Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ivf and acupuncture timing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

ivf and acupuncture timing

We are getting ready to start our first IVF cycle and my question is this--when doing IVF is it recommended to do acupuncture the day of the retrieval AND the day of the transfer? And if so, how long before?  
I'm doing acupuncture now (to no avail, it seems) but I'm trying to come up w/ a plan for doing it w/ IVF as my acupuncturist is like 45 minutes away from my RE.
My RE is in Tarzana--if anyone knows a good acupunturist that specializes in fertility in the San Fernando Valley, let me know.
Thanks!
My RE recommended a treatment 30 minutes prior to transfer and another immediately after, so that's what I did. I can't say for certain acupuncture made the difference, but I'm now 8 weeks pregnant. Good luck to you.
Did the acupuncturist come to the RE's office or were the offices close?
Also, did you do acupuncture the day of the retrieval or just the day of the transfer?
I was doing acupuncture once a week as soon as I started my stims, and then a couple of days before my retrieval and the day after my transfer. I continued once a week until I was 9 weeks pregnant.
Thanks! I hope it works for me, too
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers