Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how many days after embryo transfer will i get pregnancy symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 2801-3000 comments:
Your a very special person!!  That is wonderful what you are doing for that couple!!  That is great news!!  That is a high number could there be multiples??  
@ happysurro
Wow what I wonderful selfless gift you are providing,To give parents that option and letting be apart of the experience is amazing. Very good luck on your journey : )

@  hoping2BAmom

Have my fingers crossed for you embies today,all the best in joining the dreaded 2ww soon. Thank you for the congrats, my clinic isn't doing another beta for a week which at first I found strange. But gives me more time to enjoy the moment rather than stressing about numbers: )

@ Jessica BP

I know that feeling had it a couple of months ago, I just couldn't see the point of the progesterone. I went into a massive emotional dump, but still continued with the meds. My heart goes out to you at the moment. Try and relax this weekend. Say strong.
Hello, im new to this site and it feels good that om not alone, I had 3dt 3embies 5days ago and I dont feel anthing yet is that ok> I go for my blood draw 6/30
Hello welcome to the site.

I know that everyone is different, But I didn't really feel anything except a dull backache. I have to admit I'm still not feeling any traditional symptoms even now. so just try to stay positive and get lots of rest.  
Good Morning all.

day 2 after 3 day transfer. feeling pretty good besides the dull back ache.
im working from home today, lets see how much how i can get done :)

@Happysurro, congratsulations oon the BFP, it sounds like you should be having twins. How many embies did u have implanted?

@mommy0000 , welcome! this is a great forum and you will find great support and advice. i wish you the best of luck.

@wishful11 and Hoping2beaMom, thank you so much, im soo glad for the 2 embies too! Wishful11 yes we will be in the 2ww together. Very exciting rollercoaster again :D

@Juana, havent heard from you for a couple of days, how are you, what are you up2? Miss you.

BFP's for all :D

JeasicaBP.      27 June 2011 2 embies on 6/12/11
Simran2011.    28 June 2011
Hayley85.        4 July 2011 2 embies
Hoping2bamom.  5 July 2011 (ET 25 June 2011)

Congrats to those with BFP and good luck to those in tww! Seems things have really picked up here. I can't wait to see more BFPs and good news.

Juana - keep us updated. I know the process takes a while but I am hoping you get the perfect child(ren) for you and hubby!

Haley - did RE change protocol this time or did you use same as previous? What did you use?

As for me - I am about to start a new protocol so wayyyy behind you ladies but I pray IVF #2 is the charm for me as not sure I can handle finances to do this again. My best to all! Hang in there April girls who are in round two as well!!

Baby dust!
Hepburntj         BFP :)
Simran2011.    28 June 2011
Hayley85.        4 July 2011

hi there

yes this tim doctor put me on the short (antagonist) protocol, which for me is muchhhhhhh better, its much shorter and less drugs. i felt good through out this cycle and didnt feel tried or sick.

the first 10 days approx i was just on puregon injections, and within 5 days from starting puregon i started another injection called olgaluron which i believe stops the eggs from being released. Then   i went in for ER monday this week and yesterday was embies transfer.

the whole process was much more stress free and i recommend it for anyone going through IVF.

what protocol will you be on?
Hi:-)
I'm still here, watching and smiling...

hepburtnj and alma: Congratulations! So happy for you:-))))
Keep us updated!

dancingmama: I will keep you updated, but so far nothing interesting is going on, just paperwork;-)

hayley: I'm here, girl! Even if I don't share;-)
I want to be finished with the papers soon, so I'm busy - but this is actually good for me:-)

xoxoxoxo for everybody, keep up the good work!:-)))
I'm so sorry... if you want to talk I'm (we are) here. Please, be strong!
I am on a long protocol. The doc calls it agonist-antagonist. First is the birthcontrol and then overlap the last 5 days with lupron. Then when AF starts you get a baseline ultra sound and bloodwork. Then switch from lupron to ganirelix and start Follistim. Then I stay on the Follistim and ganirelix until ER. Oh before starting the Follistim there are two injections of Estrogen a few days apart. I think we felt that I was over suppressed before and hopefully this will get me a few more mature eggs to work with. Last time I had 12 retrieved but only 7 mature. All seven fertilized but I only had 2 x celled embies transfered. Of course you know the result :(
Anybody else do a similar protocol?
I really hope we all can become moms real soon!!

@ Juana. Good to hear from you. Take all the time ypu need. Stay busy. I am busy at work and actually am glad because it keeps me from losing my mind!!  

Baby dust all!
Hey everyone
Still  feeling up one minute and down the next but so far so good :)
Hehe I feel sorry for my hubby dearest cause he's the only one who I show my down face to....after keeping a smile on my face all day I've had it by the end of the day when he comes home....
Last night I was sitting at the dinner table and was hungry but everything in front of me was just putting me off so I started crying for a bit....poor him he was so bewildered...I was smiling again after 5 minutes...

@happysuro it's absolutely amazing what u r doing!!!! It takes a very strong person to be Ble to do this so hats of to u!!!!

@ hayley85 hope u r taking it easy....pls take care of urself...

Hope everyone is in the best of health....praying for BFP'S  for all
Fx

Also my doc has told me to get beta on Sunday along with the hormone levels... So I'm updating the date on the list..

Hepburntj         BFP :)
Simran2011.     26 June 2011
Hayley85.        4 July 2011

Hey
I couldn't resist so did an hot today
Today is 7 dp5 dt
It was BFN
Hoping it's too early for it to show....maybe it will be different in the blood test
:(
Hanging on by a thread
Hi Ladies, i have a question, yesterday i had my embies transfer and i have been taking these antiobiotics that the clinic gave me to take just before the ER. i have been taking the tablets oncde twice a day...im still continuing to take it... i was about to take one just now and my husband told me not to and reminded me i shouldnt be taking anything especially antibiotics when i have had the transfere. im a bit worried now.. no one has advised me to stop taking them... only the sticker on the atibiotic said to continue untill finished.
is anyone taking some sort of antibiotics during this 2ww after the embie transfer?
Hi There

i think itmay be a bit early to test... dont stres.. i wish u the best of luck.. :)
Hey
I was taking antibiotics since day before my ER but my clinic told me to stop them after 5 days so I stopped taking them  a day before my transfer....
U should call ur clinic and check I'm sure they would have told u to stop if it was an issue...
If you are worried, try ringing king eddies or do concept have an after hours number.
With antibiotics you usually have to finish the course.
I would imagine that they would have advised you on the day if they wanted to stop them.

thanks ladies i would have remembered if they told me to stop taking them. anyways i wont take one tonight and will call them in the morning. i hope that wont ruin anything.
how are u feeling? hope all is going well? :)
A big welsome to mommy0000 and hapyysurro!! This is an awesome forum with the most wonderful women!  

Happysurro...what a wonderful and amazing thing you are doing!  That is truly a wonderful blessing for the baby's mom!  And a huge congratulations on the BFP!

Simran...I'm with Hayley, I think it was too early to test a and would not give up hope yet!

Juana...it's so good to hear from you and know that things are going well.  Keep us updated.  You're in my prayers.

I heard from the embryologist yesterday and all 10 embies are still alive!  They rate them on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being the highest quality.  I have (3) grade 1s, (2) grade 2s, (2) grade 3s, and (3) grade 4s.  We only had 2 embryos total in our first cycle and they were both grade 2s, so this is a huge improvement for us.  

My transfer is still set for tomorrow morning and they are transferring 2 of the grade1s.  They said there is a 30% chance the others will make it to freeze, so we are praying a lot.  They said they'll have a better idea tomorrow how many will make it to freeze.    

So glad everyone seems to be doing well!  

Hi dancingmama,

I am happy to see that you start again. My doctor used the same protocol with my donor and was really good, 8 mature eggs for each couple.

Here everything is good. Yesterday i had another u/s and the baby is like a fish in the water, was moving all the time.
I wish the second time is the good one for you.

ps: if you still have to come to sonome let me know, i would like to know you
Thanks so much hun. Good to see you are doing well. I hope to make it up soon. Maybe mid July!?

Seeing your baby moving has to make you feel so good!
Great embie report!
Did you do anything differently this time?
Hello everyone, I am 11dpt ( 2 embryos on day 3) I am looking for some opinions. You all are so positive and friendly here! I have no symptoms really atm.  The first week after transfer I had sore breasts and felt really tired but I figured it was just the progesterone.  I am still taking the progesterone but my symptoms are gone :(  Last night I also had some bright red spotting which stopped soon after.  No more spotting now but I caved and did an hpt this morning ~BFN :(  My beta is Monday the 27th June.  What do you ladies think?
Thanks so much.  Now all that has to happen is the two little embies they transfer tomorrow have to implant!!  LOL

We actually did a few things different this cycle.  I switched REs to one that has a better record with women over 35 and has a lot more experience than my first one.  The first RE used Follistim (stim med) and Ganirelix (ovulation suppresent).  He kept going up and down on the Follistim dosage, wich we believed caused uneven growth of the eggs making one far more dominant than the others.  The kept putting off the ER trying to get the other eggs to catch up with the dominant one.  In the end we only got 9 eggs, 4 of which were mature and only 2 fertilized.

The new RE put me on Lupron (ovulation suppresent) and then added both Menopur and Follistim to stimulate growth.  He started out with the Follistim dosage high and gradually decreased it as the eggs grew and it got cloer to the ER.  The eggs grew at a much more even rate this time with not one dominant.  He also did the ER as soon as 4 were showing mature on the U/S.  

@waiting_for_our_miracle...Welcome!  I wouldn't give up hope yet.  If the embryo(s) just implanted that could be what the spotting was from and it might be too soon for it to show up on the HPT.  Hang in there!  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Thank-you for your encouragement and your prayers :)  I will be praying for you as well for your transfer tomorrow. I read the results of your ER that you posted on your profile.  Looks really promising :) Sending you lots of sticky dust!!

Sorry I clicked on the wrong name the firs time I posted this...
hey there, hope your phonecall this morning puts your mind to rest

I was doing good, but dh got flu then my little boy and i have just woke up feeling terrible, really sore throat and coughing so bad. So the next couple of days will be interesting. O ther than that still waiting to feel pregnant.

fingers crossed for the girls doing a beta this weekend.

@ hopingtobeamom great news about your embies . will be thinking of you.
Hi, not sure if anyone remembers me......I haven't posted in awhile though I've been reading everyones threads every day.  My 2nd IVF ended in a BFN and I've been totally crushed since.  After the 1st one ended in a chemical pregnancy I really thought the 2nd one would work for sure.  I haven't gotten a BFP (with IUI's using donor sperm) in over a year when I lost the baby at 10 weeks so my dr was thrilled after IVF #1.  My insurance will only pay for 1 more IVF and my body is not producing as many eggs as it used to (because I've been using fertility drugs for 2 years).  This will be my last attempt and then I have my dream of having one of my own will be over.  My husband wants us to adopt and not do round 3 but in my heart I know I will always wonder what would have happened if I didn't do it....so I'm waiting for my period to start so we can start again (which should be any day).
Please pray for me to stay positive!!

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten their BFP and good luck to all in their 2ww!

Linda
Hi there that's bit good.  Get heaps and heaps of rest this weekend.  Also a warm honey lemon and finger drink in warm water does wonders for the throat.  Best of luck.

I just called concept ans they told me its perfectly safe to continue taking the antibiotics.  Which I'm relieved.

Last night I had the most beautiful dream.  I had a beautiful girl and I was giving a bath abs dressing her. Beautiful feeling :) I hope my dreams come true and I everyones dreams here come true also.

My wedding anniversary is July 15. My husband and I keep saying what a wonderful gift would this be on our anniversary.  

Baby dust to all xxx
Oops so sorry I meant that's not good about the sore throat and I meant a nice lemon and GINGER drink not finger drink.

So sorry Im using my phone
I remember you :-)
They say the third time is the charm, so brace yourself!:-)
I will be praying for you.
On the other hand adoption is not so bad; I got used to the thought that I will have children who don't have my genes and blood. Just want to be a mommy!:-)

Take care!
Good luck to everybody who's having transfer, got transfer or waiting for beta!!!!
Lots of baby dust and a lot of optimism, joy and serenity :-))))!
Hi Hayley,

I am praying for you and the others who are in the 2ww for BFP's this time around.  I hope you and your hubby will have lots to celebrate on your anniversary!  My hubby and I have the same anniversary, July 15th!  We are celebrating 5 years this July.  In fact, because we always vacation on our anniversary it may force us to push back the FET one more month depending on when AF comes in July.  I'm getting really excited to try again now that there is so much more activity on this forum.
Hi there

Yes I must admit even after a failed cycle I felt excited to do another. Never give up hope.  I wish u the very best of luck.
This is my 4 th year anniversary also and each year we normally travel and almost always we are always on the plane on the 15 th exactly.

I'm hoping and Praying for BFP for all. This is such a wonderful forum and can't imagine going through IVF without this support and love from this forum.

I wish u the very best of luck and try to take it easy. :)
Hey
Hayley it's good to hear that ur clinic is ok about the antibioticcs...I can understand how worried u must have been ...we all try our best that we shouldn't eat or drink anything wrong.....u must be soo relaxed now...tc of urself

Hoping2 BAmom I wish u best of luck for ur transfer..hope u get sticky embies :)

Hepburntj.  Pls take care of urself and rest drink warm milk with honey in it...hope u feel better soon

Waiting-for- our-miracle ..welcome ....try and not to worry I was reading an article yesterday which said that only 30 percent of tests can be accurate in the early days of pregnancy and most r not sensitive enough to get a proper reading before 5 weeks of pregnancy...so hang on...u still have a chance...

To all i hope everyone has BFP's
Baby dust and best wishes to all
Fx
I probably won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about tomorrow...;)
hi there

i wish you the best of luck for tomorrow's test.. try to take it easy.  ill pray for ur BFP.
did u have any symptoms throught this 2ww?

i have been feeling a bit of period like cramping for the past few hours and feeling abit queasy. i hope thats a good sigood luck for tomorrow. xx
Thank you! I know how difficult things have been for you too! I'm happy for you and your husband about your decision to adopt. We have spent so much money ttc since my previous insurance didnt pay for anything that the idea of adopting if this 3rd cycle doesn't work scares me.  Some people say it's only money but we have a mortgage and lots of credit card debt.  I keep praying that I continue to get a sign of what we were meant to do. Until then I'm trying to stay positive and believe with all my heart that this next cycle will work.

Hoping2BAmom:  Best of luck to you! I know how hard this has been on all of us.

Hayley: Hi good luck on your transfer of 2 eggs......I was bummed for you that your clinic has such tight restrictions. In NY they don't but unfortunately I haven't been producing enough eggs to transfer.  Last cycle they retrieved 2 and one fertilized so it was transferred.  My 1st cycle 4 were retrieved and 2 fertilized and were transferred....my ovaries are starting to fail me!
Hi all! Today my wife had 2 blastocysts transferred, in our 1st IVF attempt. We've been reading a lot about your stories, and I would love to be in your prayers.
Wish you all the very best!!
I definitely remember you and it's so good to hear from you!  I'm so sorry about your BFN on attempt #2.  I agree about giving it one more time before considering adopting.  Our insurance will pay for three attempts also, so if theis second one doesn't work, we'll probably try one more time and then that will be it.  I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Lord knows I know how you feel.

@Waiting4ourbaby...welcome to the site!  I also had two blast transferred today too.  I'll keep you and your wife in my prayers that you get your BFP.

Everyone
Had my transfer this morning.  They transferred two blast and everything went very smoothly.  Now I have to wait for July 5 (beta test).  One of the remaining embies has already turned into a blast as well, and two others look like they will as well.  The other 5 embies (the 3s and 4s) have all stopped growing.  I kind of figured that was going to happen with them, so I'm not upset about it.  Just hoping the remaining three will be able to be frozen,  I'm trying so hard to stay positive, but occassionally I start to remember the BFN from attempt #1 and think, "OMG what if this one ends the same way."  I know I have to stop focusing on that (DH reminds me of that frequently...lol).  So I'm either sleeping and or wathcing happy movies today!!  

Wishing SSBD to everyone and will be keeping all of you in my prayers.
Think happy thoughts!!! I'll be praying for you! I watched lots of funny movies after my transfer too...it def helps.  Still no AF yet so I have to wait to start again plus I have 2 more days until summer vacation so I'll be able to not stress as much as I do during the school year.

Take care,
Linda
I had my transfer on the 17th June 2011 my test is on the 29th June the waiting is killing me. Before this transfer I lost twins a boy and a girl in November last year I went into labor at 6 months. It was hard for us, but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and I hope you get a positive PT best of luck to you.
@Hoping2BAMom
What a coincidence!! July 5 is also our test day.
All the very best!!!!
Hey every
Well vie gone and given my blood test ....I should know my test result in a couple of hours...hoping for the best
Pls remember me in ur prayers

@hoping2BAMom congratulations on ur transfer...tc of urself and rest

Baby dust to all
Fx
I'm thinking og you right now abs praying for ur BFP.  I hve a good feeling. Take care and try to occupy ur self for the next 2 hours xx
Ladies please update the blood test dates and please also include the number of embies u had transferred.

Best of luck all xx
New to this site, we had 3day tranfer on the 21st still no symtoms (symptoms) so I am trying to stay calm but it is so difficult...Good luck to all

Wannabemom
BFN
Im so sorry :(:( i dont know what to say. please dont give up.
I am so sorry to read your post,  
Thinking of you and your dh,  

Ladies is day 5 after a 3 day transfer too early to do a pregnancy test?
I am so sorry!  I know the pain you are feeling...we all do! Pray for strength and clarity.  I'll be thinking of you!

Hayley: Yeah I think its too soon to test.  I know the waiting is very difficult but if you test negative becasue its too soon it will mess with your head.  Be strong and try to wait!

Linda
Hi ladies,
   I am new to this and you all seem like a great group. I am 37 and we just did our first round of IVF with DE. We did the ET on Friday June 24, we had a 9 cell and a 7 cell transferred. I am excited but precarious to. We have been trying for nearly 3 years and have done many rounds of Clomid(up to 250 mgs) and nothing came of it. 2 rounds of IUI and then we decided to quit trying, 4 months later we had a spontaneous pregnancy with it never developing. Had to have a D&C in January, this is when we decided to change RE's and they found I had scar tissue in my uterus that blocked my left side completely and my neither of my ovaries could be seen, hence the reason for DE.
     I just wanted to join a group of ladies that was going through the same situation as I was. Glad to become a part of your group. Starting my 2WW testing on July 7.  Baby Dust to All.  
Simran....I am so so very sorry.  Like maestrapenn said we have all been there and understand your pain and loss.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hayley...I agree with maestrapenn, I think it's too early and it will mess with your head if you get a negative.  As hard as it is this time, I'm not going to do an HPT test before the beta.  I did last time and got a BFN and it was too devastating.  I feel like if I don't do any HPTs then I can happily believe I'm pregnant until I get the news from the beta.

beachdream73...A big welcome to the group!!  I'll be praying for you to get a BFP!  When's your beta test?  Mine's July 5.
Updated test dates and # of embies transferred.

Hoping2bamom - July 5 (5dt of 2 blast)
Hi, I have been reading all the post, it is nice to see everyone sharing their experiences, it truly is a big help- I am 43 years old and had 5 embryo's tranferred last Dec and I had an Ectopic pregnancy - we were lucky to have 3 frozen and I have my blood test tomorrow, so nervous and excited - today I had felt nauseous for about an hour but thankfully it has passed.  I am trying not to look to much into it - but I am hoping for the best
Good Luck to all of You
LindaMarie
Welcome!!  That's so exciting and nervous too.  I'll be praying for you to have a BFP tomorrow!!
Welcome! I also have my beta pregnancy test tomorrow. Lots of baby dust and I hope we both have BFP's tomorrow :)

Thank-you Simran2011.  I had a big drop in bbt temp yesterday so I thought it was over and Af would start today but nothing. Today my bbt was back up by .6.. I read that the progesterone sups delay Af so only the beta tomorrow will reveal the truth.  

Good luck everyone!
I am so sorry you lost your twins at 6 months :(  {{hugs}}
I miscarried at 9 1/2 weeks and I was heartbroken.  I can only imagine how devastaed your were to be pregnant for that long and lose them.  so sad.  I am praying that you get a BFP on the 29th June and that you have a healthy pregnancy!
hi ladies

good luck to all those testing this week. im praying for BFP for all :)

has anyone in this 2ww had period like cramping and twinges in the stomach?? i have on and off, very light though.
Liking the sound of your symptoms, First with the backache now twinges in the uterus. I don't know why but have a good feeling on this one.

I had the dull backache that was my only symptom. But on my first ivf cycle when I fell pregnant with Oscar I had the light cramps down below. So I will be crossing my fingers for you. remember not to test with a hpt to early. If neg it will put you in a bad place mentally. They reckon 11 day post implant with 3 day embies, Stay strong : )

Good luck with all the ladies that have now joined the 2ww.

I am so sick at the moment. true flu symptoms now. Really worried about my next beta on thurs. Hoping that all these raging tempertures won't affect jellybean. Doing the honey and lemon plus had to have the panadol.

Hi There

i had the same symptoms in my last cycle but that ended in a chemical pregnancy.. each time i go to the toilet i wish i would see implantation spotting, but no nothing. and i know this is silly i did test today and off course too early, negative.. im not worried about that, i  know its too early.

im keeping as positive as i can, but sometimes i think that it wont happen this time.. shouldnt be thinking that way.

lately, my hubby and I have been thinking of something and literally seeing it right before our eyes. 2 weeks ago my hubby dreamt of planting an apple tree and there were 2 beautiful apples on the tree, next day we went to buy an apple tree and i swear everywhere  we look, every house and every plant nursery we saw many apple tress.

also, near hour house we usually see a wild rabbit at night, but we havent seen it for moths now last night we were driving out of our house and saw not one but 3 wild rabbits and they just stood there and didnt move for 5 minutes.. i keep thinking this is a sign, because this is our 3rd IVF cycle, we had 2 embies implantedd and doctor said i have a chance of them spliting and becoming triplets.. so its a a bit strange lately.

sorry to bore you with my story.

try to rest..you know something that is great for your flu, but isnt pleasant to eat, is Garlic. I know it sounds disgusting but you should swallow a whole clove with water much better and safer than antibiotics.

good luck :)
I am a big one on signs and omens, I love your story. This fet was based on omens for me, The fact that they defrosted my embie on the 13 to me was  a great omen, that the blood test was on the day I had my eggs retrieved 2 years ago was a massive omen.

As for implantation bleed I had nothing at all. I spotted the last two times with ended up in a big fat neg...

So dont be concerned about lack of implatation bleed, I didn't get anything.

Are you still being tested on the 4 july. I like that day.

take care . I will try the garlic
thanks for that, yes im a big believer of signs, its gives me hope i guess, and also lately i have seen many shooting starts around my house, and yes i have wished a upon a shooting star :D

yes my blood test is July the 4th. My mums birthday is July the 3rd (having a big family dinner the night before the test) hopefully this will keep me occupied for a few hours.

i wish we and all the woman trying in this world to get what they want, to have beautiful babies and be happy like the rest of the fertile women out there :D
MY first faint positive was 6dpt3dt it showed very faint and in the past days it has gotten darker and darker. By day 8 it showed positive in less than 1 min. Remember that all embies dont implant early or at the same time. Yes I have had cramps and twinges.
Today I go for my beta and I am a little scared because this is my fith time around. However we must stay positive and think about our little ones growing!!!
I always poas because I feel better knowing before the beta and the results dont come as quite a shock.
I do think you can poas at this point and if it is BFN dont worry. There is still time to show a positive:)

We transfered 4 embies and my beta today will give me an idea if more than one implanted. If it is a really high number the chance of being more than one is really good.

For eveyone taking there betas today GOOD LUCK and I hope to see all of those positive postings!!!!!
thanks alma

best of luck on ur test today. when do u get your results?
yes i wasnt concerned by todays test because i know its a bit early. will try again in a couple of days perhaps.
it sounds like u will get that BFP :) since u had a few positive hpt. very exciting.
the fact that u got a faint positive onnly 5dp3dt sounds like you could be having more than one.

sorry to sound abit ignorant but what does poas mean?

i wish u the best of luck and pray for your BFP today xx
Alma - good luck with the beta...good luck to everyone else testing...

Baby dust all!
Thanks for all ur kind words
I'm actually quite ok....going into this I had promised myself that even if I get a BFN I would  stay strong and I'm glad that to say I'm fine and I haven't broken down at all....I feel that I gave it my all but if wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be ....:)

Good luck to all of u who r in the 2 ww
Hope u all get ur BFP'S

@ hayley....pls don't test this early for 3 dr I would advise u to wait for at least 11 days...

Baby dust to all
Hi simran

im glad to hear ur ok. the most important thing is to stay strong and never give up.

i know i tested too early today,, so i will wait a few days before i test again. thanks for the advice.

best of luck :)
Hi again you all!

I am very sorry for the BFNs some you had. I still don't know first hand how it feels, and I hope I never do. But I can start to imagine how terrible it must be.
@Simran2011: I am happy to read that you are taking it with ease. Keep it up!

It's been only 2 days since the blast transfer, and we still have 8 days till the beta test, but my wife is already super nervous and anxious. I don't know what to do. What do you advice? My mother-in-law is staying with us for a few days, so that helps a lot!

Keep praying for us. Thank you!!
Best wishes to all of you!
hello there, welcome to the site. Nice to see a hubby on the site.
Doesn't matter how mentally prepared and positive that you are through a cycle, as soon as those little embies get implanted you mind just goes crazy. You are hoping for the smallest signs. You have a massive surge of hope within you, shadowed by that awful feeling what if this doesn't work. Very conflicting time for couples.

My hubby was trying so hard not to be positive or negative on the whole thing. So I would be saying little signs that I was picking up, he just was trying to protect himself. He had also been through to failed fet cycles, watching me getting my hopes up, then dumping.

I know that it is difficult but I do feel being relaxed and staying positive is helpful.

The 2ww is a very anxious time, I think there more ivf forums on this than anything else, cause no more medical intervention just you, your partner and god.

Very good luck on this journey I pray that it is positive one for you : )
very good luck on your beta
Thank for all of the support that this forum gives me and my husband...

Hayley85:::: POAS means pee on a stick........   sounds a little funnny I know.. Keep the faith and all will be well.

Dancingmomma:::: Thank you and I will have my results of the beta 2 hrs. after blood draw.
I have my blood drawn at 9 am.. I am very optamistic this time.

None of us here asked for infertility but all of us here are living with infertility and all of those with BFP are wining the battle. Those with BFN are still fighting the war but one thing for shure were all in it together. People that dont have problems like we do dont understand. Here I have friends in all of you and your help is wonderful!!!!!!
@alma0988...I'll be thinking about you today hoping you get your BFP!!

I am having some mild cramping and lower back pain today, which I'm hoping is a good sign.  I'm also very tired and still have sore breast, I thought both of these symptoms were related to the trigger shot, but it has been 9 days since I gave myself the trigger shot (6/18).  At this point, could these symptoms be early pregnancy symptoms or am I just wishful thinking?  I remember the embryologist telling us on Sat when we had the transfer that one of the blast that was transferred was getting close to hatching, could they be implanting this early??  I'm sorry for all the questions and rambling, but my mind is so busy thinking about all this at one time...lol.

I had all of these symptoms plus some spotting with the first IVF attempt and it ended in a BFN, so it's hard to trust that any of the symptoms I'm having are real.  
Good Luck today....fingers and toes crossed!

Hoping2BAmom:  Implantation can occur anywhere from 6-10 days after.  If one was ready to hatch it is possible thats what youre feeling.  I know the waiting and the speculating is killer so try to keep busy and watch lots of funny movies to put your mind at ease.

Hayley:  I'm a big believer in signs too.  Keep yourself open to seeing them.

Only 1 more day of teaching for me then it's summer vacation!  I don't know who is more excited about that me or my students!!  looking forward to taking it easy and starting this next cycle....still waiting.

Have a good day all...........
Good Luck..on your BETA test today...im Sure it will be a BFP!!  I keep refreshing my screen to see if there are any updates about you..im so excited!!
I have to laugh at you almost being out for summer vacation and wondering who was more excited.  I taught for special ed for 8 years and I definitely think we teachers were more excited!  We just hid it better from the kids..LOL.  I know how excited you must be.  I really miss summers off!!
My test is actually 2 days after yours on July 7th. They told me to take bed rest for 2 days after transfer, I am so not used to just laying around and having my husband wait on me hand and foot.

Praying that all goes well for everyone.
Hi ladies.  Well I'm taking my trigger shot tonight and I have a scheduled retrieval for wed. morning.  I'm a little nervous.  I hate being in a hospital and being put under!  I'm also nervous because I'm so afraid of what will happen.  I was so upset when my first ivf failed (chemical pregnancy).  I'm trying to think positive and take one day at a time.  It's funny I see some of you that test during your 2ww.  I can't even do that.  I am so nervous to see BFN that I just cant do it!  We'll see what happens.

hayley - How are you doing?  I've been thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.  Hope all is well.

alma0988 - Good luck today.  You are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful retireval on Wednesday.  I'm with you on the tesing during the 2WW.  I just can't do it.  I did that during my first IVF and kept getting BFN and it just broke my heart.  I can't go through that again, so this time around, I'm going to just wait for the beta on July 5.    
Hello ladies.  I had my beta early this morning and I'm waiting for the nurse to call with the result.  This has got to be the longest day ever!! I just caught myself grinding my teeth and I normally only do that when I am havring a nightmare....
Anyway should I post wheather I get a BFP or not? I should be getting a phone call soon.  
Well, I am back from out of town...
While on the drive home yesterday, AF showed up...
I had stopped taking my progestrone shot and knew that if I wasn't pregnant, then she would show up.  Took her a couple of days, but she finally made her apperance.

I called my dr today to cancel my blood test and they still want me to come in, gave me some terrible story of a woman who called to cancel her blood test because she started her period and ended up in the ER a couple of weeks later with a pregnancy in her cervix and was bleeding all over the place.

Oh well, I guess I will go in for one last blood test...
Don't think we will be doing IVF anymore due to lack of finances.  Maybe use a tax return sometime, but I don't know.  At least I have my three children from my first marriage.  I just feel bad for my husband and his family that he could not have a natural child of his own. God has a plan I am sure and I put my faith in Him.
Hey
I know exactly what u mean...my beta was done on 9 dp5dt.  The result was negative...my clinic wants me to continue taking meds and repeat the test on  Wednesday 12dp5dt....
I see absolutely no point in doing that as my beta was 0.5 ....I have stopped the meds and am wondering what to do about wednesday....
Hey
Pls let us know ur result
Best of luck
Hey
Best of luck
Hoping to hear ur BFP!!!!
Best of luck
The nurse just phoned...BFN :(
I had kind of prepared myself for it because all my symptoms (the sore breasts, sleepiness, bloating and twinges in my uterus) stopped 4 days ago and I had some spotting which was late for implantation spotting.  I am not sure if we will be doing IVF again.  For the next few months just plan to enjoy the summer without any injections.  I am going to have a mudslide on my birthday next month.  I havent had one of those for over a year!
Praying for all you ladies to get your BFP!  take care xx
I'm so so sorry to hear your news.  I know a lot of us here, myself included, know how you feel and have bene there before.  I think your plan to take some time off from all of the IVF and fertility treatments is a good one.  it will give your body and more importantly your mind a much needed rest.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

@JessicaBP...wow that's one way of scaring you into coming in for the beta test.  I would have felt the same way you did and thought what the heck's the point.
Hoping - you will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.  I will probably be doing my ER early next week.  Have you been having any symptoms?  Sending you positive vibes!!!!!

waiting for our miracle - I am so sorry! =(  It's such a difficult phone call to receive!  Enjoy your summer and give yourself time to think and plan out what you want to do.
Been away for a few days, but have just spent time catching up on all of your stories. I'm so sorry for those of you that received BFNs, I so admire your strength and courage. Perhaps these things happen to prepare you for something even more wonderful in the future. I don't know. I just know that I find you inspiring and so admirable and wish the very best for all of you.

For those that are waiting, it can definitely be torturous. Every twinge, every ache - is it a sign of something? Something good? Something bad? I try not to get too hopeful and conversely, not to be a Negative Nelly. :) Maintaining a realistic perspective is quite hard at times!! I'm thinking good thoughts for all of us and hoping for the best!

As for me, went in for my second beta this morning. Beta #1 was 339, so very curious to see what beta #2 will be now that it is 4 days later. 2 embies transferred. Was very interesting, the day I got my BFP (last Friday), The View was a special on surrogacy. I quickly texted the mother of these 2 precious embies and we "watched" it together (via text). Such an exciting time for us that I hope continues......

Luck to you all!
Beta #1 (6/23) - 339
Beta #2 (6/27) - 2819

Sonogram scheduled for 7/15.

Let the waiting begin.
Thanks so much!  I'll be praying for a smooth ER with lots of mature, fertilizable eggs.

As for symptoms, my breast have been sore, I'm really tired, and today I started ahving some mild cramps.  The breast soreness and tiredness I've had since before the ET on Sat, so I think they could be left over from the trigger shot.  The cramping was new today.  I'm going to take as a good sign that maybe my little beans are burrowing in for a long stay:-)  Trying to think positive!

Happysurro...Great beta numbers.  That is a huge jump in the beta numbers.  Could you have twins??
The parents opted to transfer 2 embryos, one was at blast stage and the second was nearly there. We're crossing our fingers!

I feel so grateful they picked me, I'm so excited - I truly hope this will be such a learning experience for my own children (ages 15, 13 and 11). They were all so little when each other was born, I think - especially with 2 boys in puberty! - this will be immensely beneficial (now the phrase, "do you know how lucky you are to be here?" may actually have some meaning!). Mostly, I want them to know what it means to help genuine, good-hearted people that haven't been as lucky as we were. I'm making the family a scrapbook of MY experience as their surrogate - how I've felt emotionally, physically, pictures, etc. I want them to know I'm just as nervous, excited and happy as they are :)  
What fantastic news on the beta, Your mum must be so excited. as I said before amazing thing that you are doing. Great idea of the scrapbook. I sure that your kids will appreciate it, but it will be in another couple of years that the impact of such a selfless gift will affect them : ) I have the teenage daughters I see glimpses of kind and good. But they do slip in to that teenage mood way to quick hehe.

@ waiting for a miracle

Very sorry to here your news, it is good that you are taking a couple of months off. I like the sound of a mudslide, sounds a bit crazy and fun : )

@ jessicaBP

very sorry to hear your news, understand you position completely.
To have to go in for that blood test and doing that wait during the day. I feel for you. Sending you lots of strength
Hi there did u get ur test results? :)
hi  im karen im on my 3rd day of embryo transplant one was 7 the other 8 this is my third attempt .my sister inlaw has donated eggs for me as mine are to old now just like me 39 lol. im really anxious all the time every twinge i think well thats it my date for pregnancy test is the 17th july seems a life time away so good luck to me and to everyone else xx
Well I took my beta yesterday and it is a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! 273 I am so happy. I thought it was going to be higher but I am still very very happy. I go for my second beta Wed. I shure hope my numbers double like they should... I could not post yesterday because my internet was down.

waiting_for_our_miracle ::: Sorry to hear about your BFN. Dont give up!!!! Enjoy your mudslide:)

Thanks for all of the support ladies:)     ::::::::   Now for the second beta:::::::::
hi i have not posted for a while i have been waiting for the natural miscarriage to take place for 2 weeks 3 days and so far nothing has happened yesterday i went to the clinic and they did a scan i just wanted to really be sure that the baby heart beat has re started but of course i was clinging on false hope she is still there 9 weeks on but heart not beating for the last 2 weeks so they told me to choose from medical or surgical intervention to induce the miscarriage.  i read medical will take ages but again surgical might mess up with my uterus please ladies any advice on this will highly be appreciated.  i also asked the RE how soon i can start my second cycle although am planning to do it in India as they are much cheaper both the consultants are of the same opinion 3 months after i get my normal cycle back atleast it helps improve my chances the same sentiment is repeated even after BFN. i hope and pray for BFP;s to all the ladies on ther 2ww and to all  BFN and ladies who have miscarried i pray that God may grant you the wishes of your heart just remeber we have read post of victory and miracle like for the lady whose Re told her she was too old to conceive....... which she did conceive naturally having tried IvF and failed she had all odd stuck against her all those scary stories and stressfull tests ..... she now has a baby !#$$% that is what i call a miracle and i believe  it will come to pass to all of you in one way or the other . i believe we will have our babies someday.

sorry i cant remeber the lady name but if you can read the  earlier post i dont know if in this forum you will definately see her post  
congratsssss!!!!!!!!!! :D i knew it was going to be a BFP!! so happy for you :)
WOW WOW WOW

very excited for you, fingers crossed for wed beta. Isn't it great that god lets you get this far... brilliant news. It is nice to here of a BNP

I have my next beta thurs, a bit worried as I have had flu .

good luck for tomorrow
hi ladies,

welll i went back to work today, after a few days of restings and working lightly from home, i must say i had the worst day in my working life!!! everything went wrong, i had a million things to do, i was soo exausted, and the work kept piling up and was due all today. Thank god the day is over. I kept on thinking how are the embies supposed to survive when im under this much stress, pressure, when im running back and forth a few offices all day!!! i pray and hope nothing has happened and they are still in there and implanting.

delilah1546, im so sorry, please take care of yourself and do whats best.

who is testing today?

good luck all :)
hi alma

can u please share with us the things you did or didnt do in this 2ww that you think made a difference. :)
Thanks for all the comments...  I appreciate it!!

Went in for the blood test yesteday afternoon and the dr called this morning and said it was negative, as I already knew.  Left a message as I was in the shower when he called and asked me to make an appt to discuss the cycle and where to go from here.

I guess I need to call my insurance co and see what remaining coverage I have and see if a 3rd cycle is possible...  But for now I am going to have some fun in the sun, have a few drinks this weekend at my sister's wedding reception, and then work on myself - getting into shape and losing some weight.

And of course we will not stop trying naturally to get pregnant, maybe even have some fun since there will be no pressure this time around!!  :)

Good luck to eveyone out there and I pray God places a child in your arms somehow, someway!!

Alma0988....A HUGE congratulations!!!  I know you've waited so long for your BFP and you deserve it!  Praying for your numbers to double on your beta test on Wed.

Happysurro...That is a wonderful idea to make them a scrapbook!  They'll love it and it will be something they can share with the baby(s) as they get older.  I also think that's great that you're using your whole experience to help your own kids appreciate things.  I didn't realize how close we are to one another.  I noticed you live in Mansfield.  I'm in Palmer which is about 10 minutes north of Ennis and 15 minutes east of Waxahachie.  Small world.

Hayley85...I totally understand how you fel about going back to work after the transfer. I went back to work yesterday and it was crazy.  I'm constantly worrying about my little embies and what the stress I'm feeling is doing to them.  I would make myself slow down and take a deep breath.  Some people at work know what's going on, but others don't.  You want to just scream...."Do you know the precious cargo I have right now?!!"  On my way home yesterday I was thinking I really need to find something part time.
Congratulations Alma!!! Im so happy for you.. The beta number is good. Mine started out 259 when I had my first one, but then it was tripling after that..and then went for ultrasound and both embies took. Lets continue to pray for doubling Beta numbers...Congrats again!!
Thank you for the encouragement! Both my wife and I are quite positive, but we fear that a negative result would be even more devastating because of our so good attitude. Oh well..

@all

What have been your experiences in the 2ww? Our doctor didn't recommend much resting, just to take it easy the first day and then carry on with a normal life. I read some of you are resting for 48 hours... I fear we might be risking it all by not resting at home.

It's "just" 1 more week until the beta test. Although I try not to show it to my wife, I am very anxious. I can hardly get some work done!!

Best wishes to all of you!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I am very happy to read that on your fifth time it finally worked. I wish you a very healthy pregnancy!
Sorry to keep posting, but I have many worries/doubts.

Should we do a home pregnancy test for the blood test? I tried to convince my wife not to do it, so that we don't get depressed too early. But maybe it is a good idea so that it doesn't come all at once... What do you suggest???

If we decide to do it, then WHEN should we do it? Beta test is next Tuesday, 10dp5dt .. should we try a home test the day before?

Thanks for your suggestions!!! We are soooo new to this!!!
I meant if we should do a home test BEFORE the beta test...
Congrats dear!!!!!  So happy for you
waiting_for_our_miracle and Jessica - so sorry for your BFN...it is a matter of time, so I hope this means that it is closer to your BFP...take care...many of us have been there and it *****...nothing really else can be said...take time to grieve it and please don't give up
It would be up to you guys if you think you want to possibly mess with your mind prior to the beta.  Some people get accurate results early and some don't so you never know. One or two days before your beta is due could give you accurate results and then again it could not...everyone is different and then also depends on the test.  Your test might not pick up your levels and then you get a negative and then your blood test will be positive. You will make yourself worry and stress over the negative test.
If you get a positive, it is probably a true positive, but sometimes the pregnancy ends in a chemical pregnancy (early miscarraige (miscarriage)) and then by the time you get the beta, it is negative...that is disappointing, and may happen.  You might not want to know this information----but, then again, you might-----You have to decide if you are willing to deal with the possible up and downs of this....

For these reasons, I know some people test just prior to going for the beta, so they have some warning because that phone call is painful. However, if you are the type that does better staying positive till last minute, then DO NOT test at all and wait until the beta...
We are all different and do better with different ways of handling this.

Good luck!
Wishing you the best!!!
good luck during this tww!
Wow, you ARE close. I got 3 (yes, THREE) tickets in Ennis on Sunday so I'm not happy with that whole region right now. Ha! I need to slow down :) So your first beta is July 5? I go in that day as well for my 3rd and final. Thinking good thoughts for both of us!

Alma: Congrats to you!! Very excited for you, hope your Wed beta numbers look great!

Waiting4ourbaby: I know this is a stressful time for both of you. I laid flat on my back for 24 solid hours after embryo transfer, but then after that just went about by regular business (which isn't anything crazy - work (at a desk), come home, fix dinner for kids, etc). I took an HPT the morning before my first beta test - which was 8dp5dt. I didn't want to do it too early and also wanted to prepare myself in the event it was a negative. Hoping the best for you!

Jessica: Do exactly that! Take some time for you and concentrate on pampering yourself - you deserve it and it will probably help immensely to just clear your head for a bit before making anymore decisions. Everything will happen in its own time.

Hope everyone has a good day!
It looks like we are on the same schedule.  I have my beta next Tuesday which will be 10dp5dt too.  This is our 2nd attempt at IVF.  Our first ended in a BFN.  I took two HPTs during my first 2WW (it was 3dt so the wait really was closer to 2 wks) and they both came back negative and it totally rocked my confidence and positive outlook.  It did make getting the news that the beta was negative a bit easier as I was expecting that result at that point.

This time around I've decided not to do any HPTs, because I think that will help me personally to stay more positive.  I know if I see that one negative result, it will totally mess with my head.  I might do one the morning of the beta to help prepare me for the result, but I haven't decided yet.  My husband and I are taking the day off and going spend it together doing fun things...movie, lunch etc to keep our minds off waiting for "the call".

I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but I get anxious and nervous at times and I think that's normal.  You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Here's to hoping your wife and I both get BFPs next Tuesday!!!
WOW!!! 3 tickets in one day!!!  So sorry about that.  I must admit I have a "bit" of a lead foot myself.  Our little town, Palmer, is better known as "that speed trap off of I-45".  The speed trap pretty much extends from Ferris all the way through Corsicana though.

Yes, I do go for my beta on July 5.  I'll be hoping for a BFP for me and the others testing that day and for your numbers to have doubled!!
Yay!!!!  Congratulations on your BFP!!!!!!  So happy for you.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Good luck with your 2nd Beta.  

Tomorrow morning is my ER.  Nervous and excited at the same time.  I'm hoping everything goes well tomorrow.  How long did everyone rest after ER?  24 hrs? 48 hrs?  Did anyone do anything special after ET?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping for a smooth ER with lots of mature eggs!!  I rested for 48 hrs after my ER and then another 48 hrs after ET.  I've been taking it very easy and not too doing anything too stressful or strenuous.  My beta is on July 5.  I'm hanging in there and staying really positive.
Hi Ladies

i had a horrible day at the office today. Came back home and burst into tears. So much pressure and stress.. Kept on telling my husband that i feel im not doing enough for my embies. I feel every bit of stress is going to harm them and affect their chances of implanting, every time i cough or sneeze i feel guilty and feel like im harming them also.
im feeling soo low and negative and dont think this will work now. i cant wait for this wait to be over. I just wish there was something i can do to help them implant or even a sign or a specific symptom that can tell me something. I feel so helpless.
im not normally like this. im normally optimistic and think positive and not this week. :(

i hope everyone is well.

Good luck wishfull11 on your ER tomorrow. i rested for 48 hours after it.
good luck all.
Whoa! You definitely need to relax! You need to keep in mind there's nothing you can or can't do to "help" the embies implant. Worrying too much and causing yourself more stress will only decrease your optimism and increase your blood pressure! I know it's hard but just try to take it one day at a time. Live your life, go to work, relax when you get home. Take everything with a grain of salt. This may sound crazy but what helped me was to think about all of the people that get pregnant unintentionally and do crazy stuff and end up having normal healthy babies. Think about people that drink like crazy before realizing they're pregnant, or women that smoke a lot up until they discover what's going on. Our bodies are incredibly protective and nurturing, remember that.

Go get a pedicure, read a good book....... mainly just relax. It's out of your hands now.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you :)
I'm so so sorry you're feeling so down and stressed.  I know it is sometimes easier said than done, but you need to take a deep breath and calm down.  Take a step back and really think about the importance of the things you are stressing about in the grand scheme of things.  Try and put things in perspective.

I am a born worry wart, so I TOTALLY understand stress and worrying about everything under the sun.  There's not much during this 2WW we can control regarding the embryos and their implanting.  Try to foucs on the things you can control:  the stress we let in our lives & the way we respond to it, the amount of rest & relaxation we give our bodies, our general attitude, etc etc.  

You're in my thoughts and prayers!!  
Hi everyone,
I had my 18 week ultrasound this morning and both babies are doing well. I had a but of a shock though all along the drs. had been telling me that I was having fraternal twins and one was a girl. I went to my high risk doctor today and to my surprise I'm having 2 boys and they are identical. My ivf drs were saying that both embies but that wasn't the case. Only one egg took and it split. Although they have their own sacs they share the sane placenta. I'm so excited, and still shocked. I wish everyone on their 2 week wait lots of luck. I've been there many many times, so I know how you feel. There is light at the end eventually. Stay positive and continue to keep fighting.  I also want to congratulate everyone on their bfp's and  i wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Thanks so much for the wonderful update.  What amazing and exciting news that you're having identical twins!!  Just goes to show that sometimes even if both embies don't take, you still end up with two anyways...lol.  It's so nice to hear from someone that's been through all of this and is now having a wonderful success.  I know it helps keep me positive and reminds me that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep us updated.
Hi!

I'm new to this community but I would love to share my current experience. I am 42 and have been trying the natural way to get pregnant for the last 10 years. We tried IUI twice and that didn't take (a few years ago). Anyway, I'm on my 'first' IVF round (the first try the doctors found polyps, so I had to wait and get those removed) and had one 8-cell embryo transfer 6/14/11. Tomorrow is the day for the blood test. I have not had spotting nor do I have severe cramping. Tenderness in the breast, irritated (poor hubby), bloating tummy and headache now and then are what I experienced. I've been swimming 3 to 4 times a week to keep my mind sane. I started swimming 2 days after the ET. So far so good.

My hubby and I decided that we should at least try IVF once before calling it quits since our insurance covers a good deal of the expenditure. I must say, I am a bit nervous but excited. Love reading all of your messages. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Hi ladies - well had my ER this morning.  Everything went well.  Have been resting all day.  I am very tired and i've had cramping all day and so very bloated!!!!  My dr. retrieved 22 eggs.  they will call me tomorrow to let me know how the embryos are doing.  My ER will either be on Sat. or Mon. They will also let me know tomorrow when my ER will be.  

Hoping2BAMom - Thanks for the advice.  I am going to rest for the next two days.  Going to get a manicure tomorrow to relax.  Good luck with your test July 5th. I will be thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.  I have to go in for bloodwork on July 6th.

Hayley85 - So sorry to hear that you had an awful day.  Please try to stay positive.  i know it is hard.  I am sure you are doing everything you possibly can.  Like happysurro said, our bodies are very protective.  When I was pregnant with my daughter (and didn't know early on).  I was working and running around.   I wasn't even thinking of rest!  I hope you have a better day tomorrow.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Karol1968 - Good luck tomorrow.  hoping and praying you get your BFP!!!  
Went for my second beta today, hope it has doubled the way it should over the last week.

@ Hayley, just remember the extra hormones that you have on board at the moment, things that you usually cope with will get to you more. I think what happysurro and hoping2toamum said it beautifully. Great advice. Try to relax and control the stress.

Will be keeping you in my prayers : )
2nd beta 887

been assured that everything is going well. another blood next thurs.

still praying for more BFP's for all that have to have their first beta's
Congratssss!! You must be relieved :) very happy for you.

Take care and enjoy the next  8 months.  I with you a healthy and smooth pregnancy :)
hey there. thank you. Hope you are fairing well. Hope you are relaxing a little more. I have monday on my mind. I am praying with you. Try and have a lovely weekend.
Thank you for ur kind msg. Yes much better mood today. I'm at home today.

Have a fabulous weekend as well
hello ladies

how are we all?

i havent had any symptoms for pprox 3-4 days expect the killer sore massive boobs which iv had for about one month now... i know that i dont have to have any syptoms (symptoms), but stilll feel like i should feel something different.

anyways how is everyone doing in this 2ww?

@wishfull11 how are you feeling after the ER? are you resting at home?

good luck all.
Glad today went better for you and you seem to be feeling better.  Hang in there, I've read several people say they had no symptoms and got a BFP!  I know I had lots of symptoms last time and still got a BFN.  So you just never know. Hang then girl and try and stay positive.

wishful11...I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with your ER.  Hopefully they're able to fertilize a whole lot of those eggs!

Karol1968...Have my fingers and toes crossed and said a prayer for you that you got your BFP yesterday.
hi there,

yes im feeling better today. Must have been all the stress and the raging hormones that were getting to me.

How are you doing? :)
Hayley - glad to hear your feeling better.  All those hormones definitely takes its toll on you!! My ER went well.  Rested all day yesterday and so far today.  I have a manicure later today.  Cant wait!!!!  I'm just waiting for my phone call to let me know how many eggs fertilized and when my ET will be (either Sat. or Mon.)  I will be thinking of you on Monday and will say a prayer for you for a BFP!

hepburntj - great news.  so happy to hear your numbers went up. yay!!!!!

HopingtBAMom - me too.  I hope a whole bunch fertilize.  I am trying to wait patiently for the call.  I will let you know how it goes.  Have a great day.

***Does anyone know - which is better a 3dt or 5dt?  Or is there no difference?

It's amazing that I can find someone doing and feeling the exact same thing as myself?!!!!!! Tuesday 6/21/11 I had my transfer done and had 3 frozen embryos inserted..this is my second a tempt.

The try was only 2 embryos and they were not frozen.  I feel the same mommy0000! I feel nothing but back aches and my pregnancy test is July 8th..my brother says that my back hurts because the embryo is taking nutrients from my spinal cord. I hope he's right. GOOD LUCK TODAY and keep us posted!
I just got the call from the nurse this morning. My HCG number is 3120. The nurse was so happy to tell me. She thought I had done a HPT and knew about it. I told her nooooo. Too scared and don't want to jinx it. So I guess my test is BFP. Next blood work will be on 7/2 and 7/5. Happy, excited, nervous and scared all roll into one. Must go swim today! To be continued.

Thanks for thinking of me. Keep the prayers coming ;o) I'll do the same for everyone!
WOW!  Your beta number is great!  So happy for you!  

It's so nice to see some BFP's yay!!
Thanks for your kind words.I'll keep you posted!
hi evryone im on my 5th  day of emmbie transfer and its killing menot knowing., every twinge and ache and i think its all over for me don,t do test till the 13th july so ill have to keep everyting crossed till then x
What a wonderfully high number!!  I'm so excited for you.

Wishful11...I've read good about both 3dt and 5dt.  Some say 3dt is better b/c it gets the embryo back to it's natural environment sooner.  Some say 5dt is better b/c embryo has lived the 5 days and developed into a blastocyst.  They also contend that you cna screen out the "bad" embryos better by day 5.  I've seen people on the forum get BFPs and BFNs with both, so I have no idea.  I think so much of it depends on our own bodies, embryo/blast quality, and especially God.  My 1st IVF was a 3dt and ended in a BFN.  My current IVF is a 5dt of 2 blast and we'll see how it goes next Tuesday.

Hayley85 & All...I'm doing pretty good.  I'm still staying positive, but I'm a little concerned today as the boobs aren't quite as sore as they've been the last several days.  I know this could just mean nothing, so I'm trying NOT to worry about it or foucs on it.
Yes, we are indeed on the same schedule... thank you for your support!

@all... thanks for sharing your experiences.

I have yet another question... my wife and I got a bit carried away last night and she ended up having an orgasm (no penetration though)... What are your experiences in this matter? Have you been recommended NOT to have sex in the 2ww? What about orgasms?

My wife was freaking out today after she read on different forums negative comments about having sex during the 2ww.

Thanks for sharing!
Waiting4baby - My RE said no sex (nothing in vagina) and no orgasm during tww. You can call your office and clarify. I am sure people have sex when they don't even know an embryo is baking but IVF might be different or they just want to be clear if if doesn't work. IDK
thanks for the info.  As of now i am going in on Monday July 4th for my ET.  But they told me to be around just in case they have to change it to a 3dt (sat.)  It all depends on the embies and how they grow.  We'll see.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  I am going to take it easy this weekend. Even though I had to change going away this weekend, but it's worth it if I can get that big BFP!
Hi ladies

I woke up this morning feeling pretty yuck! My tummy is bloated and I'm feeling like I'm going to be sick. I did a HPT and thought I saw a fainttt line in the background but I don't think it is a line.  Will try again later. I'm on day 9.

Karol congrats on the great numbers. ;)

Baby dust to all
Hope u guys r all doing well. It really picked up on here n I finally finished reading up on it all. I've been busy finishing up the school year n all. Now I have the summer off n will spend it relaxing n mostly by the pool.
I c some familiarly names from my April ivf cycle. Happy that some of u got BFP's!!!
Welcome 2 all newbies!!!
Sorry to BFN's.  ;0(  I've been there n its a horrible broken heart feeling. but don't give up.
I went for my second opinion last Mon.6/20. He was very nice n really took his time listening to me n explaining. He agreed that my tubes r bad n I need ivf. He thinks the reason my ivf didn't work is because I was given the wrong dose of meds based on my weight. I m not average weight so I should've had more of a dosage. I hope he is right. Also he said since my eggs were of good quality..he would've only transferred one egg n not 3 like my last Dr did. His office has a higher ivf rate so I hope he can help me achieve my dream this time. M also it will b less $ this time around. I don't need to pay for the facility where they will retrieved n transfer like I did at other Dr.  He started me on birth control n pre natal vitamins n wants me to watch an ivf sessions online to learn more about it n then nurse will contact me on my next steps. So within the next two weeks I will b doing ivf #2.  I m relaxed now n hope to have a better outcomes. I wish my girls all the best n nothing but happy thoughts girls!!!   ;0)
Hey Lisa,
I was with you back in April and unfortunately shared a BFN.
Good to hear you got a new RE with a good plan!
I am also doing a July cycle...I pray we can achieve our dream...

Good luck....
I hope the line you saw was real, hun!  Fingers are crossed for you!!!
hi there

no the line i saw was just my imagination! i re did the test a couple of hours later and also nothing. false hope. anyways my test is monday, will try to wait till then.

how are you going?
Ladies is it safe to take panadol now during this tww? Iv got this killer headache all day and it's getting worst. I really need some sort of painkiller :(
I was always told that it is safe for panadol                    : )
Thanks!! Glad we r not alone in this.
Enjoy Ur weekend!!
Hi Lisa.  So happy to see you back.  I'm so happy everything went well with your 2nd opinion.  I know what you mean with school.  I have my ET on Monday and I am so thankful it is during my break.  It so much easier knowing I do not have school work or that draining schedule.  I plan on relaxing and taking it easy.  I wish you well with your new cycle.  I will be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes for a BFP!  

hayley85 - Good luck on Monday.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Enjoy the weekend and think positive.  I know it's hard I'm just about to enter the 2ww too and trying to think of things to relax and make the time go by quickly!  GOOD LUCK!
It's nice to read all the post of BFP's congrats to all.  I have  beta next Tuesday 7/5 but of course i couldn't wait i did my first HPT today and i could see a very faint line or maybe its my imagination.  This waiting is driving me insane.
Hi!  Glad you're back! I agree with you about work....more time to relax and not stress!  Yesterday we had a party for all of the teachers at the beach.  It was fun but still tough since everybody brought their kids.  Seeing all the kids and everyone focusing on their children was tough.  The whole idea of going to the beach was to forget about m worries but it seems it's always there. I hope this next time works for us both! I was wondering though why your RE would only transfer 1.  Wouldn't it be a higher chance with more? I know in some countries they have strict rules about that.Still waiting for AF.  I'm starting to be concerned since I should have started days ago.

Wishful:  Good luck this weekend with your transfer! Let us know if its Sat or Mon.  I saw you had 22 retrieved....that's awesome!  Did they tell you how many fertilized yet?

Hayley:  Hope you are feeling better!  I'm really praying for you! I know this waiting is killer but try to keep busy.

Dancingmama:  I guess you, me, and Lisa will be in the July cycle....if my AF will only start!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hope u get Ur bfp Tues. July 5 is my bday..I'll b 35.  ;0/
I need to b happy that I enjoyed 35 yrs of life but I feel empty since I didn't have any Kidz yet. I always said by 30 but that came n went. I hope this is my year now. It was a tough 2011 so far n its not over. I wanna think positive this cycle but it always lingers in the back of my mind that negative answer like I got last time. So painful. I don't wanna go thru that heart break again after all this effort n work we put in.  

Maestrapenn:
Dr. says if egg quality is good no need for more than one or two the most. My age n quality doesn't need as many eggs to get a pregnancy. He was positive n said it should work n that ivf #1 doesn't count cuz Dr did wrong dosage of meds. I sooooo hope he is right. It just ***** cuz my heart n my wallet broke cuz of that mistake.
Was that Ur 2nd ivf?? Do they know what went wrong?? Did u switch Dr??? My Dr didn't give me a reason y it failed n that made me more upset. So going to a new Dr n getting reassurance is a big help.
Alma:
Congrats!! I m very happy for u!! Glad it worked this time.

Hayley:
I know u will get a bfp too this cycle. This has to b Ur time. Hang on n don't stress. We have to do it!!

I m so glad all my girls r back n stronger than ever. Go us!!!
I checked with my dr. today and he probably said my ET will be on Monday.  Happy July 4th!  I'm going to relax this weekend and get myself ready.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I guess just hope and pray everything goes well.  I dread the 2ww!!!!!!  Yes I had 22 eggs retrieved, but only 5 fertilized.  I was kind of upset hearing that number.  I thought more would fertilize.  I'm just hoping and praying they are all doing well!  I would like to be able to freeze some.  My 1st ivf none were frozen.  This is my 2nd attempt.  It will be really hard for me to go through this again.  That 1st BFN really broke my heart.  I was pregnant but my beta number was low and it wound up being a chemical pregnancy.  Just really nervous this time around.

Lisa - I know what you mean about the heartbreak.  It seems that we go through so much and then to go through that let down just breaks your heart.  Are you from the U.S.?  I'm hoping the 4th of July will be a great day.  If my ET goes well and I wind up pregnant, the 4th of July will be a great holiday for me for the rest of my life!!!!!  Have a great b-day on July 5th.  Enjoy the day and the start to your summer break!
Yea I live in NJ. I teach in Bklyn, NY. Glad to b off all summer n do this cycle while home. It was very stressful in April going back n forth to Dr during n after school n taking days off. But I'd do it all again if it meant a definite baby. Did Dr say y it didn't work for u? Mine didn't implant at all I think. I thought it would've worked being that i got pregnant in Nov n my body would've remembered the routine but I guess not. I hope my new Dr is right about it not working cuz other Dr gave me wrong meds dosage.
Try to relax n enjoy as well!!!  ;0)
My dr. just said for some reason it didn't continue to grow.  I don't if it is more upsetting to be pregnant and then have it fail or just have a BFN to start with?  This time around my dr. changed up my meds a little and started ganirelix earlier.  This time after the ER i am feeling worse than my first one.  Very bloated and a lot of cramping.  My first one i retrieved 21 eggs this time 22.  Honestly i don't know what to feel.  I am excited, but also terrified to start the 2ww and fail again.  I'm going to make myself think positive and have a good outlook to this.  I don't want to test during the 2ww.  I just can't see a BFN.  It will just make me feel worse during the 2ww.
I am working in the summer with some curriculum workshops and tutoring, but not nearly as hectic as during the school year.  It was crazy for me in April as well to run around in the morning and take off days.  So much better in the summer!
Our feelings n heartaches r all alike. So funny how we all think n analyze things the same way. I wish I could give all u girls a hug for Ur encouraging n courageous ways. So many would not put up with this n yet we have no choice n we don't give up. God never gives us more than we can handle. I wish he didn't think we were that strong at times cuz it really is heart wrenching..as strong as we may b.  I don't think I will test either until mayb the day b4 if even. But hearing negative from someone else hurts more than seeing it with my own eyes.  I wish there was an easier way for us. Think positive thoughts, as hard as it may b n Pray!!!  ;0)
WELL SAID LISA!
i just did another HPT and still negative. What are the chances of it being poitive on monday? i think slim to none. :(
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  I have mixed emotions right now.   Trying to stay positive but iv got bad period like cramps and feel like AF is going to arrive. I pray that it doesn't. Please keep me in your prayers and I'm praying for a miracle.

I'll be thinking of you all and also praying for BFPs for all!
Hi every one, I'm new for these things. I had my embies transfer Sunday and it's been hard this 2ww... but I'm trying to do my best to stay positive. I have very light cramp and in the morning after my progestron shot, I feel vomitting. I don't know if it's normal or not...but I am praying day and night about  this thing to work. I will wish to all of you the same.

@haylay85,
You shouldn't be discourage about it. HPT is not accurate so stay positive untile you do your beta test...
Try to b positive. Mayb the sress u r feeling is causing cramps. That happens u know. our mind is very powerful. Usually period doesn't come til after u stop all meds. That's how it was for me too. It can still b too soon for hpt that's y beta is two weeks after transfer. Mayb a day b4 but not too many days b4 unless u have a really strong beta. What happened with Ur last ivf cycles?? I hope u get thru this ok n its positive. Big hug to u girl!!! I m sorry that we have to endure this. God grant us peace n serenity...n our dream please!!!!
So my 22 year old now ex boyfriends parents just contacted me, they claim that I manipulated him into getting me pregnant for my own greed and when I said I didn't they said i was lying about being pregnant which is just a terrible thing to do. They have been nothing but horrible to me and now they're taking it to my parents. I am a 21 year old, This is happening to me and I think it should stay between me and the ex boyfriend. They are bullying me and saying horrible things to and about me and they're supporting and treating their son like a saint. I feel horrible about myself, I've spent that last four days crying i'm stressed, i'm eating but not enough I don't know what to do.
thanks all, im trying to stay positive...

good luck all. Have a wonderful and stress free weekend.
Hi Ladies
How are we all? i dont know if anyone is feeling the same, but one minute im feeling positive, and the other im feeling negative, one minute im feeling happy and then sad, one min in in tears and then im happy, and one min im feeling all sick and tired and then im fine.

has anyone felt the same?

@Lisa, last cycle in April i got my period 2 days before the test, which is why im freaking out now. im glad ur docs appointment went well, sometimes all you need is a different doctor with a new plan. relax this summer :)
Oh girl I know exactly how you feel.  I've been feeling the same way the closer it goets to my beta test on July 5.  Sometimes, I feel like I'm an emotional yo-yo, going from one emotions to another in a matter of minutes.  Try to hang in there.  I'm praying for you.  My family is coming in today for the 4th of July weekend and that will be good as fara taking my mind off of things.  They are hysterical and we're always laughing when we're together, so that will be really good for me now.

Wishful11...I'm so glad things are progressing along nicely.  Don't worry about only 5 fertlizing, it only takes one to get the job done.  Out of our 10 that fertilized this time around, we transfere two of the blast and we're only able to freeze one other blast.  

I'll be thinking about all of you this weekend, probably won't check back here until Monday.  I hope all of you ahve great, relaxing weekends!   I'll be praying for you all.
Thanks.  My dr. just called me this morning and said we were doing a 5dt.  So I go on Monday for my ET.  I asked him why I didn't have as many fertilize this time and he said it was because this time around he started my hcg earlier.  Along with other meds he did differently.  He said out of the 5, 4 look really good.  So I'm just trying to enjoy the 4th of July.  Have fun with your family in town.  Laughter is always a good thing!

Hayley - hang in there.  I will pray for you.  I know it is so hard.  Our emotions are so up and down.  One minute you feel so happy and the next minute something as silly as a commercial can make you cry!  Hope you feel better.

To all - I have my ET on Monday morning.  I plan on resting all day.  Do you think it would not be a good idea to see fireworks at night?  I won't be walking much, just basically sitting and watching.  What if it is warm/humid?  Any advice would be great.  Thanks.
hi guys got my Et on 6/22/11 and 5 days after, got back pain just like had my period..and right after my work on monday saw  blood ,i mean so light then the following day its the same..feels like its the last day of period..then my doctor said its normal after the transfer and he told me everything is ok inside after the ultra sound...but then im still so much worried because yesterday afternoon my blood is heavy until today and i feel like i will lost this round..thhis is my first IVF...and on monday is my BT...i already told my hubby that maybe im not pregnat at all.my breast is normal :(   has anyone here got the same ? negativity strikes me again ....
I'm happy that you have great egg quality and that your happy with your new dr.  My 1st IVF ended in a chemical pregnancy. My dr was thrilled that the 1st attempt even worked since I'm 38, I'm not producing as many eggs as I used to, and I haven't gotten pregnant in over a year (miscarried at 10 weeks...bad chromosome issue).  Since I only produced 4 and 2 fertilized for transfer he decided to up the dosage slightly to try and get 5 or 6.  He's been alternating clomid and bravelle and follistim.  Unfortunately, that didn't work for the 2nd round.  I made like 7 but some were too big and he thinks empty. He feels I overstimulated.  I feel very confident with this dr since I have a great rapport with him. I even have his personal cell #.  We had a consult and he even tried to send me to other re's to get another opinion (he thought I wasn't happy with him).  at this point I have one more shot and I don't want a new re to have to "learn"me.  I only wish that I could have started IVF sooner when I was younger and more eggs.  But I had a different insurance plan and they didn't cover IVF at all.....they didn't even cover IUI's.  I only switched this past Oct to an insurance company that covers 75% of IVF costs but only 3 times. Sooooooooo......this is it! I think my AF is starting today though its not really red yet.  i always have a problem trying to figure out what day 1 is knowing that I start the meds on Day 3.  I know this was long but thats where I'm at.
I'm very excited for you....five is a great number and the fact that they're making it to blast is awesome. My 1st attempt ended in a chemical pregnancy too....I do know how you you feel! How many do you  think they'll transfer?  I will be thinking about you and saying many prayers......good luck!!
We all really know how hard the 2ww really are.  Especially the last few days. Please please please try to keep busy. Hayley taking the HPT is so tempting but like we've all said if it doesn't show up right away it just messes with us.  I pray that this is the one for you (both). I will pray for strength and clarity for you both.  xoxox

Linda
I wish it was an easier process than waiting two weeks for a confirmation. All the meds n process to go thru with ivf is hard enough n then those two weeks kill u. I hate it. I wish u all the best n enjoy weekend. I m going in the pool to relax later.
Ciao!!!   ;0)
Hi there. Thanks!  I am excited and nervous!  With my 1st attempt he transferred 2.  One took and it ended in a chemical pregnancy.  This time around he changed some of my meds and said transferring 3 could be an option.  I would hope some could be frozen.  I think I would want 2 transferred.  I'm hoping for the best! Thank you for your prayers - I will need them!
Good luck getting started on your new cycle.  I agree with you about your dr.  I love my dr. and I really trust him.  Wishing you the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.
We called our office about the intercourse/orgasm thing and they said to continue with a normal life (including sex) 2 days after transfer. I wonder why there are so many differences from clinic to clinic...

@Hoping2BAMom... Only 3 days left until our beta test! Yay! How are you feeling? We are taking it better now, not thinking too much about it. Family visits actually helped a lot!

@all... ALL THE BEST!!!
Well this old lady got a BFP for the 2nd HCG test. The next one will be 7/5. I am quietly optimistic but still nervous because you never know what will happen, right? I feel as if I'm walking on pins and needles. I haven't shared this process with anyone other than my hubby. And now I have a great outlet with all of you. I'm grateful for this.

wishfull11,
Enjoy the weekend and rest after the ET. The first 24 h is a pain but chill. 4 embies is a good number! Good Luck!

Hoping2BAMom,
Hope you will get a +ve on the 7/5! I'll check the forum then.

maestrapenn,
I completely understand about wishing we had tried IVF earlier in our 'youth'... but hindsight is always 20:20. Hang in there!

Good Luck to you hayley85. BTW, panadol or tylenol is ok. But not NSAIDs. I used to pop ibuprofen whenever I had a headache coming but to my suprise, I haven't taken anything since my ET. I'll see how long I can last resisting painkillers... : )
Congrats on the 2nd BFP HCG test.  So happy for you!  This weekend seems to be going very slow!!!!!!  I just hope and pray it works this time around!

I'm having my ET early Monday morning.  I plan on resting all day.  Karol1968 you said to relax for 24 hrs.  Do you think it's a bad idea to go see fireworks?  I really don't want to do anything to mess this up.  I will basically be in my bed from early am to about 8:30 at night.  So what does everyone think.  What would be best?????  Thanks for any advice.
@Karol1968 - Congrats!  By your screen name I assume you are over 40. So am I. What was your protocol for this successful IvF and was it your first?
I don't want to jinx anything but the only thing I did was as you plan to do, bedrest. I was tired anyway after the procedure. The nurses and doctors recommended that as well. I took it easy the next day too. Of course you can walk around, just don't over exert yourself with activities such as trampoline jumping or gymnastics... ;o). TV can be great company while vegging out on the bed! I wish you luck and I hope everything will be great for all. (now I'm nervous for the next test, what a wreak I am...)

Going to bed early tonight because I'm exhausted pretending I'm not going to worry ;o\
Thanks so much.  Eat, read, and watch tv.  That's about all I will be doing!!!!!  You will be in my thoughts and prayers for your next test on 7/5.  Good luck.  Sending more positive baby vibes to you!
Goof morning all. Woke up this morning thinking I would see early AF spotting but no still going strong. Decided I'm not going to do another HPT as it plays with my mind.  I'm leaving It all to God.

Good luck all. Who else is testing tomorrow July 4?
It has been 6 days since my embies transfered. This 2 days, I feel sharp pain down my pelvis. I don't know what's going on. When I stand for long time, it became worest. Please ladies let me know about your expriance and opinion. My beta test is on 7/7 so I have long way to go.....
AF has arrived, one day before the test. as ALWAYS im shattered :(
I am so sorry, please be strong. I know that shattered feeling. thinking of you.
My wife had some spotting today... she's very worried, but I keep telling her to stay calm and wait until Tuesday. But honestly I am worried as well. It's a sad and weird feeling. I hope it's nothing and beta comes high regardless...

How are you doing?
All the best!!
I am so sorry for you my dear. I know this was not the news you were hoping for....

Damn it...I hate that this happens.  

My doc says three times is what he recommends...I don't know but it appears to be a numbers game and some get lucky first try and for others it takes more tries.

Take all the time you need to grieve it.   For now, just know that if being a mom is what you want, there IS a way for us.  ((hugs))
I was searching the net...which sometimes one should avoid-heh heh....and I came across this information  from Dr. Sher who is supposedly very good and famous for IVF
It is actually a wonder to me anybody actually gets pregnant at all!!!! Especiall us older moms-to-be. The egg has a hard job to do in order to get it all together! It is amazing what has to happen and how easily things can go wrong... :(

BTW...he does mention NO sex and nothing in vagina after ET in this article;

http://www.ivfauthority.com/search/label/egg%20retrieval

Please take care everyone, have a happy 4th of July for those in the US, Canada Day for those up North!

Baby dust all~ Prayers for you all in the tww
I am so so sorry!!!!!  My heart goes out to you.  I have been there and the feeling of sadness is overwhelming.  I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but we feel better and get stronger in our own time.  Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Nothing anyone says will make this better for you!  Just know we all are here for you when you are ready.  I went to church today and said a prayer for all of us. xxxx
Sorry Bella. It's a horrible weekends to get sad news too. R u going for beta tom still?? Is this ur second try?? I hope Dr can give u some closure on what went wrong. Mayb u should try another Dr for the next try.  Life is so unfair!!!  ;0(
Hang on...n don't give up. Miracles do happen. I heard so many pregnancy stories after failed ivfs n even after adoption.  ;0)
Thanks for website on ivf info. It's great learning new things n being an encouragement for one another. That's what I luv most about u guys n this forum. We keep ourselves going n not quitting. It's amazing what science can do n who knows how much easier n better it will b in future. Mayb no 2ww n instant implanting. ;0)
God is so much more than science n we really can't lose the hope.
Luv all u strong ladies. Hugs n Kisses!!
U r strong n Amazing!!!!  <3333
Hello, after obessing over many forums I came across this one that was so recent and exactly where I am that I had to join in.

Me 37 TTC if im honest about 5+ years although 3 "really trying"
HCG to check fallopean tubes (came up clear) but fell pregnant naturally straight after having this procedure done (perhaps it flushed out a block)
Miscarried at 11 weeks.
3 x cycles of chlomid no success
2 x IUC cycles no success
Now on first ISCSI IVF cycle.
17 Eggs collected 14 fertilised and only ONE made it to day 5 blastocyst transfer which was today.  4 eggs "bit slow" still in dish and hoping to get at least one frozen in case this emby doesnt stick.

Trying to maintain positive thoughts but its so hard.  Have three friends start their IVF journey after me and all are now in their 6months pregancy stage while I keep getting BFNs.  Whilst im estatic for them its very frustrating!!!

Blood test on 15 July hoping until then.

Good luck everyone XXX

Hi all

I am new to this thread too so I hope I can join, this is my first post - I am in my 2ww and obsessing over these forums too and wanted to say thanks to everyone to keep posting and being positive and strong - it helps the people who just like to read and don't take part..

My beta is 8/07 after a FET (1 transferred) - I'm feeling not very positive, no symptoms apart from teary, tired, small twinges around my pubic area..I'm thinking of doing an HPT as I can't wait any longer - should I wait? I feel I just need to know now.

Wishing everyone on 2ww's luck and hope we can all help each other whilst we are in this crazy waiting game...

x

About me - 1 x clomid cycle, 1 x iui - BFN, 1 x ICSI ectopic one tube removed, 1 x IVF BFN and now in my 2ww for a FET.
Hi Ladies

thank you for your msgs. I have been in tears today and upset but im Ok now. While i knew the results my self but i wanted to know what the blood tests results were exactly. I waited almost 10 hours for my test results, was a long agonising 10 hours. There was a delay apparently. My HCG was 0. So the nurse said theres no need to see the doctor as the doctor decided to go ahead with my frozen embryo transfer when i get AF in august. However, my hubby and i decided to go away overseas end of August for approx amonth, which means we will miss out on July August and September. I was feeling guilty as having a baby is my number one priority and i dont want to waste any time, but hubby and i thought about it, we are soo stressed out (me mainly) and seriously need a break and get away from the whole IVP process. So tomorrow i will be asking for leave from work (not really sure if my work will accept). I though work has ruined this cycle with all the stress i was going through last week. Next cycle hopefully i will take 2 weeks unpaid and just rest at home. I dont need stress.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Good luck to those testing tomorrow.

lots of love xx
Hi everyone.  Well I just got home from my day 5 ET.  Everything went well.  OMG my bladder was so full I thought I was going to burst.  I had 2 transferred (2 made it to day 5 blastocyst) My dr. said they were of good quality.  I plan on just resting all day today and into tomorrow.  No fireworks for me tonight.  Just want to rest.  Even though I am losing my mind I am so bored!  It will be all worth it if everything works out.  Who knows maybe I will name the baby sparkle or fireworks!  ha ha.  Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and prayers.  They mean a lot!

2long2wait - You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  We are in the 2ww together.  I have a blood test on 7/6 just for progesterone check and my pregnancy test is July 13th.  I won't take an HPT at home.  I just can't.  I don't want it to play with my head!!  Good luck!

bringmeluck - hang in there.  There are people who don't have any symptoms and still get a BFP.  Our bodies are all different.  Think positive!  I will pray for you as well!

hayley85 - I know this is such a hard time for you.  I am amazed at how strong you are.  There is nothing wrong with getting yourself mentally and physically ready before another try.  I waited 2 months before my 2nd try (this time).  I needed just to get myself stronger an mentally ready for this challenge.  I am a firm believer in God gives us as much as we can handle.  Good luck to you.  Enjoy your time away with your DH and come back stronger than ever and go from there.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Can anyone tell me when they started going about their daily routine after their ET?  1 day? 2 days? 3 days?  Thanks for any advice.

I am so very sorry.  I know the devastation you are feeling all too well.  I know you'll miss your next cycle by taking your trip, but I think it's the right thing to do.  I think a break from all of this will be good.  You're in my prayers girl!  

@waiting4ourbaby...I wouldn't worry too much about the spotting as long as it's not a heavy flow, it's probably normal.  I'm feeling very scared and depressed today, because almost all of my symptoms are gone (breast tenderness, bloating, etc) except the tiredness and constantly feeling like I want to cry.  Having the family here helped, but as soon as they left this morning and the house got quiet, I just wanted to cry.  I'm trying really hard not to worry about it, but I am.  

wishful11...I'm so glad everything went well with your transfer and you're resting now and doing well.  

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.  I know God has a plan for all of us, I just wish He would let us know what that is sooner.  
Good luck tomorrow with your Beta test.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thinking of you and your beta test today.. Would love to see more BFP . So good luck, I will have you in my thoughts today.
I think vacation is a good idea. Don't put life on hold. Enjoy n live it to the fullest. All will happened in due time; although I wish due time was now cuz I m ready. Where r u guys going for a month??
What kind of work do u do that stresses u out?? Was this ivf#2??
I m excited n nervous to begin round 2 of ivf. My period should come by 7/11 so I know all the meds n injections n office visits will start soon.
I wish I could know from now cuz I don't want my heart broken again. Chances we need to take in life.
Hope u guys enjoyed this holiday weekend!!  ;0)
Viewing 2801-3000 comments: