pains since 3 days,nervously checking if it arrived! promised not to POAS to not to "kill the dream" and just patiently wait for my beta on Monday...very nervous with those abdominal pains...
Hi, I had my ET on the 24th, 8 days ago. I had sharp pains on my right side yesterday, and today I'm spotting. Fearing the worst, I looked up this site. Now I'm hoping my 2 little embryos are still in there. Our other embryos didn't make it. If this doesn't work, we'll have to apply for another loan and do it all over again. My bloodwork begins on Tuesday. Please pray, somebody.
Hey ladies,I'm currently on day 11 of my 2ww, I started heavy bleeding today very scared and tearful, I called the clinic who said to carry on with the progesterone and still go for my blood test which is on Thursday but she also said that if it is a period I'm having its very unlikely that my little embie has made it, I feel so numb! Not very hopeful now! I still have 4 frozen embies to try again if it hasn't worked, is all so draining! I wish all you ladies luck with your goes x
How was the result?
I'm on my 12th day after a 3d 2 embrios transfer and had no spotting and no symptoms yet. My blood test is in 3 days and I don't know what to expect because the 2 times I got pregnant naturally I had very sore breasts and was peeing a lot very early,before I tested. I'm still hoping that no sign is a good sign. I lost the other 2 prenancies and I only have 1 embrio left. Please pray.
I have had a 3 day, 2 embrios transfered on 7th july 2016 and i have started heavy bleeding today. I am so upset that i have not stoped crying all day. I am 38 years old and this is our 1st IVF treatment. My test is on 20th july. Is there still any hope for me.
Day 11 after ET and I started bleeding heavily with mild cramps. Got bfn on hpt. I'm disheartened. Anyone had positive on blood test after such bleeding cramping and a negative on hpt?