how many days after iui would you get pregnancy symptoms OPEN
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me when I should start to having pregnancy symptoms after iui. I am 6 days post iui and yesterday I started feeling naused. It woke me up during the night and I still feel the same today. I don't know if I have a bug or if is maybe a sign. I also took 10,000 units of HCG trigger shot but it has been 8 days since I had shot so I don't know if that could be it. Please HELP!!!
Went for my ultrasound today and the dr. said he saw 2 eggs?  what does that mean?  Do I get 2 chances this month, maybe a chance of twins?  I find it ironic because last month he gave me clomid to "help" my egg and I only had 1 egg...this month was au naturale and I had 2? I guess what I thought was ovulation last week was my body producing 2 eggs instead of 1?  My face is just a mess full of pimples!

Liv4baby ~ I'll be doing my first IUI tomorrow, as well and a second one on the 12th...we'll be in the 2ww together. Hopefully this time will be better than my last disaster

Sagebrush ~ I don't think it makes a difference what time of day it is done...I'll be going for my IUI's at 1:30 and 12:30 in the afternoon time.
Laura23 - be strong and positive that this IVF will work for you!

sagebrush - are you having a medicated IUI? If so, they can probably let you take the HCG trigger shot at a certain time so you can have your IUI done in the afternoon. Are you doing 2 IUI's or just 1 day?

Michelleinhawaii - Good luck with your IUI's. That is pretty funny that you had 2 eggs this time w/o medication and only one with medication. I would think that you would have better chances with 2 eggs and there will be more of a chance of you having twins but the 2 will not always take. Good luck and keep us posted. Be strong during your 2ww!

Mary986-  I am on clomid.  The dr hasn't given me the HCG trigger shot before.  He only does 1 IUI a month.  This is my last try with my gyn. then I will be going to a fertility clinic.

michelleinhawaii- Thanks for the advice.  I think I am going to try acupuncture too this summer after all of the talk about how wonderful it is.  I am willing to do whatever it takes to make my dreams come true.
Thanks to you all for your support and understanding.  Still waiting for my AF its been 17DPO.  I could feel all the symtoms that my AF is coming(back pain, twinges) but not that awful than before.

Francesp- Is everything ok with you? Wish you a BFP!!! keep us posted.          
                                                                                                                    lolagirl212- You're a Darling.  You knew just what to say when I needed it most. thanks!

Hey ladies,

I was just passing thru!  I had my IUI on Monday and now on the 2ww.  Although this is my second IUI with follistim this second time around feels different.  I've been very tired since the procedure.  Not much of an apetite but I think only because I'm gassy and bloated (not to mention it soo hot here).  I've been getting alot of twinges on my right side.  DH count was 32million and I had three follies on my right 18-23 in size and on my left 2 (but no tube),  I am hoping with the high results of DH sample (which my Dr was very pleased and worried of multiples) puts me in a high chance.  This 2ww will drive me crazy.  Even if later I do get a BFP that just means that I can put 1 out of 3 of my worries to rest.  The other 2 would be that it's not an ectopic, 3rd would be that it's viable.  Just when I thought the 2ww was all I had to be concerned about...right!

I will you all much love and success and I will be keeping a watchful I on this forum to keep up with everyones progress.....GOOD LUCK and fingers cross!
Yesterday I came home to the news of a BFN!!  I think I underestimated how hard it would be, this was my first IUI.  I am finding it difficult to get to the acceptance stage of this, but I hope I get to go right into the next try.  I ended up getting a cyst so I am not sure if they will make me wait.   I think the best thing to do right now is just keep looking forward.

Better luck to any who are testing, fingers crossed!!
I am sorry for your disappointment.....that truely *****!  But your positive response in looking forward is the best self help!  I admire your spirit and keep pressing on!  Best of luck to you!
Good luck with your blood test today, please let us know the results!!!  Baby Dust!
So sorry to hear you got a BFN. I had my 1st IUI in May and got BFN and when I went to start up the next cycle, they told me I have to wait a month because I had cysts from the medication. It's so hard to hear BFN and then to hear the word "Wait" again because of cysts. Hang in there and be strong. When do you find out if you can try again right away or if you have to wait until the cyst goes away?
Sorry to hear BFN  and that u r finding it hard to accept,dn't worry its normal to feel like this.I am in same boat as you and mary986.Failed first IUI and then cancelled next cycle due to cyst.
But if many ladies r getting cysts it means its common to have it after treatment and that we will come out of it soon and ready for next cycle and hopefully next cycle will bring good news for all of us.
Take care of ur self.
Monalisasmile ~ sorry about your BFN.  It took me about a day or so of hard crying before I accepted my first IUI had failed... I think it was especially hard since it was something new and I was so hopeful.

PhenomenalWoman ~ I had my second IUI yesterday and will go for another tomorrow...I'm in the 2ww with you.   I'm not setting my self up like I did with the first one that's for sure, I broke my own heart with my high hopes.  This time I am not as hopeful and hopefully I won't get too upset if the end result is another failure.  

Liv4baby ~ how did your IUI go?

All~ My IUI went much better this time it took the dr. about 30 seconds, last time it was several minutes and he had to use several different sized catheters since the opening to my cervix was very very small.  he said the opening was bigger this time and maybe the timing was better.  The HCG trigger shot also has not left me unable to walk as it did last time...I guess the nurse shot it in the wrong place last time cause I literally had to drag my leg around for almost 2 whole days.  I also don't have any cramping and very little spotting, just a little bloated feeling.  I feel happier and calmer :-)  
Thanks for asking -- it went better, like yours!  Maybe this is a better month for IUI's!  Much quicker and less painful, but still not exactly fun.  I too, have lost hope!  I am NOT testing until 14dpiui.  No matter what!!  :)   I am not going to look at every tiny feeling I have as anything more than it is!  :)  We have to be strong this time or we're going to be depressed again!  I can't handle this every time.  The dr told me that we'll do this at least once more, maybe twice - but then we have to have another "consultation" -- whatever that means.  I'm glad they're doing two IUI's for you -- that should help, right??  I only got one - what a gyp!  LOL!  

Hope everyone is feeling well!  :)
I don't think the second one is going to make a difference since it will be 48 hours after the first one (office closed today for a state holiday)...I think that is too late.  Does your dr. give you a trigger shot?  If they do is it given to you before or after your IUI?  

Yes, I'm definately not testing until 14dpiui either and since this one is au naturale, then my AF will definately come before the 2ww will be up...yeah, no more testing for me!!  I was so excited only to be let down last time, I can't handle that again.

Hello ladies, this is my first time posting. I've been reading all posts for more than a week now and I've seen all the possible scenarios.  I'm currently on my 2ww of long waiting after my first IUI on Monday June 2nd. I had a back to back injection the next day as well.  In my case my hubby has low sperm count 5 million, motility is good and morphology is good.  As per my RE I'm ok, I ovulate and have a regular cycle of 28 days.  The day before my first injection I had 3 matured follicules and a forth was coming down.  My P4 is >40 which I think is good. My RE didn't say if is good or bad just left me a message.  I had to rearch on my own... I'm been holding myself not to test at home. I'm afraid of a false negative or a false positve. All of you are so wonderful and its great to get support form someone who is on your shoes.  I wish everyone gets a BFP!!! Is a long journey but promissing..Keep you head up and hopes up to the sky.  You all be blessed!! Baby dust to all future moms!!!....
Rainbow222- Welcome!  :)   Don't test at home -- it's not worth it!  We're always let down anyway (false neg or pos, or just false hope!) so you might as well just wait!!

Michelle - I don't get a trigger shot at all, which concerns me.  I don't know why they do things differently at my dr's office, but I trust them.  I don't know why I do, I just do!  LOL!  It's not like they've gotten me pregnant yet, but they seem very professional over there.  I guess I can switch later if I have to.  How are you feeling today?  I feel like I have cramps, which *****.  :p   I think this time I'm more convinced it DIDN'T work than I think it will.  I think I've lost some hope since last time.  How are you feeling?  I don't get why they're doing the second one 48 hrs later for you -- I didn't think eggs lived that long?  But what do I know.  :)
Liv4Baby, thanks for your welcoming note and advice...I will try the hardest not to test. My hubby wants me to wait as well. My blood test is scheduled to be next Monday. I have no symptoms, Nothing, NADA...
Michelle - Its hard to believe that your clinic will close in a holiday. The place where I go opens for at least 2 hours on Sunday and holidays...I hope its works for you. At the end we have to trust the hands we are on.   I wish you the best. Keep us informed.  

Hi Ladies,
Im supposed to go in for my sonogram and blood work to begin my monitoring for 2nd IUI..I have been down for the count in bed 2 days with strepp throat and wondering if anyone thinks it's a bad idea to go in while I'm still sick and running slight fever? I still want to go and refuse to miss this month's cycle because of being sick..any thoughts?
jeez, talk about bad timing. I am not sure... Your immune system may affect your cycle because they always say to be in good health but you wouldnt be having the procedure for a few days right? Why don't you call your RE and explain you do not want to miss a cycle but you also don't want to have less of a chance of it working and see what they suggest??
Feel Better and Good Luck
hello everyone -- just keeping you guys updated -- I started my follistim injections on Friday -- Had bloodwork and u/s done on Tuesday -- the results were to continue with the same dosage of follistim and follow up on Thursday for repeat us and bloodwork.  Has anyone had IUI with follistim inj -- how many days did you have to do the injections for?  
hi! i wrote you guys almost two weeks ago to tell you that i am pregnant.  i was so thrilled to learn of my pregnancy  but it did not last long.  i was in the ER twice  and last saturday, the doctor  said that i miscarried or in the process of miscarrying.   my hcg level is dropping and i had cramping and spotting before i had the miscarriage.  i had the doctor's appointment yesterday and he confirmed it.  i will go through a  series of blood test  until my hcg level is less than 5.  the doctor said it happens.  it's because the fetus is not developing perfectly.  

we can try again and do the same process aftertwo cycles.  for now, we need to rest  and wait to the right time to start all over again.  sorry for my bad news.  just an update.