Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
how many days after iui would you get pregnancy symptoms OPEN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 7801-8000 comments:
Dear All ,
I am new to this forum.Thanks for sharing your experiences which has given me support.
About myself, I am 30. Married for 6 years and trying to conceive for 5.5 yrs. 6 failed IUI's 2 laproscopies.. 2nd one was in the month of Dec 2011 for extensive endometrosis.After my lapro my doc advice me to take 3 months of lupride shots. From the month of April doc advice me to go for 3 IUIs. My last IUI was on 18th June... i was bit hope full but to my disappointment yday i got mild spotting... today still i have not got my periods but getting cramps... Lets see what happens... Take care and good luck to all the ladies.
Hi Izzath,
I guess you and me are sailing in the same boat.. Mine was also 7th IUi ..Even my doc mentioned me when he had undergone my lopro in dec 2011 , that my  uternie cavity is narrow. He could'nt fix that problem as i had extensive endo... so 1st he said he will try to fix my endo problem and later after 3 to 4 iuis if i dont concieve (conceive) i will have to again go for lapro for my uternie cavity ... and later 1 cycle of iui with injections and last IVF.
Izzath,

Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about your last IUI. My last IUI also failed. I am in my second cycle now. Will have to wait until 20 to do a home test. The journey continues...........

Pearl,

Welcome to the forum. Ihope you still dont have your periods and it was just implantation bleeding . Fingers crossed for you........Take care

Ann,

Dont ever feel sorry for venting here. This is the only outlet all of us have. This is our small unique family where we all understand what the other isgoing through. You are 24 right, so there is still time for you . Just take a break from all this fora while andlet your body recover. God will shower you with his blessings. Till then I am here for you always.........Feel better
Hi pearl13,
when i had my laproscopy /HSG  , my doctor said everything was normal ... no endometriosis , no tubal block ..etc ...
my family doctor who i visited at home town found in ultra sound itself ..
I dont know why it was not said by my prev doctor ...
Anyway , I am having estrogen tablets .. we will try naturally  for another 3 months ...
And , all the best for your iui to be successful ...
Dear Padma,
Thanks for your support. Today i had done HPT which is negative.
All the best and good luck for your 2nd cycle hoping to hear a positive news from your end.
All the best to you. Hope u conceive naturally within 3 months of trying. Good Luck.
Padma
Yes I am 24, we will take a break for a long time, the way i feel now i will never go for another iui. I know with time i will feel better, because God will give me the strength to get over this!!!
I hope you are doing well and that your 2ww isnt getting te better of you.

Pearl
Welcome to the forum, and i am so sorry to hear about your negative.

Ladies thank you so much for your kind words!!!  It is realy appriciated!!!!

Good Luck to you all on your 2ww .
Sticky Baby Dust to you all!!!!!
Hey gals. i just saw this forum and i feel so apart of it by reading all of your post.

i am 36 yrs old. i have been trying to conceive. this may i had an early miscarriage. this june 26th i went i did my iui. there are so many questiond to what will happen. my patience are going up n down. my period is due in 4 days. few days back i had periods like cramps. and 1 day i had lots of white discharge.  

i just got so scared. i didnt have the guts to call the doctor and ask the reason for it.

now i am just hopping for the result.

Hey Ann135,

The interesting thing about this forum is that some of us here know what your going through, a lost is the most heart breaking thing to go through after the happiness of getting the positive result.

I am currently on my 7iui, with 2 positives for number 4&5 iui, after the 6th which was a negative I could not do it any more, and mentally preparing myself that motherhood was not for me and there is another life not being a mother.  I took a break of one month and could not wait to get started again.  I am hopeful that #7 the charm but I am motivated to see this to the end.

My marriage as we all would know it has been on hold, my husband has low T, which translate to no libido which means he has no interest in sex, we have been going through this for 4 years "no sexual relation of any sort" and the recommended treatment will kill all his sperm, so I can't start the tell you the level of fustration in my camp.

Take a break regroup and go again. give it your all
OMG Ann, Im soo very sorry.. Tears just ran down my face remembering how I felt when it happened to me. If you feel like taking a break is what you need then do it. We are ALL here for you if u ever need to talk. I will be praying for you.
Ok so I need ur help ladies. Im now on day 9 post iui. so far I havent felt anything but slight AF cramping . On day 5 and 6 I had EWCM . On day 6 I woke up with throat ache and nausea and I was in and out of the bathroom peeing. Im trying not to think about anything and just go about my day like normal. What has me concerned is that during both my 1st (which was BFP) and my second (BFN) My nipples were tender. Now on this one. i feel nothing on my nipples. I dont know maybe its too early. UGH HELLLLLPPPPPP!!!
I had my iui 7/5, so I am 4 (or 5?) dpo.  I too have no sore nipples nor tender breasts- which I think is odd since I am also on progesterone, which I thought was to increase these feelings.  I dont know what to think???!?!? I know you said "maybe its too early", I am hoping that.  But I am thinking that on past cycles my breast have been tender due to AF by now.  Best of luck, please post ur updates.
I am turning 36yrs old on 7/17 (the same day as my preggo bw).  Atleast your test should be coming up in a day or so?  Hang in there.
Hi,Shona,

Welcome to the forum. I have realised over the last few years of TTC IVf's and IUI's that you CANT rely on teh body. The body gives crazy signals . So just live your life normally and wait for the BW or HPT whichever you will be doing.

Wannabepreggo, Same thing for you too. This TTC journey is driving us all nuts and makig us so obsessive and paranoid we think everything is either a good sign or bad sign.
For instance i used to have tender breasts around AF time but of late say for about a year or so I have stopped having tender breasts at all. I have this sinking feeling that maybe my time is up. I am 32 so that should not be it. Even right now when I am taking progesterone suppositories twice a day , no tender breasts, nothing. Yesterday once or twice I had a pulling feeling in my lower abdomen and today since evening I have a slightly heavy feeling in my tummy.Not like AF . But then I realised I am obsessing again and this time I have promised myself I will not do that. So just waiting for 2ww to be over.

So girls just hang in there and good luck to all:))
Ann, I'm so sorry for your lost and words cannot express my deepest sympathy.  I know that the only One that can give you the support, peace and serenity is God.  I pray that he will continue supporting you and your husband and guiding you both in every step of your lives.  I am glad that you consider us part of your journey and I hope we can continue supporting each other.  God bless you and Big Hug!
Hello there!...  Don't worry about signs, believe me!  It will only get you more confused than anything.  When I had my BFP I had NO sympthoms whatsoever... I did believe at one point it didn't work as my previous 3 IUIs.  But stay positive and don' t worry about signs.... God bless you and I hope this is the BFP you're waiting for.
I definitely will be updating. Lets just keep positive thoughts :-)
Thank you. Im just a nervous and its getting the best of me I guess. But as you say Im gonna stay positive and wait till next week to find out . I hope and pray that at the end of this LOOOONG 2ww Ihave my BFP!!

@padma well with the other 2 iuis I was on clomid . no injection . Just clomid and then the iui. This cycle doctor put me on femara. I had NO side efects like I did with clomid . So maybe the sore nipples were due to the clomid. But as u say i wont obsess and just whats going to happen. happen. Thank you ladies for your help. your words have put me at ease.
My dear...i am so sorry for your loss...there are no words i can say to make you feel better....its ok to grieve so just vent it out....hope you feel better...lots of hugssssss
Well I am new and I have been married to Mr. Right for 12 years. I have never been pregnant and I found out I have a "hostel enviroment" and I under went a IUI on Friday with all the shots, clomid, a trigger and now I am on progrestrone I am hopeful because it is my first attempt at an iui I did all of the other crazy timing, temp taking, sex every other day...all the exhausting stuff and nothing has worked. I figure God has His perfect timing for me or has no child in my future. I was just going to straight out adopt...it is almost impossible unless you have a ton of money to adopt a baby, you would think if so many kids needed homes it would be easy. I then looked into adoption of a toddler, also met a lot of issues causing me to turn to fertility treatments.
Hi Holly,

I also have a "hostile" enviroment and  did my first iui on June 29 and will test on July 13 this friday. I was hopeful last week that the procedure worked but I did something bad and now how ruined all of my hope- I took a pregnancy test on 7dpiui and also today which is 10dpiui and both were negative. On top of that I feel all of the symptoms of my period coming on which I am also supposed to get on July 13. My doctor was not able to find anything wrong with me besides the hostile enviroment and my husband already has two kids from a previous marriage, the only thing working aganist his is his age which is almost 42 so his sperm is normal but close to the low side. When we did the iui, the sperm was great the dr said, and i did clomid on days 3-7 and an hcg trigger shot 36 hrs before the iui. The only complications i have expereinced is i had horrible pain in my stomach on July 5th and went to the dr and they found two ovarian cysts caused by the clomid. When i went in for the iui, i had several eggs but only two of a good size. I hope it was just too early to test and that why i am getting a negative, also i hope that these upcoming period symptoms are really pregnancy symptoms. How did everything go for the day of the iui and up until now?
Hi Holly,

Welcome and good luck on your IUI. About adoption , I am sorry it didnt work.It would have greatly relieved the stress.  My husband and I also registered for adoption in Jan this year. They said they will come for a house visit and start the proceedings about 6 minths later but I still havent heard from them. I will be calling them by the end of this month.

I hope your first IUI works and this is the end of the struggle for you.

Good luck and stay positive.

Nicole,

I still think it is too early for a home test. I would suggest you wait until your BW or at least till day 14 or 15. About symptoms I have heard that early pregnancy and period symptoms could be the same. So dont lose hope yet and dont keep testing . YOu will wear yourself out. As it is we are all so vulnerable and scared of a bad result, so seeing a negative wont help. So stay strong and stay hopeful. My wishes are with you.

Ann,

How are you feeling? Physically I mean. I hope you are well and recovering. Lots of hugs and good thoughts to you.

The nurse just called with my progesterone level.  I am 7dpo, with progesterone level of 54.  
I am on progesterone pills, I asked her why I have NO symptoms that I usually do during my cycles- like my breasts are not sore, tender, nothing.

I thought being on progesterone pills would increase those symptoms.
She told me it was still too early to tell and that it means nothing either way.  She also said I have had higher and lower levels (15 unmedicated, and last month w/ prog pills was 74).
She told me the only thing my level of 54 says is that my lining would be okay for a pregnancy to stick.

I don't know, maybe lack of symptoms this month is good!?!?!?
Well Thats GRRRREAT NEWS!!! So my non aching boobys may not be so bad after all.. KEEPING POSITIVE!!

Gotta keep positive...  What was your progesterone level? When do you go for your preggo test?
No symptoms are good. Wish you the best.
You know if you got positive home pregnancy test too early is not a good thing though. In April I got positive home preg. test on 12 day post iui. I was sooo happy but it ended up I had a m/c. My doctor told me that was not a health pregnancy. I had m/c around wk 5. I am like you cannot help keeping testing and getting negative results. Stop doing that and check next week. I wish you a BFP... I had IUI on July 2. I am in my 2ww and hope for a BFP too. May God bless everyone here.
My doc hasnt sent for progesterone level . I dont know why . He did on my first iui  but not on my second or this one. I got for BW on the 17th.
Hello everyone!

It has been a few weeks since my last post.  I am glad that other ladies in our situations have found this site- I know they will find some comfort here as I know I have.  

I am so happy to hear some good news along the way as well.
I am of course sad and hopeful for those who have not had success this time around.  

I think the last time I posted I had just started my period after my 5th IUI attempt.  I had a consult appt with my RE to get set up for my laparascopy/hysteroscopy procedure just to double check that my plumbing really was okay since I had a questionable HSG a year or so ago.  I had the procedure on 5 July and am now feeling somewhat back to normal.  Everything went fine-tubes/ovaries looked normal and healthy.  I did have to have a polyp removed in my uterus though, so I am glad they found that.  

I am a bit concerned because I am on day 36 since my last period.  I have PCOS so this is completely normal for me and I took a preg test the night before my procedure and of course they gave me one, but I just fear that by some miracle we got pregnant naturally and then had this surgery and ruined it.  My husband tells me not to even worry about that since we have both male and female factors we have like a 1 in a million chance of that happening.  I am just worried and for once in this baby making journey I am praying for my period to come.

Once AF does come, we won't be able to do any treatments until the next cycle, per the RE.  We will do at least 2 more IUI treatments before looking into other options.  I have hope that this procedure will help and I can't wait to get back into some proactive treatment!

Thanks for listening:)  I can't wait to hear the updates from everyone here- I am praying for more good news than not!  

Prayers all around:)
Thank you, that is good to hear.  I haven't really told anyone about this process, so it is really nice to get some encouragement here. :)
Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you all the best.
Are you on progesterone pill too?  I figure that would be a reason to not check your levels...  

I too go on the 17th,,,,

I will keep you in my thoughts.
well tonight is my last night in waiting, tomorrow after 2pm i will know if my bean stuck this time around, good luck to all in your 2w journey and sticky beans to everyone who is going for the prego test tomorrow.

I will let you guys know the out come positive or prep for next trip.
Good to hear that no symptoms is good. I have no symptoms too but it was the case with me for all the previously failed attempts. So I dont know wht to think. Best thing is to not think at all.

Kellygirl, good news about your progesterone levels. Fingers crossed for you.

Inhos, lots of sticky baby dust to you. Give us some good news tomorrow.......

Prayers all around .....................
I wish everyone the best of luck. I am optimistic. I have been taking progesterone and it makes me so tired. I keep thinking I am about to have my period but I read about progesterone delaying AF. There are only 9 more days left until I test for pregnancy. I am very hopeful. No one should ever have to deal with infertility issues...or adoption issues for that matter. I am sending out prayers for this group. Chin up ladies!!!!
~Holly
Good Morning,

I am really confused.. My IUI was on 18th June on 8th July and 9th i got v mild spotting i did my HPT it was negative later in the evening i called up my doc he said some time HPT is incorrect so he asked me to do Beta HCG yday to my disappointment it was negative. I informed my doc he said as HCG is neg we wil wait for your periods to come till friday. This has never happen to me before has any one faced the same problem pls advice.
Hi, Good Luck and All the best. Hope to hear positive news from your end tomorrow.
Your doctor is right . If the HCGis negative then they wait for periods to come for any further course of action. Periods can be delayed after IUI or IVF for many reasons. It happens with me everytime. If you have been taking progesterone then that is sure to delay your periods. I am sorry to hear about negative result at your end . I know it is heart wrenching. But stay strong....................

Holly ,

Thank you for your prayers. God knows we all need it here. You are right . Noone should experience infertility issues or adoption issues. Just wanted to share this , we also registered for adoption in Jan this year. I called them yesterday and asked them the status of my application. We had actually registered fora child younger than 6 months . However the lady at the agency yesterday told me that we have to be prepared for an older child. She says it is actually impossible to get a child below 8 months bec once the child comes to the agency they have to then take abandonment certificate for the child before they can put him or her up fr adoption. This process takes at least 10 months.So the youngest child we can get is 1 or 1and a half years old. I am a little sad because I had resigned to the fact that I may never experience pregnancy but there was a little glimmer ofhope which said I could at least experience the child from a very young age. Anyway , what will be will be. There is nothing we can do about it . But it is frustrating that when there are so many children who are abandoned or thrown in garbage cans or gutters , adoption is so diffucult for people like us. Life is really unfair.

I really want this cycle of IUI to work ............... After this my husband has to go out of town for abouta couple of months so we cannot try. I will turn 33 in Sep. My hopes are getting dimmer after every unsuccessful attempt and it is really hard to try and be hopeful.

Take care ladies.

Dear Padma,
Thanks for your reply. Yes you are right. Take care.
Morning Ladies

Hope you are all doing well!!!!

Padma

Your are right life is unfair.  You dont have to warry about your hubby going out of town and you not be able to try again, because i just know that this is you month for a positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inhos
Goodluck with your BW today, please keep us posted!!!!

Goodluck to everyone, I am praying to hear some positive results from you!!!!!!!  

Sticky Baby Dust to you all!!!!!!!!
Hey Ann!!

How are you doing? Really Ann from your mouth to God's ears!!! Hope it works..........

How are you doing? Take lots of rest and eat well. Lots of hugs and lots of love to you...................
Im doing ok thanx.

Just dont feel like doing much, so im in bed the entire day.  Thank you so much for all your support i realy appriciate it a lot!!!!!

How are you feeling?
I'm feeling normal Ann. Feel no different. The mood just keeps going up and down. Some days I feel positive and others like today I feel quite blue.I have been avoiding a few phone calls today . Could not trust myself to speak normally to them. It is hard for others who havent been through this to understand exactly how we feel.  Let us see how this cycle turns out. I want to believe it will work but history says otherwise:)

Actually just noticed that my breasts are a little sore today. Not much. But this could be because of the progesterone. Usualy progesterone makes me tired but not so much this time . Dont know what to make of all that. Best not to think about it.

It is good to rest up nicely. Stay in bed for as long as you want but take care you dont shut yourself out. I know it is difficult but dont stay alone too much..............

Take care and I am here for you...............
Hi Ladies,

Thank God for this forum so we can all freely express our feelings here. I attended another baby shower at work yesterday. There’s another one coming soon. It is hard to go to baby showers one after another when I wanna be the happy mom-to-be badly. I am a 41 year old Asian woman. I am as well the first generation new immigrant to the U.S. I started my life late. I got married when I was 39. My husband has two girls from previous marriages. When I met my husband in 2006 he was still very bitter from his previous relationship and he was not in any hurry to get married and has more children again. We were dating for 4 years and I took the birth control pills for 3 years. We got married in 2010. We were so ready to have more children. Only 2 weeks after I got married I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. My Endocrinologist sent me for radiation therapy to knock down my thyroid gland and that put my baby making plan on hold for another year. T__T```… I finally resume my baby making plan early this year. I had my first IUI in March this year. It was a failure. Due to schedule issues me and my husband tried naturally in late April. I got positive HPT a week before Mother’s Day. I thought I will have the best Mother’s Day ever. I called my doctor and he congratulated me. He ordered the hCG test for me. Unfortunately after several hCG tests and the hCG numbers are not high enough. My doctor had called me and delivered the bad news. He told me that he is sorry and he is afraid that was not going to be a healthy pregnancy. I can either wait for the nature m/c or my doctor can prescribe me medication to induce an m/c. You can image my emotions were sky high and hell low. I decided to take the medication. It was a worse experience I have ever had. I experienced the pain like delivering a baby but in the end I had no baby. At the same time I was worried if the m/c didn’t do the job I may have my uterus scraped. Fortunately it worked and I took a break in June. Now here I am again. I had IUI on 07/02/2012 and in the 2ww game. I try to not think too much but it is hard. I can be optimistic for ONE minute but be discouraged next. I took a HPT this morning and of course I got a negative result. I know it is too early but you know I was hoping there’s EXCEPTION. I am really hoping this time will be the time. It can be my turn to have a baby shower… I apologize for kinda rambling here. It is comfort to know that I am not only one and we all have each other here. I wish everyone the best luck here and hope we all have health baby soon. XOXOXO

~Candybar
hey guys just to report a bfn..... I have a question has any one done an iui with natural ovulation?

I would like to do another cycle but i really would like to ovulate on my own, this will be my 8th iui

3 on Clomid
4 on Gonal f

I am thinking why not try without med as nothing is wrong with me other than a 35 day period, so i ovulate 21 instead of 14.....please give me your thoughts
Candybar I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am also doing the 2ww, so I understand your anxiety. This will be my first iui so I was new to the whole fertility world. I was lost when it came to the different medications and everything. I always believe there is a reason for everything and that there is a reason you haven't gotten pregnant in the past. I am hopeful that this IUI will be a winner and you will have the darling baby you have always dreamed of. My IUI was last Friday 7/6 so you have less of a wait than me. Best wishes!
Thank you. I will you the best too.
I wish you the best too.
Inhos, I am sorry to hear of your BFN, your 8th IUI wouldn't it be cheaper to do IVF with a better success rate. I read that after 4 iui it would be more economical to try IVF although it isn't a 100% chance either but from 50%-67% chance is a little better rates. I wish you the best of luck.
I am continuing to torture myself by watching a "Baby Story" reruns....sigh. Normal women don't look at a woman screaming in pain...thinking jeez I sure do wish I was her! I hope this week brings positive vibes for at least one person this week.
I did get two BFP on two of my gonal f iui but unfortunately they both ended in chemical prego, so the problem was attaching so that would be the same point of ivf  it still has to attach, but your right why not take try at better odds.

I will discuss with hubby when he gets home because I am loosing hope with iui its starting to feel like catch me if you can between egg doctors and sperm
Well the big catch is that it is much more expensive. But if iui is about $1000/each, $12000 doesn't seem like that much. I think about it and financing it out. Plus if you get several good eggs you can have the extras frozen to use later. Good luck!
Inhos ,

I am really sorry to hear about your negative. Regarding IVF, as far as I know, and all the doctors that I have seen have told me the success rate is about 20%. In my personal experience also I had two IVF's one with fresh embryos and one with frozen. None of themresulted in a pregnancy. They also say that the pregnancy rates with frozen embryos is even lower. But Holly is right when you have had so many unsuccessful IUI's maybe you can change and see what happens. I just wanted you to have all the facts before you take the plunge because IVF hs a financial aspect to it also . If you decide to go in for it I wsh you all the good luck in the world and hope it succeeds for you............

Candybar12,
I read your post. I am very sorry for your loss. I can imagine how it would feel if you get something that you have wanted more than anything and it gets taken away. You are not alone at all. We are all here for each other.  I hope this IUI works for you....My fingers crossed for you . Lots of hugs to you:))

Holly , I understand . I have watched back up plan about 3 times now:)) dont know whY I am doing this to myself:) . We are not normal women. We are special stronger women who are more sensitive towards other people's problems. I really believe going through journey has made us more sensitive than other people towards everything...........
Hi, I am sorry to hear about your negative. As you are looking for IVF option just want to know have you ever done IUI with Injections? Just for your information my doc has advice me if any time we go for IVF they will try 1 or 2IUI's with injection as with that we get more follicules than regular clomid cycle. You can check with your doc. I wish which ever method you go for you get success in that and would like to hear positive news from your end soon. All the best and Good Luck.
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Wish you lots of luck for your next IUI cycle. Hope to hear positive news from your end. Just relax and dont take much stress. Leave it up to God. As we all know when God steps in , Miracles happen. All the best.
Girls,

I have a question. Today I noticed a small drop of blood in my urine in the morning and again in the afternoon. However nothing in my panty liner so far. What could it be girls?I'm sorry if I'm grossing anyone out.  I'm freaking out. Implantartion bleeding I have read is brownish but this was bright red like fresh blood. I dont think it is period . It is due around the 17th or 18th only. Otherwise I have no symptoms. Just sore breasts. I dont think I need to talk to the doctor do I? This has never happened in any of my previous attempts be it IUI or IVF. Need opinion girls....................
Possible implantation bleeding. It turns brown when it is old. You may have found it early, unless it is a bladder infection or something like that.
Holly thanks for the response . It is slightly brighter than pink but not red. There were a few drops but nothing after that. I dont think I have bladder infection.I hope it is not that .....It will be horrible timing:) What will be the symptoms of bladder infection? I also called the doctor who performed the IUI. She said it is too early to be normal period bleeding. She says it could be implantation bleeding but has asked me to wait and see. Nothing to do now other than being positive and wait she says....
According to the website just for mommies:

What does implantation bleeding or spotting look like?

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.
According to steadhealth.com

Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge that usually contains small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of all pregnant women experience this implantation bleeding.

You could suspect it is implantation bleeding if it occurs a bit earlier than expected, if it were scanty, spotty, pinkish and not red and heavy like a period. If your bleeding does not follow the normal pattern of a period it is probably implantation bleeding and not period.
Holly again thanks a million for posting these websites. As you can see I hv been online for a long time now:) Looking it up. I also came across these sites just now and read them. It looks encouraging and promising but I dont want to get my hopes high. I'll just pray and remain positive and test on20th.
Thank you for taking the time to post these links.Really appreciate it..
No problem! I am a nurse and I should know these things but I work with the elderly and I am very rusty on the other aseptics of nursing. I test on the 19th and probably won't get the results until the 20th so I am in the same wait period as you. I wish you the best of luck. Don't get too hung up on implantation bleeding it said only a 1/3 of women experience it...so best of luck! I will be praying for both of us to have happy news soon!
You are right about not getting too hung up:) So we will both know on 20th. Will be praying for you as well...
Thank you.
Hi ladies, tomorrow my two week wait is up and I test. I have all the symptoms of AF coming any mintue, so I am not too postive. Please say a prayer for me and I will let you all know the result tomorrow. This was my first iui and im praying it will get to be my last.....
Nicole I am saying a special prayer for you right now: Dear Lord I lift this lady up that you may be the strong arms and provide her comfort during this time and to remind her that you are incontrol and good or bad you have a plan for her. ~Amen

Good luck hun!
Nicole,

Go for the test with a positive attitude tomorrow and leave rest up to God. You have done your part. I will pray for a positive for you. Take care and God bless...........
Hi Holly,

Just wanted to update you regarding my situation. Yesterday we were discussing that I was spotting a little and whether or not it could be implantation bleeding or not. Well , I called my doctor and she said it could be sometimes because of Ecospirin that I am taking.So she has asked me to stop Ecospirin. So back to square one!! Such a roller coaster or emotions. Yesterday I was a little more positive hoping it was implantation. Today again I'm down . To top it all Ihad sore breasts for about 3 or 4 days and todaythey are not so sore!! I dont know whether to take it as a good sign or bad. I know it is silly to obsess over it but I cant help myself. I'm in desparate need of a miracle, as we all are,  and just so frustrated to feel out of control...........sorry for venting..........How are you doing?

Inhos again good luck for your bw.........Sending prayers your way............
So today i tested just for the heck of it. Today is day 13! I am do for bw on tues. couldnt wait and tested and i got my BFP!! Im so happy!! Girls this month is our month! Proclaim it!!
Congrats!!! How exciting.

Did you use an early response test?

I am happy for you, and maybe a bit jealsous- lol

You must be soooo very happy  :)
Also wanted to ask you if you had any increased tiredness or have been emotional at all?

Congrats...  I am happy for you.
Hi Nicole, I am praying for you. Wish you a positive result. Candybar
Yea i took first response.. Thank u!! I hope u get ur BFP this month too!
Hi Padma! Even though it was a little spotting your time isn't up yet. Don't let it get you down. I am now obsession over every toilet paper square to see if I get any implantation bleeding so I am right there with ya!

Wannabepreggo - that is AWESOME I am so very happy for you and pray it happens for the rest of us too!
That is such amazing news........It is early morning in India now and the first piece of news for the day was your BFP!!! I am really happy for you..............Congrats!!! I hope the rest of us also have a happy ending!!
Thank u so much!! Praying for all u ladies!! Baby dust to all!!
Goodmorning girls, yesterday my 2ww was up and i tested and got a BFN, i called my doctors office and they said that if i dont get my AF over the weekend to test again monday and then they will have me come in for a blood test because sometimes a blood test will pick up something the pregnancy test wont. For some reason I still have a glimmer of hope...

But congrats to wannabepreggo!!!!! I wish you and your baby a healthy 9 months. Your child is truly a miracle!
Nicole , i am really sorry to hear about your BFN:( But behopefully, there still may be a chance.........Will be praying really hard for you.....Good luck
Thank you very much Im still in shock .. Im sry about ur BFN but I hope its too early and the BW shows otherwise..  Dont loose hope.. remember its not over till that FAT RED LADY sings!!!
Hey sry I just read ur other post, Well I had barely NO symptoms. No sore nipples or much cramping. I was more tired then usual n a little moody. I tried not to read into all the signs cuz honestly thats what drives us insane.
Goodmorning,

Has anyone had a BFN of dpo 14 but still found out they were pregnant with bloodwork?
Hey, yea that happened to me when i had my first iui. Doc did bw and came back positive.
Did u get a BFP in BW?
Tomorrow will be exact 2 week after my IUI. For last couple days I couldn't help to take several HPTs and got all negative results. But I told myself that was too early to test. I am actually scared now because if I have another negative HPT tomorrow I cannot tell myself that it is too early to test. Funny, huh? I am actually don't wanna take the HPT and don't wanna know. T__T. I didn't really have any symptoms, Don't feel like my period gonna come either. I have been taking progesterone. If I could have a super power I wanna make everyones' dream come true here. Wish me luck!!!
Candybar12,

I completely understand how you feel. Iam with you:) Though I have restrained from taking HPT's for the fear ofgetting disappointed . Just keep your hopes up. I also feel nothing. I am supposed to test on 20th which will be 17 days post iUI. Here in this forumIhave heard many people say they felt little to no symptoms before they tested and got BFP. I think even Wannabepreggo did not have many symptoms. So maybe it is a good thing. Maybe dont take a test tomorrow , wait for a couple more days. For some women it may take longer for the HCG hormone to register. So just stay strong and I will pray for you and wish you good luck. Take care........
Morning Ladies

I hope you are all doing well.  Me and my hubby went away for a couple of days.  I feel a bit better, still heartbroken but feeling a bit better than i did before!!!!

Wannebepreggo
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  Please Please just take special care of yourself, I hope and pray that you have a healthy 9 months!!!!!!!

Padma
Its almost time for you to test.  Just take it easy and dont stress over it.  I have been praying for you everyday!!!!!

STICKY BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Ann!!!

Good to see you again!! I was just thinking about you the other day and figured you might have gone away for a little while. Good to know you are feeling better....Thank you for your prayers.........I really need them. Trying not to stress :) But it is hard..........I will be testing on 20th. So yes, almost time!!

You take care and stay in touch!! Will keep you posted...
I hope everyone is geared up for a positive week. I test on the 19th but as slow as the labs are it may be the 20th before I know anything. I thought you know I have been really ttc for about 5 years what was 2 little ol' weeks gonna matter...well I stand to be corrected. These 2 "little ol' weeks" are awful and it is worse on progestrone because you can't trust your body. Praying for more BFP's this week in our group!
Holly,

Yes ...praying for more BFP's in this group. The 2ww is gthe worst. It looks like all our hopes , dreams, etc etc are resting on what result we get. It is just all consuming. And progesterone makes it worse. If you feel anything cant say it is the body acting naturally  and if you dont , like I dont  this time, then you get even more paranoid that maybe it hasn't worked. In these 2 weeks you go to hell and back!! But hope it is all worth it at the end of the day. Wish you good luck .........I will also know on 20th. Praying for all of us here.................

Also another question , Holly you may be able to answer this. I have been off caffeine, tea or coffee, since I started IUI. In hte last two or three days I have started taking green tea only once a day but whenever I make coffee for my husband the aroma itself is just so inviting. so I was wondering is it safe to have a cup of coffee a day? I dont want to call my doctor just for this:) You know how they are:)
Padma
I will stay in tuch an thank you for keeping us posted. Goodluck for the rest of the 2ww.

Holly
Goodluck with you BW the 19th will be praying for you. Th 2ww is the worst 2weeks of you life!!!!!!!

Sticky baby dust to you all!!!!
Thank you so very much. I am taking care of myself . Resting. relaxing and not stressing. My husband has been helping me in EVERYTHING.. lol
Tomorow I have my appt with my doctor .

Take as much time as u need to heal. Its a hard process but use this time to bond with ur husband becuz he is also grieving too. My prayers are with you.
Tmrw I am to go for my blood work- it will be only 12dpo.  I thought 12dpo was too early as some ppl may not have implanted until then.  Does anyone know, or will the bw still be accurate?

Hi Padma,

Thank you. I am actually started spotting this morning... Guess I am getting my period soon. Oh well... I am not giving up. I wish a BFP on 20th.

Candybar
Pregnant women are allowed to have a regular size coffee a day...don't go bigger then 8oz....no BigGulp or anything but a modest cup of joe is fine.
American Pregnancy Assoc. website states:

Due to conflicting conclusions from numerous studies, the March of Dimes states that until more conclusive studies are done, pregnant women should limit caffeine intake to less than 200 mg per day. This is equal to about one 12 oz cup of coffee.
I don't drink coffee but I have diet coke sometimes.
Sorry Candy...I wasn't aiming it at just you I think Padma asked about coffee. Coke is less concentrated than coffee. Coffee has the highest caffeine amount out of the beverages (excluding energy drinks). So a 12oz coke should be fine.
Thanks Holly, Mybe I'll just have a cup every other day. I usually have a small cup only at once so I think that should be ok.

Candybar12, I hope the spotting doesnt progress into anything else. Stay hopeful until your BW. You never knw , miracles happen sometimes.............

Kellygirl, I personally feel that maybe 12 dpo is a little too early even for a blood work. All the times i had IUI or IVF done I have never gone for a blood work earlier than 14 days. I am sure they have a reason for calling you so early . Hope it goes well for you. fingers crossed for you:))))
My RE is doing my bw 13 days after iui this Thursday. I don't know if it makes a huge difference. If it was negative she probably would just go in again. I read online that some women can use a early response and know as soon as 10 days after conception. But, I wonder too if just incase you don't actually ovulate the exact day you get your iui and sperm live up to 5 days you may have to wait even longer, perhap up to 18 or 19 days. After reading all the info I had a strong urge to use a hpt and i did and it was negative...and I know better...sigh.
Hi Holly, No worries... Good to know the info. Thank you.
Oh holly, I get you. I hve been fighting the strong urge to do a HPT. Home tests are less sensitive. THat is why they prefer to do BW. But dont worry , this is not conclusive. Just forget you ever tested and wait for BW:)) Stay positive............
And Holly did you use the first morning's sample?
I wish you a BFP on 20th. XOXOXO
I wish you a BFP on 20th. XOXOXO
Hi ladies...tough i update :) Had a scan on friday and i had 3 small eggs 13 9 8 and lining was 5 mm went in again today(Monday) had a 20mm egg on right and lining was 8mm(yaaayyy) did trigger tonight and going in tomorrow with hubby to do iui im so excited and hopefully this works because they are all new medicine :)

baby dust to all xoxo
Candybar12,

Thank you for your wishes:)

Liltanya,

It sounds really good. I really wish this works for you this time. Stay positive:) Good luck.......
Thank you everyone for your imput.  I know when I call Dr. tmrw to notify to watch for my blood work results, I will tell them its only been 12dpo, I think they have their dates messed up (I had an ultra sound/follie check 7/3, however my iui was 7/5)..... that would also explain why my progesterone blood work was done at only 5dpo- very early. However, if they are counting since 7/3  (but not iui date of 7/5) the test dates would make sense....??!?!?

I dont know, I think I am just wishing 12dpo IS too early... this way if it is not my BFP, I can still have hope of a late implantation, and still hope for a BFP...

I will post tmrw when I hear the results...........

Hi  Padma,  I did a pregnancy test on 18 days of IUI  and there was a very faint positive second line after 3 minutes. What does a faint line mean? Am I pregnant? doc told me to continue medicine for five day.
Hi Imspanda,

Looks like it could be a positive. Faint line could mean there was not enough HCG for the test to detect. Continue medicines like the doctor said and then maybe after a day or two do another test. If you are pregnant, which I think and hope you are:) , then the line will get brighter. In fact you can also get a blood test done. That will tell you more than a home test..Hope it helped..........I wish you are pregnant..........Good luck:)
Also use the first urine sample of the day as the concentration of HCG is highest at that time. All other times of the day urine gets diluted.
Thanks Padma i realy hope this is it....it was funny she couldnt find my cervix i guess is tilted and downward so she had to call someone else to see if they can find it.....i joked and said does anyone else wanna come and look because there were four people looking at my vajay jay lol my 2ww has started :)
BFN. Not surprised as I didn't "feel" preggo.  Next round will be IUI #5.  I do not have insurance, so it is all out of pocket.  My fertility Dr. is willing to "donate" injectables for me this next time (was on Clomid) to perhaps give more follicles and increase my chances.  This is the LAST sperm sample I have...... talk about anxiety.  I am nowhere near my next 2ww, and I am already in a panic. =(
Last sperm sample maybe you should finance IVF. It would make me nervous too. I understand about the cost infertility is EXPENSIVE! I pay for EVERYTHING all out of pocket and it seems that my jaw drops when I hear the cost of everything and the clinic is like well this is the standard cost. I hope everything goes well Kelly!

Thank you.

I have never heard of financing IVF.  Not sure if that would be an option thought as I am unemployed and in school for nursing (at the non-traditional age of 36!) I might need to take out a student loan, maybe I could tack on some $ for IVF...lol, but I'm not joking!  How do you finance IVF?
Some clinic have financing plans for those (like us) that pay out of pocket, or can send you to a financing company that will finance it like you finance a car, they check your credit and tell you the rate of interest and vola' you finance the procedure.
I am not too far behind you I finished nursing school at age 28 after going to college part time, working full time and changing majors. I have been a nurse for 4 years. Good luck on your endeavors!
kelly ,

sorry to hear about your BFN:( It is really frustrating and devastating.........Infertility treatments can be draining in all aspects, financially, physically , emotionally.........I also have to pay for everything out of my pocket. IN India no insurance covers infertility........It is really taxing to worry about money on top of everything else. I am sure you will figure a way out and God will also show you a way out of it. Good luck on whatever you try next and I hope that is the last time you have to be in the dreaded 2ww:)) Good luck

I am getting nervous too now. I also do not feel pregnant at all and I am supposed to test on 20th. I very badly wanted to test today but my husband strictly said to wait till 20th. It is a good thing to wait . However whatever result I get will be correct because 20th will be 17dpiui. so no question of doubt.....
I am still praying for you, as we are in the same time frame. You will be in my thoughts as I am strictly waiting for my blood work being done on the 19th but I may not have results until the 20th. We will see! Fingers Crossed!
Thank you for your comments/information/and personal stories. Though it is nice to know you understand everything I can be going through,  I know you understand because of your own experiences....which pains my heart.

Holly79- Thank you very much for financing tips, it may become very necessary, however, I hope not.  Also, thanx for wishing me luck with schooling, I dont think I could do it with school and work like you did- I know that could not have been easy.

padma28, I feel for you that there is no insurance coverage there- when you feel like you are thinking/wishing/wanting/needing something that is so important in your life, the money issues are a major, unneeded stress.  I know you had mentioned God.  This time around, I lost focus on that, I was too worried about the (negative) "what-ifs".  In reality, God really has taken care of me in amazing ways, numerous times, and against all odds.  I had realized this fact (late) a couple times during this tww, however my mind didn't recognize that since God took care of me majorly, in sooo many ways, that in this "situation", God will take care of me too.  This next trial, I know I will not mess around and make sure to do as much as I can right, correct foods, staying healthy, and min. caffine for example.  I have paid attention to these in the past, but this time I am going to do any little thing possible that would make this next "little bean" come to me, and stick.  I want to be ready to be the best possible mommy I can be.

Holly and padma, I believe you are both testing around the same time, the 19 and 20.  I will make sure to put you in my prayers and think about you both getting you BFPs.  I hope knowing that I will be rooting for the both of you will come as a comfort and encouragement.

I do want to say, that leaving this message helped me to chase my blues away.  I was starting to really break down and cry.  I guess that is what sites like this are there for......  Though today has been a pretty bad b-day for me, your messages and comments helped to turn around my attitude and perhaps keep my teary break down away for a couple of hours. Thank you.

Baby dust to all.
Kelly ,

I'm so proud of you girl!! I know you must be heart broken but you have turned it into a positive thing for you and you have just the right spirit.....All of us go through life but only few of us manage to do it with the right spirit.....I wish for you that all your dreams come true and a few years down the line these disappointments will just be a small speck in a your beautiful life!! Good luck and take care..................
I know your pain. I have talked to a friend of mine ttc she said don't let the bad thoughts creep into your head like God has forgotten me, or why would my husband want me if I can't conceive. It is easy to fall into this trap of self torture. God loves us and even if he never fulfills this request to conceive if you stop and absorb all the great, and wonderful things he does for us every day is it amazing. I pray for good thoughts about how great people we are and that there is a special plan for us in His care. I test tomorrow, I have a feeling it probably is negative, but I know that there is a reason beyond my understanding if it is. I am traveling to see my mom this weekend and to either do the happy dance or cry on her shoulder. I am praying for happy thoughts for this group. ~Holly
Hi Holly,

Wish you good luck for tomorrow. I understand wht you are going through right now. This morning my stupid mind had me convinced that this is not my month:( However I am still trying to stay positive because we will never know till we test so why to jump to conclusions.....Anyway I wish this is our month and our struggle ends here....You will be in my thoughts tomorrow......I might also just do the HPT tomorrow just to get it over with . Never know............I will be praying for you ..............You pray for me too.......That is all we have right now.............
I will pray for you Padma!!! I know how horrible this long wait has been!
I found this on *********.com

I thought it was interesting for those of us gombas (like me) that test with a home pregnancy test too early.

A pregnancy test will measure the amount of hCG that is in your system. As your pregnancy progresses, the amount of hCG in your system will increase. At 10 days past ovulation, for example, the average woman has an hCG measurement of right around 25 mIU. This amount doubles to 50 mIU at 12 days past ovulation, and then doubles again to 100 mIU at around two weeks past ovulation. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity; if you use a home pregnancy test that is sensitive to 100 mIU, it will not tell you that you are pregnant if your level of hCG is only 75 mIU.

Good to know...just FYI
it blanked out my website...weird it was on ********* (dot) com.
well i guess isn't going to post that site. so strange
baby hopes
also according to website baby hopes

For the most part, if an egg is going to be fertilized and conception is going to occur, it will have to happen in a 24-hour period after ovulation. An egg doesn’t live much longer than that when it’s been released into the fallopian tube. If it does become fertilized, it will travel to the uterus for implantation.  As the fertilized egg travels to the uterus, it will continue to grow in size. During that time, its cells will divide and reproduce. That journey tends to last about 7 to 10 days altogether.

In some cases, you might be able to recognize a physical symptom of implantation. In some instances, a woman might experience a light amount of spotting or bleeding. This is known as “implantation bleeding.”

Implantation bleeding occurs when a tissue known as trophoblast develops around the fertilized egg. That tissue helps attach the egg to the uterus, and actually burrows into the uterus to allow the fertilized egg to implant. The tissue pulls the egg to the inside of the endometrium.  Trophoblast even invades the mother’s blood vessels and diverts her blood to the fertilized egg.  Sometimes, this blood will leak and this causes implantation bleeding.

All told, implantation will generally occur within 7 to 14 days after conception.
I did not do the test today. Figured I will wait for one more day. But I am going crazy............Just have to keep my sanity intact for one more day. Rest is upto God now.

Holly , you must be going for your BW now. Wish you all the best and thinking of you.............
I look forward to hearing wonderful news from you later tmrw or the next day.
I know I told you before, but U R IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

Thank you for the info. from "whatever" site that you shared, it was great and answered things I could not find elsewhere..

I feel confident in saying that we are all here for you, to hear great news from you, and to provide support.

I want tmrw to be your day.

#padma28- hang in there, be strong. I will sent you a msg tmrw for your test on the 20th-

No one here is "alone", and here you can be understood, baby dust to all.

Kelz
Thank you Kelly,

Your words really help. Honestly. This morning I noticed a little brown spotting in my underwear. (Sorry if I am being gross) . It cant be implantation because it is too late for that. Also my period never begins that way. So dont know what it is . But whatever it is will know tomorrow right? So for today my plan is to just watch Gilmore Girls DVd's and crochet which is my favourite:)) Tomorrow is another day!!
No need of getting scared of IVF treatments. It is safe and will surely help you to conceive the baby. Many Hospitals offers a wide range of services such as Basic infertility assessment, Surgical correction of pelvic pathologies, IUI, DI, IVF, Blasto-cyst transfer, Frozen embryo replacement cycles, and Surgical sperm retrieval other services. You can go for anyone of the services mentioned above.
at Padma I know today is the day but to be honest I am so very nervous about it I had a nightmare that I quit my job, it was very vivid. I don't know if that is too late because if you are 17 days past iui and you didn't actually drop your egg until 3 or 4 days after iui (note sperm can live up to five days) and you can get implantation bleeding 14 after conception, it would be right on time. So lose hope...one more day.

at Kelly I found all the information above on baby hopes. I like posting the website so people can reference the information for themselves. This journey can be so expensive and lonely.

Have a great day group, my God bless us.
Thank you Holly,

Dont worry I will be praying for you.Maybe the dream that you quit your job may mean things will be fine and you quit bec you will be a stay at home MOM:)) There is no harm in clingng to hopes and thinking anything is a good sign:)) Anything to get through these last few hours. Give mesome good news Holly...
I am also trying not to lose hope. Whatever it is we will know tomorrow and God is with us , hopefully.
That be awesome! I totally would love to be a stay at home mom! I am hopeful as well I need to call the doctor's office this am and get my blood work - hopefully I will have results this afternoon.
Stay hopeful Holly and Good luck!!
So ladies , I will be testing tomorrow morning , that is , in about 8 to 10 hours............Feeling very nervous and scared............Pray for me ladies ............I keep thinking it will get easier but it just gets more difficult everytime..........Lets see what happens tomorrow................

Ladies, I did HPT and as always it was Negative. I dont know what to do. I have waited for very long , I dont know how muchlonger I can wait. I am in a position now where I am scared to try any more and scared to stop trying. Anyway I am just blabbering .

Good luck to all the others out there trying , Holly , let me know how it turned out.
Dear Padma,

Just read your post i am sorry about your negative. I know how you must be feeling but all I can say is dont loose hope i am sure one day we all will have healthy babies.  Just have faith in God. Take care and dont take stress.
Well as I suspected the lab had to send off my blood work and it will not be available until today. cost $238.00 jeez everything is so expensive. next time I may tell the md to just let me do a hpt. I am not really thinking it will be positive. I am a bit doubtful, but I am leaving town tomorrow afternoon and I may not be online until Sunday evening so I probably will not be able to share my sadness or happiness until then. I hope you guys have a great weekend. I am sorry about your pregnancy test padma...I know how it feels I have already taken two and both were negative so I am not super excited about hearing my results. Good luck my friends and baby dust as always to the group.
Holly, hold tight, enjoy your weekend- it is all out of your hands now.  I know it is impossible, but try to forget the test yet be hopeful. I have been hoping for the best for you.

padma28, I am sorry about the hpt, I am reluctant to tell you to keep your spirits up, but if you implanted late, you might still be "in".  If not padma, I know all of this is frustrating- yet from your posts it doesn't sound like you are ready to "give up".  This time around, my Dr. ofc said that it may take 6months to a year.... with other factors decreasing odds, like age in my case.  Going through this is consuming, I find it hard to do anything else. I obsess, search the internet, and symptom spot. Until I hear different, I will pray you implanted late and BFP is a miracle.  

Baby dust to all, KELLY
Padma

Are you going to do your blood work today?  I will be praying for you,  dont give up please.  

Holly Good luck on your results!!!  Keep us posted

Kelly good luck, i know this is not a easy journey to take!!!!!!!

Good luck ladies i will be praying for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelly ,

Thank you for your words. I have also given fora blood test . So will knowfor sure by the evening. However I have started spotting now. Thick brown discharge. Not like blood at all. Though my periods never begin this way , you never know........And my history with these things is not good. In the 7 yrs that we have been trying ,nothing good has happened. I have alsways , always , always had to see a negative only. Dont know how much longer I can continue this. I think 7 years is a good enough time for God also to relentbut he seems to have given up on me. Everytime I do everything the doctor says , as she says . No caffeine, no heavy work, Never miss a dosage of medicines. I dont know what more I can do . I produce good eggs that fertilize but I never seem to implant in me. At this point I am feeling like if IVF didnt even work, back in 2011, I dont know wht will ......... Thank you for your support through all this.......Yo uare an amazing woman Kelly.

THank you all you ladies for the support I have recieved through this forum. I hope I have been of some help to you all here....

Take care and good luck to all ..............
I have sent you a message also Ann.
Hi Ladies,

I am 6 weeks pregnant,,,,,, still in shock, but over-joyed!!!!
God answered our prayers... i am so blessed.

After 5 years of trying it finally happened, keep the fait ladies, it will happen on Gods time, not ours. God is Good.....

i wish all you beautifull ladies all the baby-dust in the universe.....
THat is really great news!!!! Congrats !!!

Was it IUI or IVF or natural!! Whatever it is it is good news. Any positive is a morale booster here , just a reassurance that we may still have a chance!!

Enjoy your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead and a wonderful miracle child or two:)
Ladies just an update,

My BW was also negative . It was actually kind of funny!! My beta was 0.09 so I felt like the BW is not just saying that I amnot pregnant but it is just hitting me on the head with a mallet and yelling NOT PREGNANT!!! My husband and I had a good laugh about it . It was the first time all of yesterday we smiled. But today I am better and geared up for the next cycle which will be IVF. My doctor said since I will be turning 33 next month it is better to not waste any more time in IUI. so there we are ............

Good luck to all you ladies and I wil be posting here only in future, keep you updated about my situation.That way I will also be abreast or your situation . You guys seem like my friends who absolutely understand what I am going through. In fact whenever I talk about you guys I refer to you as my internet friends to my husband.
I'm sorry padma.  Im glad that you and your husband were able to find a way to laugh.  This process is so stressful and consuming that it important not to lose yourselves in it.  Laughter is a great way of keeping you grounded and connected with each other.

Please do keep us posted on your next cycle with IVF.  I also consider you my friend.

You will be in my prayers,

Kelly
Thank you kelly. will do:) I will be praying for you too. What have you decided to do next?
Well, this time around my dr. is donating the injectable Bravelle to me for my iui. I am not sure what else they may give me (I don't know if you take clomid with the Bravelle).  I will use Ovidrel (again) to trigger.

What worries me is it is the last sperm sample I have, we purchased 5.  My situation is a bit different.  I am not married, my father has funded these 5 iui cycles, mainly because he doesn't like my boyfriend.  He didn't want me to make a wrong decision with this guy just because my biological clock was going bonkers.  My dad is right.  So, I am not trying naturally.  I will be out of school in another 2 years and should be able to get a job with insc. to try IVF- however I would be 38/39 then.  I feel I need my baby to have my DNA.

As crazy as it sounds, I am almost thinking of asking some guy friends to help me out... lol

I am praying this cycle will be my turn, as I haven't come up with a good alternative plan. =)

Look forward to hearing from you.
Kelly - wow for $1500-$2000 a pop...I would be like  hey friends! Help a girl out! I don't know you do have a boyfriend,  I wonder if I would rather be knocked up by him vs a complete stranger. I don't really know how much the samples are, but I suspect they are expensive. I would get the iuis but I would have sex as often as possible and tell your bf if you did get pregnant he wouldn't have any obligation. Because you may be able to conceive just fine on your own. I don't know that is a tough situation.

Well guys as I suspected...my test was NEGATIVE...I had a hunch and aunt flow is just adding insult to injury by making me cramp and be miserable today.

Padma I am so sorry about your negative too! I feel your pain. I am glad that you can laugh about it. I have to laugh about it too..sometimes.

Well I talked to my dr today (yes he called on a Sunday and talked to me like 10 mins) he consoled me and asked what I want to do. I am taking a month off...to let my body relax, save up a little, and for a little less stress. I am overweight and I think I am going to really diet and lose 20 pounds this month and try not to bury my negative result with chocolate ice cream! Don't worry I will be you guy's cheerleader until the end of August. Baby dust to you all!
Hi  Kelly,

Was thinking about your situation. I think it wil be a good idea to ask your guy friends for help . If you have known them for long and know they are nice people it can work but it is a huge favour you will be asking htem for so be prepared for the worst.Make sure you dont spoil your relationship with them in the process.It is very difficult to find good friends:) I am going off topic:) You situation is slightly complicated but trust me there have been wierder situations that people have come through. So you will be able to work things out. If there is a way you can get IVF financed or something I think you can go in for IVF straight away. How many IUI's have you tried actually? I will be praying for you Kelly and I hope everything works for you:: Good luck

Holly ,

So sorry to hear about your negative. This time my AF also came right on time. I also think it is good to take a break to give your body and mind some rest. About your weight loss make sure you dont reduce drastically. I'm sure you will do it in a healthy way only:)

About me , right now I am also taking a break from ttc and concentrating full time on adoption. I am talking to people who have adopted children younger than 1 year . All my energy will be channelised towards this now. I have more faith in adoption than in getting pregnant. I also fear that the longer I wait to adopt , the older we will get and it wil become all the more difficult to get an infant. So that is it right now.

I will let you guys know how things progress. You girls also say in touch. whatever you decide to do my best wishes are with you :)) Good luck in everything :))
it was an "almost " natural cycle. it was in the time when i took my break from all the injections, meds and cycle monitoring, my body was exhausted and mentally i couldnt take anymore BFN.....

so i decided a month ago to try DHEA, well, not even a month later i got my BFP.... i was amazed.

i have been on baby asprin for the past 3 months, so you can imagine the shock when i poas and saw 2 really dark lines starring at me.... lol

i am so thankful, yesterday at church we went up for a special blessing, it felt so good, after all, its all Gods work.

I wish all you ladies all the baby dust possible,,,,
keep the faith, it took me 5 years of Operations, meds, iui, scans, and actively ttc,,,,,, it can and will happen....

xoxo
You know my mom is catholic and I was visiting her and went to her church and I got a special blessing as well yesterday. I concentrated on all my blessing, and not this one request that God for whatever reason denied. I felt good when I got up although my back is killing me.

I had a friend with a clotting disorder and the only way she did get pregnant is by taking baby aspirins. She is a sweet lady with a story about her miracle baby.

Good luck Padma with IVF I am thinking it may be your answer. I will be 33 this year also in Dec and hope that I will be able to handle more pregnancy hits or misses.

I think they will increase all my meds this next round. Girls they gave me clomid with the injectable follistem as well as the trigger shot. Clomid is such a more affordable drug $18 is a nice bill vs $385 for the injectables.
Hey Hol,

Thank you!! However I am not too excited about IVF coz ihv had two failed IVF's !! One with fresh embryos and one with frozen. I am glad to hear about Drs giving you Clomid. My god, who knew infertility will be so expensive:( I just wish you are successful this time. I hope to hear good news pretty soon:))
Dear Melenita,
Congrats. Good to know about your pregnancy. Thanks for motivating all of us. Take v good care of yourself. All the best and good luck.
Dear Padma,
I know how it feels but go with the open mind for IVF. I wish you good luck and will pray for your Positive. All the best.
Dear Holly,
I have read your post. I am sorry for your negative. You have made a right decision of taking a break and loosing weight. Even i was overweight i lost 11 kgs gradually. In my suggestion  don't go overboard with your diet Take proper balance food cut down on sweets and fried food. At least 5 days a week do any activity like walking , cycling. Include lots of salads and fruits in your diet. Regarding pregnancy wish you good luck and all the best.
I am sorry about your negative, even when you have a feeling that you know how it will turn out, it is still crushing to have it confirmed.  I feel taking a break will be a good thing, especially if your mind/body is telling you so.  Also, losing weight can be a healthy decision- and dropping a few pounds will make you feel better. Losing weight is also in my plan for this month, tonight I ate whatever I wanted, and am finishing up my last glass of wine (hopefully for 9months!)  I go tmrw for my baseline ultrasound, and the cycle begins again..... and as you know, this last iui is soooo crutial to me.  This time around, I am taking everything very serious, I will treat my body like I am already pregnant.  I will watch what I eat, and get some exercise.

Thank you for your support with my plan "B".  Hopefully it will not come to that, but if it does, I will use your words and make "help a girl out!" my catch phrase.  =)

You are in my thoughts...... may this break be exactly what you need to get all you want!!
I read your tips to Holly79 on losing weight.  I am taking this last iui seriously, and am planning on treating myself as if I were preggo.  I like the idea of getting some exercise for atleast 5 days per week.  I will challange myself to that, and hope for the best of results!! At the very least, it should make the tww go by a bit quicker (I hope!)

Thanx.
Thank you Pearl:) Right now we have decided to take a break for a while but whnever I go in for IVF I will go with an open mind. How are you doing? What are your plans? Whatever you plan to do I wish you the best of luck and hope your dreams come true:)
Wow, after 5years!! Congrats..... I am happy for you, and enjoy the positive story.  Thanx and best wishes.
Thank you for your support with my plans of asking people to "help", I know that this is going to be my 5th iui, and I could not expect anymore help from my father- he as done as much as he could to help.

I will up date you tmrw after my appointment, I have a few questions to ask my doctor with regards to trigger timing and EWCM and how impt. that is for iui.

Padma, my heart goes out to you.  I enjoy your posts so much and know you have been through alot.  I know it is hard to not get discouraged, however I am sure God has a plan for you, and it will all make sense, it is easy to not see were things are going.

As always, thinking of you.
Dear Kelly,

All the best for your IUI. I know its difficult for us not to take stress but as u said its ur last IUI pls dont take any stress.As far as possible try to engage your self in any activity. All the best . Have faith in God. Good Luck.
Yes its better to take a break.Well if u rem i had mentioned that i had got only mild spotting for 2 days later my beta hcg was also negative. my doc had advised me to go for an ultrasound in that they found one cyst.Later on Friday i got my proper period it came after 14 days. Doc has suggested some hormone test on the day 2. Thanks to God all my reports are normal. Now will meet him this week most likely he might suggest me to go for one more laproscopy this month. lets see. You take care and i would suggest you to enjoy your break with your husband.Just don't take any stress. I have notice one thing taking tension,stress is not going to solve our problem, Just leave all these things to GOD i am sure sooner or later he will answer all our prayers.  
Pearl thank you for your post! It is really good that all your reports are normal. Good luck for your next try:) I am just relaxing and enjoying the break..... Working towards adoption.....I am quite positive about it))
Good Morning,
Good to know about that. Well reports are normal but will have to go for an operation again, may be next week. Today my doc will finalised with the date. This will be my 3rd laproscopy.Hey are you from India?
I 'm sorry to hear that. I just had one but nothing happened even after that. They just found tuberculosis tissues in my uterine lining. I was under medication for that for about 6 months.

Yes I am from india. Delhi:) You too from India?
Yes. I am from Mumbai.
hi guys. i have some questions that i wanted to ask you guys. in june i had 1 iui canceled due to not responded very well to follistim. my eggs only grew to sizes 11 and 12. Then in July, the doctor decided to increase my injections and i had a 19 and a 15mm follicle. i took the triger shot and went to for my iui, but unfortuntely the DS was bad and i did not get to do my iui. I just started my period this morning :(. I feel like something is always on my way when i try to get pregnant. i feel very sad and hopeless. Should i try this month again??? Please help me. Back in 2011, march, i had 1 failed ivf and in 2011/9 one failed iui. I feel very hopeless and think that maybe i dont meant to have children.

I just found this community.  I'm so grateful.  I did my first IUI last week.  So if I'm understanding the acronyms, I am 6dpiui.  I am having hyperstimulation of ovaries due to the drugs.  I am 39 and my husband and I have been trying for 3 years.  I'm really hoping this works.  But the 2 week wait is killing me.  My doctor told me to wait until 15dpiui to have a blood test for pregnancy.  And I'm pretty certain I won't be doing a home test because I don't want to deal with the false positive thoughts that I might have.  Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope we all can report a little ball of love in the future.

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this blog but I have been reading the entries and can relate to so many of you.  I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with fibroids?  My doc says that I have fibroids in my uterine lining which are causing problems.  I had both a myomectomy and hysteoscopy to remove some but they were unable to get them all in fear of taking to much of my uterus.  We just tried our first IUI and I am on day 5.  Has anyone else had fibroid issues?
Thanks for your help!!

readyfor babyb
Hello!  Sorry I cannot bring some light to your situation, since I never had fibroids issues... but I do hope this IUI brings you a BFP.  Stay positive...
Hello!  Thanks for sharing part of your story with us.  This is a good venue to look for some support and encouragement during this process.  Stay positive and try to keep your mind away from the 2WW, sometimes we get so caught up in it that we forgot about others.  I wish this cycle works and we can read about your BFP soon.  Blessings,
Hello! So sorry to read about your struggle.  We are all in the same boat at some point or another.  But there are a lots of successful stories out here.  Don't give up.  Sometimes it is good to take a break and take care of your body (emotionally and phisically), remember all that plays an important role.  I also thought at one point I was never going to get pregnant, never to see how it feels to look at a BFP, but God had mercy on me and he gave allowed me to experience this wonderful blessings.  I was TTC for almost 3 yrs... and everything I've tried failed.  I did 4 IUIs and in the last one, I got my positive and I'm now 5.5 months pregnant.  I continue visiting this site, because they gave me a lot of encouragement during my process and helped me to just vent when I was extremely frustrated.  So I feel I need to pay back and support others in this difficult path of infertility.  WIth all that I wanted to say that it is possible, that God is still performing miracles every day.  Don't give up, keep your head high and take care of yourself.  Blessings!
I just had a laparascopy/hysteroscopy about a month ago and the Dr said that he found and removed 1 polyp from my uterus.  I'm not sure if that is the same thing as fibroids though, but he said that it should help with implantation.  I had to take last cycle off per the Dr and am waiting for my next period.  I have had some dark discharge, but no flow and am concerned that maybe that was it and I wont have a cycle this month- guess I just have to wait it out.  I have had 5 IUI's already, and the Dr said I can do 1 or 2 more since my surgery but after that I need to look into adoption or IVF.  I hope your IUI is successful and that those fibroids aren't a problem!  Make sure to keep us posted!  Prayers all around :)
Hi ladies I am 27 and my husband and I have tried for 1 1/2 to become pregnant. I took clomid twice and on the second round I was getting ready to ovulate. We did the IUI. My question being the dr told us to wait 16 days but it is killing me to know how soon did y'all test after? And did y'all have and symptoms?    
Hey Kitty!

I'm also in my 2WW and it's driving me nuts - everyday seems like the longest day ever and I even went to bed last night at 8:30pm so that I could get onto another day! LOL.  I have read many many things that say testing too early is not good, will only get your hopes down.  My RE said I can do a HPT 3 days before my AF is due, and I have to go see him exactly 14 days from my ovulation for a pregnancy blood test.  Wishing you baby dust and keep us posted!!
Hi, everyone! It looks like we are all in the same situation. Over a year ago, we found out that we were expecting. This was a shock since we had been married for eighteen years, and my husband had testicular cancer since we have been together. We just assumed due to the chemotherapy that children were not in our future (we each have a child from a previous marriage). Needless to say, we lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks and two days. For over a year now, we have been trying. Since March we have been going to a RE for treatment. I have luteal phase defect, so I am on progesterone for half of every month.He does have a low count, so he is on meds to increase his sperm count. In May/June, we went through  our first IUI treatment. That month we were on clomid that resulted in four follicles (19 mm, 22 mm, and 29 mm -- the doctor was astounded at the size of the largest). But, the treatment did not work. The next month (June/July) I did not even ovulate or produce follicles. The doctor said it was due to stress! That previous week my husband had been out of town and I had to deal with several problems -- ie. copperhead trying to attack me and my dogs in the yard. LESSON -- try to watch your stress levels! Apparently, this affects fertility. UGH!!!

Now we are on the third set and hoping that I am staying stress free enough to produce the follicles. We will find out on Saturday morning if they worked. The doctor is using Clomid and Menopur injections. I hope it works. If it doesn't, then I will have to deal with the stress of returning to school (I teach HS English) while trying to get pregnant and keep it.

THANK YOU, ladies, for all your posts! They give me hope and help me to feel a bit better that I am not the only one struggling through this.
Thank you, Yanira1... Hard for people not in our shoes to understand how us feel. I wish you a smooth and healthy pregnancy. I am still trying here.
This is my 3rd attempt for IUI. I had the IUI done on July 29, 2012. I started spotting pinkish discharge yesterday morning. I thought I am gonna see that big RED soon. I thought the IUI didn't work. I was kinda feeling sad until last night. I couldn't give up without a fight so I did a home pregnancy test and it indicated that I am pregnant. I had two digital tests and they both showed "Pregnant". Spotting actually stopped since last night. Is this a good sign? I try to reach my doctor but no responses yet. The triage-nurse told me if bleeding get worse I should go ER but it stopped. The triage-nurse as well told me to rest as much as I can and drink a lot of fluids. My previous doctor returns my messages very quick but this one ...How can she make me wait and wait. T_______T. Since the spotting stopped and I don't really feel anything else so I think I will go in to have a blood test and see how my hCG numbers. I really hope this will be a healthy pregnancy. Wish me luck... I really need it. Thank you.
YEAH!!!!! I am soooo excited for you! If it were me, I would lay low until you can get into the doctor's office. I wish you the best of luck! You have given the rest of us some hope. :)
Hi Candy! I am so excited for you!!!! this is just wonderful.. You know.. I had the same issue, I was pregnant but spotting and I got scared.. but the next day it was all gone.  So stay positive.. I am sure it will all work out!.  Keep us posted and blessings your way! ^.^
Thank you. I had lab work done this morning... Waiting anxiously for my hCG levels...
i am looking for a cycle buddy. i started gonal f this morning for my iui.
hCG was low. Got negative HPT this morning. :(
I am sorry candybar- I have been waiting to see what your results were. This is not easy, and set backs feel like heavy blows- but, plz try to keep your chin up.  You are in my thoughts.
Hey !

I have read your story and others as well . I am new to this forum but already feel that there are people who will understand me .

I had conceived in nov 2009 and than immediately had a miscarriage since than i am trying but no luck . I had my first IUI on 31st July i have completed 2 weeks have slight symptoms of AF did home pregnancy test yesterday it was negative I still want to believe that it will turn out positive though i have slight cramps and other symptoms of AF as well . I was on Naturogest progesterone DONT WHAT TO DO WAIT FOR FEW MORE DAYS FOR AF
Hey Nishu,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your HPT. I was also on naturogest during both my recent IUI's. It is a vicious cycle. IF you dont stop Naturogest many times you wont get AF but till you know for sure you dont want to stop it right? So I would suggest that you go for a blood test and then do accordingly.Only a blood test can tell you for sure .  I hope things are good for you. But if not , dont lose hope. Stay strong. I have heard that it takes more than one IUI to achieve pregnancy . So since this is only your first one ,it can stil happen for you . Good luck:)

I tried for 7 years including IUI's and IVF's . Nothing worked for me . So now I have stopped all that and have decided to adopt .

Candybar, I am so sorry about your result. Stay strong and hopeful . I will pray for you .

Hey Kelly, How are you doing? You must be inyour 2ww now. TAke care and good luck.
I went for my pregnancy blood work this morning- waiting to hear now.....
(worried, scared, and hoping for a pleasant surprise)
I am in shock.  I thought I was for sure out bc my boobs stopped hurting and had af cramps!  Beta at 92 on 13 dpiui!  I do not know about what this number means, but they said it was a good starting #, 2nd bw on Tues to make sure it rises......... I really don't believe it.

FYI- I have no symptoms.  Boobs stopped hurting.  No moodyness.  No tiredness.  No gas/indegestion.  No intuition.  No implantaion bleeding.  No head/back aches.

I did notice constipation- which is new for me.  A sore throat that lasted one day on 10 dpiui.  And AF like cramps 5 dpiui till now...

OMG!!!
Hey Padma ,

i guess you are right i should not loose hope as it was my first IUI .Finally i not pregnant this time .Lets see what god has in store for me .

7 years is really long time ...I can understand how tough it must have been for you .But your decision is good .my best wishes are with you . All the best .

Hello Kelly

so what is the result of your blood test .Hope it was positive .
Hi ,

I have been adviced for HSG ...have any one you gone through it ....is it painful ....what i understand it is an X-ray with dyes ...and might be painful ....Kindly let me know should i take any precautions for this .

Lil scared .
i had my HSG in 2011. i am not trying to scare you or anything, but my was very painful. i almost cried, but my sister recently did her and she said it was not painful for her at all. so i guess its also depend on your doctor. good luck.
I had one done, I didn't feel anything.  I think it depends on if the tubes have any blockages as to if it hurts??  Not really sure though.  It is a good think to have done.
Hello - I had it done twice....last year and it is very uncomfortable, but hopefully it won't be that bad for you. In my case I had a blockage so the 2nd one was kind of painful because they were trying to open it up.  I wish you the best, I think that it is a good thing to do (besides the pain or discomfort), this way you will know if everything is fine or not,
Update:
8/17/12  BFP  beta 92
8/21/12  bw #2 346

So far so good, I am going for bw #3 on Thursday....  I still cannot believe it.

Only feel AF like cramps every couple days, some constipation (sorry if tmi), and increased urination (some days worse than others). No other "normal" pregnancy symptoms...

Thinking of all of u- Kelly
Congrats!!! that's awesome!... great numbers!
Viewing 7801-8000 comments: