Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
low amh level & chances w/IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

low amh level & chances w/IVF

This is my first time ever posting...or joining anywhere for that matter. I was told today that my AMH level is .03, yet we were encouraged to try at least one round of IVF before donor eggs were discussed. I would love to hear any similar scenarios (good or bad) just to know what to expect. I thought I had done ample reading and was well informed about the process, but after today I feel like I have been thrown in the deep end and very overwhelmed. Any clarity of what I am about to take on would help...
Hi!!

My AMH is 0.71, and apparently that put me into the range where I would only have a 50% chance of 6 or more eggs in IVF!  I'm 37, and have a son, 4, and daughter 18mths.  I'm trying for baby#3!  I've nearly finished my first ever IVF.  I moved to IVF when I had two failed IUIs.  I had conceived easily with IUI  for my children, so reckoned more IUI wasn't going to work. This IVF, I only produced 6 eggs from 7 follicles, but the reason that happened, my RE told me, is because I was on a higher drug to ensure I didn't ovulate.  I've had problems ovulating early for my IUIs, so the buserelin was kept at a high level to suppress my ovaries.  If I had been on a lower dose, I should have gotten about 12 or so eggs.  What age are you?  And what is your day 2 FSH level and estradiol?  These all figure in too.  What I would say to you, is to go for it, definitely, trying with your own eggs. Even doing just one IVF cycle, with give you an idea of how much ovarian reserve you have left.  If you get enough eggs and even fail, it may work the next time.  Also, remember, having low ovarian reserve does not always go hand in hand with having bad egg quality. I have read of many women on various forums, who have been given all the bad figures and stats by their doctors, but have gone on to have success.  AMH and FSH can only give an idea, it is not 'gospel'.  I think it's great your RE is encouraging you to go for IVF.  He has faith in you.  Definitely go for it!!!  

Good Luck!

Marietta

Thank you for the response! Still trying to get a handle on all of the tests, abbreviations, numbers, schedule, etc...so overlook any incorrect labels I might use! My doctor said that he didn't believe I would have success with IUI because of the moderate approach they take with the stimulating drugs (to avoid high number preg.) I am 36 and have never been pregnant & am still waiting to have the FSH test done. After the other bloodwork results and the multiple vag.s-grams, the doctor did not seem optomistic about my ovarian reserve. I am curious why our percentages differ so much - you said you were told 50% for six or more and I was told less than 20% and that he would be suprised by more than 6 (in response to my questions on freezing process). With our funding being limited on how many times I can attempt IVF, I am nervous about the odds being so against us. Thank you for the words of encouragement - somebody has to be "20%" that it worked for! Good luck with your IVF!
Hi!!

I think when ovarian reserve gets low, and we're in our late thirties, it's best to bypass the IUI step, and just move up to IVF, as this gives the highest chance.  You are lucky you can get some funding.  Having two children already, I don't qualify for any funding at all, so it's getting really expensive!  Also, where I live, medical insurance doesn't cover anything to do with fertility.  

Do you have the graph showing the AMH levels, with the green, orange and red zone?  If your AMH is .03, then you're in the red zone, but at the top of the red zone.  You know though, all these figures can't be totally relied upon.  I had three IUIs last year - the first IUI was cancelled, because I grew too many follicles.  I was only on minimal puregon, but I still got 10 mature follicles, and multiples was a real risk.  I was given the option of converting to IVF, but I didn't think I needed to go to IVF at that time (silly me)!  Just before I did that IUI, my FSH level was 8.  My next IUI was nearly cancelled due to lots of follicles, but they coasted me for a few days (that means a few days with no meds), and they got me down to two mature follicles.  That IUI failed, I thought because I felt like I ovulated before I even too the HCG trigger (the last injection you take before IUI or IVF, to take the eggs to maturity).  The next IUI, I seemed to be OK, and I grew three mature follicles, and a few smaller ones, but this one failed, and I was sure I ovulated a day and a half after my IUI was performed.  Anyway, after two failed IUIs, I knew this was it, I needed to take this up a step.  Last November, my FSH was done again, and my AMH was also done (I'd never had this tested before).  To my shock, my FSH was 10!!  And my AMH .71!  I couldn't believe my FSH had gotten so bad in just a matter of months, BUT, a doctor on this forum did tell me that FSH levels can show as higher if you have just used fertility drugs, which I had!  Anyway, I'm telling you this, especially about my IUIs, because even though my tests haven't been good, I still did grow good numbers of follicles on low stimulants.  My first IVF has just finished, and I had embryo transfer on the 25th.  I ended up with four fertilised eggs, and one of them was put back on that day.  My clinic changed it's policy a few years ago, and routinely only puts back one embryo if it is of good quality, and the woman has not had more than two failed cycles.  My three other embryos are still being cultured to see if they make it to blastocyst, the stage an embryo is at just before it implants into the uterus wall.  I'm trying to be hopeful, but expecting the worst, as it's only my first IVF.  My chances of conceiving when I did my IUIs were only about 20%, but I still got my babies really easily.  My chances at IVF this time, my RE told me, of actually giving birth as opposed to getting pregnant, are around 20-25% - this isn't high, but he said because my follicles are behaving more like a 40year old, then these are my chances:0(  If I had been a 'normal' 37year old, then my chances would be around 30-35% apparently.  But even though my tests weren't good, they don't really correlate to the follicles I produced, so I think you have to have some hope also.  I think I told you that the reason I only grew seven follicles for this IVF, was due to the fact I was on a much higher dose of buserelin.  This drug was used for me to suppress my ovaries, as I've had trouble ovulating out of time with the protocol.  So in fact, my RE reckons I could have grown around 13, 14 or more follicles.  So I think you have to really keep in mind that they can do all the blood tests in the world, but it doesn't always mean they are right, or that we won't respond well to the stimulants.  I really hope you give it a go with your own eggs.  I'm by no means knocking anyone who has donor eggs - it's wonderful, but just give yourself a go, and see what happens.  Miracles definitely do happen in the world of fertility!!
Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me, ive posted a few questions on here about estradial levels and no-one seems to know what im on about! Ive been having really long cycles and so had blood work done.  The doctors told me that my estradial was 110 and a little low but nothing to worry about and they will check it in three months!! ive researched this and 110 would suggest its really really high!! I rang to double check she said 110 and she definately did but just said its a little low and nothing to worry about! Can you shed anymore light on this please and what estradial relates too please! Im only 25 so hoping its not meaning that i have poor ovarian reserve just yet!!

thanks
Gosh, I'm trying to think what mine was.  A couple of years ago, before I conceived my daughter in 2008, my estradiol had risen quite high, and they told me this was a problem because it meant my ovaries were working harder.  I've just had a look at my old notes, and my estradiol (E2) on day 2 was 215.  The clinic told me it should be under 200.  When I conceived my son, back in 2005, it was 160, and I was told this was OK.  The strange thing is that last year, I had my E2 tested (because I'm trying for baby #3), and they told me it was 68!?!  All I know is that it is sometimes suggested that a higher E2 can suppress the true FSH reading (it can make the FSH figure appear lower than it really is).  There are also conflicting studies that say when you're menopausal, your E2 (I think) is low, but then they say that a high E2 is bad!?!  I think a lot of these tests are worthwhile to an extent, but to rely too much on them, and you shouldn't let them put you off fertility treatment.  Looking at what I've got here, I would think you E2 was totally fine, BUT, it could be that the levels are interpreted differently in different countries, and this could be the reason for the discrepency.  I live in New Zealand.    Anyway, don't anyone tell you you have poor ovarian reserve yet just because of some blood tests.  I know of so many women who have had their AMH, FSH figures sky rocket, and they've gotten pregnant!  And if you don't like your clinic or doctors approach, find a place that is good for you!  Get a doctor who is passionate to go on this journey with you.  Good fertility doctors have empathy, and only want their patients to get pregnant:0)

Marietta
Hi there,

Thank-you soooo much for your reply! Thats really really helped and given me a really good idea of what it should be! i think from your help that they are probably right and 110 is slightly low!  Ive rang and had my appointment brought forward so will question this face to face at my next appointment.  Im so grateful for you digging your notes out and having a look, i had absolutely no idea what the result meant and every bit of research i was doing through google was throwing different possible ideas at me letting my mind work overtime and worrying me!!!

Thanks once again and i wish you all the best of luck with your IVF.  How far along are you with your IVF?? I think i will end up going through IVF so i may pick your brains some more later on!!

xxx
You are so welcome!!!  A good thing to do when you see your doctor is to take a note pad, with all the questions or things you want to talk about, because sometimes it can be overwhelming, and you can forget things.  Doctors are totally fine with this, and often expect it!  

I'm doing my test on Feb 5.  I don't feel confident at all, as I have lots of menstrual like pains, but it is hard to say, as I also had these pains with my two previous pregnancies, and also with my two failed IUIs last year, so it really could go either way.  Whatever, I will probably do another IVF.  I'm also waiting to hear if any of my other embryos got to blastocyst, or got frozen, as that will give me a bit of hope.

For sure be in touch.  It's so comforting having other women going through the same thing.  

Marietta XOX
Hi Boudreau,

I noticed you're in SC also.  I was reading your post and I continue to be amazed at the different things women are told in similar situations.  I am 38 yeares old.  In December I got my FSH results of 17.3 and AMH of 0.2.  I was told I had less than a 1% chance of having a biological child even with the most agressive meds and IVF.  I was given those results and the donor egg speech about 3 minutes into the office visit.  (Are you by chance in the Charleston area?  I am and I know of only one Fertility Clinic there.)  I came out devastated and angry at that RE.  I wondered if he was bias towards me due to the fact that I was pursuing single motherhood.  Anyway, I arranged to see a different RE in NC who agreed with the first RE's diagnosis but was much nicer about it and willing to work with me.  I ended up getting pregnant naturally in January.  My "research" lead me to believe that my chances were just as good naturally as they were with ART and I didn't want to skip an opportunity since I was looking at around March to start any actual ART.  I have my first ultrasound on 2/8.  I am continuing under the care of the NC RE at least through my first trimester.
Hi Baby Jazz,

I just read your post and it encouraged me a little. I wanted to sare my story. I just turned 34 and three days ago I received a shocking news of FSH 32, AMH 0.03! I can't believe this can be true, as I have never had these low values. I have been always very disciplined with attending a gynecologist, always checking hormonal status and nobody else before told me that I have a problem and I should not loose time. I should probably tell you that I was pregnant (naturally concieved) 3 years ago and  i lost my baby in a very advanced stage. Ever since, I am fighting with the hormonal values of FSH and E2, but nothing of this type. I am angree at my doctors (SO MANY OF THEM!) and I am at the end of my reproductive age according to these results. Could you or somebody else tell me, have you had any experience with such high values of FSH and extremely (theoretically 0) value of AMH? My ovaries have never been stimulated, nor I have been considered as IVF candidate and now suddenly I am advised to go for egg donor option?!!! How can I accept this? It is fully out my concious, call me selfish or poor, but this I can not absorbe that easily or shall I say not at all!. My husband too.... I am so sad and angry at the same time. My head is killing me for three days in a row, I can not think positively and I have lost every reason for living. Honestly. Nothing makes me happy. I am a doctor btw, coming from a south-east country in Europe where medicine is ok, but not on such an advanced technology level.

I would be grateful of any comments, thoughts and experiences on very high FSH levels, low AMH and biological pregnancy.

THANK YOU!
I just wanted to post a positive story. After 3 miscarriages and a couple of IUI rounds with clomid, my AMH was 0.7. the head of the fertility in london, (best in the uk) told me i would have to do 10 IVF cycles to get a baby. I did two IVF cycles and only had 3 eggs from either of them, and only 1 fertilised egg from each cycle. None of them took.

Very frustrated and sad,  I took 7 months off of all fertility drugs,  detoxed, did acupuncture and got my AMH tested at the end of that period and it went up to 2.4x. Still low but better. I did IVF for a third time, only 2 eggs fertilised but both were top quality and I had a baby girl last May.

Now, two years later, I am 36 and my AMH was just tested and its 6. Still in the low but signficantly better. All the fertility drugs I am convinced make your results even lower.  As an aside, I just saw a specialist here who advised me that for women with low AMH below 2 or 3, he advised TTC naturally rather than doing IVF because the uterine lining gets destroyed by the drugs used in IVF making miscarriages even more likely.  

I would reiterate that this AMH test is so new that doctors advice around the globe differs alot so try your best not to take any doctor's advice as the holy grail. I felt like it was never ever going to happen for me and it finally did. it will happen for you too and i would advise trying naturally or doing IVF (with acupuncture) for as long as you can hack it  before starting down the egg donor route.

I have been reading all your stories and information on the hard road to get pregnant, we have just gone to a fertility clinic for help because we have been trying for 3yrs to have a second baby. I have just recieved my AMH results and we are devistated they are 0.03. I dont know any of my other results all iv been told was that they were all good and i was nowhere near the menopause !!!! We have been told we "could" try drugs but the outlook is not very good.Is there anyone who has had similar results and had a full term pregnancy.
hi, i had an AMH of 0.45. Which devastated me. I'm 31 and no children. I however managed to have 8 follicles and of which they retrieved all 8 and thankfully all 8 turned into embryos. I felt very blessed at that point cuz i was really in the dumps. The key is to superovulate on a high dose. I've done 2 cycles in my first cycle we did the antagonist protocol and that gave me 10 follicles, but we retrieved only 6 and only 3 embryos. But the cycle worked well from a superovulation point of view. That was not a successful cycle for me. I did the 2nd ivf cycle with the short lupron cycle and used a very high dose for superovulation. We used 4 ampules of Menogon and then went up to 8 ampules. I was ready to give up when my scan showed only 6 follicles and the doc then suggested we up my dose. My husband was really the driving force as my doc and I were ready to give up. So try not to worry and discuss both protocols with ur doc and see what will suit u better. Feel free to ask me anything. I did alot of reading online on the different protocols. To understand what was happening. After my first cycles i changed docs also and i think that impacted retrieval and fertilization better.
I am 41 yrs old, last friday we got the bad news about my AMH 0.3. Our hopes to become natural parents were gone ... After reading this coments I feel a little better :) , we have to get a second person to carry the baby (surrogate mother) so is more difficult but our hopes still positive!... if anybody in the chat room can give us an advice or recomendations on how to improve my AMH . I was thinking today in acupunture.Did anyone knows or had  expirience positive results? pleasee help me .
My fsh was 7 and we were unexplained..one son from our 1st follistim/BD cycle..had low progesterone (4.9)) but upped progestrone and he hung on.now after 2 chemicals ..one from an ivf ...we just got  our amh results and they were a 0.3 ..i was advised not to worry about donor eggs at this point..started DHEA and acupuncture..my RE seemed failry optimistic..(I am 37) that with some changes we have a good shot....we r also going to do oil progesterone and suppositories ..am i crazy for believing him? I am in NY and using a good clinic..i think! We r paying out of pocket and that makes it crazier!
I'm only 28 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years with 2 miscarriages.  I just found out that I have a FSH level of 18 and my AMH is 0.1!!!  I can't believe that my levels are that bad even though I'm so young.  IVF is probably not an option for us financially.  Is is possible for us to still get pregnant naturally or with meds?  
Hi!!

Gosh, it's really hard to say when you'd strike it lucky going naturally, but I guess you could!!  These tests can't dictate 100% how you are likely to respond to drugs or IVF, and I've heard of some women with higher FSH levels than yours who have still been successful.  What you should remember is that these two measures are apparently to do with your ovarian reserve, not necessarily the quality of your remaining eggs.  At 28, your eggs should still be pretty good quality wise, so I would discuss it with your RE if you are seeing one, and see what he recommends.  

All the best:0)
I had 3 miscarriages in 10 months at 5, 6 and 12 weeks. My partner and i went though every available blood test. My AMH came back at 0.8 - we were encouraged to do IVF (not funded) and we got 10 eggs (5 mature) at collection. Although all 10 fertilised, after 48 hrs all but 2 had arrested. We had the best one put back in, a 6 cell with fragmentation. It didnt take and our specialist recommended us to think about an egg donor. My sister had offered which is amazing and we are going to do this later on this year. We are still trying naturally but not falling which is so frustrating after falling 3 x in 10 months. We just wanted to try once more naturally before we do the donor egg. I have absolutely no reservations about having my sister donate but i am so worried that i will still m/c. I guess we will have to work though this and go into it with a positive attitude!
That is so disappointing, the miscarriages.  I have two children, 4 and one, but my AMH is now .71, and I'm worried now that even if I do manage to get pregnant, I'll miscarry.  I've never had a miscarriage, but I feel now that my egg quality is a major issue, so I know this is a high possibility.  I'm currently doing my second IVF cycle.  My first one, I only produced 6 eggs, and one 'top' quality 8-cell was replaced, but for whatever reason, it didn't take and the rest of my eggs arrested on development to blastocyst.  I'm hoping to try assisted hatching this time, if I get any suitable embryos.  I'm sure so long as your sister doesn't have any fertility problems, then the chances of you miscarrying with her embryo wouldn't be high.  It is a great idea for your sister to do this!
All the best to you and your journey:0)
I had my first appointment with a fertility specialist on June 8th... He said that the ultrasound looked good... my AMH level was 0.7. The nurse said that it was very low but that after the HSG on 6/23 the Dr. wants to proceed with follistim injections. Everything I've read about AMH levels makes me think .7 isn't as hopeless as the drs say. I found a chart that says this is so new and not many studies done but that .7 is LOW NORMAL. (I was suprised because with PCOS I should have had a very high level????)  

I am anxious for wednesday to get here so that I can have the HSG and talk to the dr and nurse about the blood test results. From what I keep reading, it doesn't seem as if there's any indicator... but just try for the best and hope it works.  

Glad that there are places to go to get encouragement and advise... now I just need to learn all the abbreviations! :-)

(I was diagnosed with  PCOS and Hypothyroidism at 19, I'm 37 now. Tried clomid 10 years ago with no reaction.)  
hi , i have just been tested for a p00r amh level 0.14.doc said no chances of getting pregnant .i am 32  ,she said  i would have to look for donar. please suggest if there is any hope for me..can i use my own eggs!!
HI EVERYONE!!!!...WELL I AM VERY NEW TO THIS ALL,AND I NEEDED SOME ADVICE.MY HUSBAND AND I ARE NEWLY WEDS,BUT WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 4 YRS.WE'VE TRYD GETTING PREGNANT FOR ABOUT OVER A YR NOW AND STILL NOTHING,I HAVE IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES SO IM THINKING MAYBE IT JUST ISN'T MY TIME YET, OR I DONT KNOW.IM 19YRS OLD SO IM WORRIED THAT IF IM NOT GETTING PREGNANT NOW WHAT WILL THE FUTURE BRING FOR BOTH MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND.WE JUST BAUGHT A HOUSE AND WE WANT TO START A FAMILY,IVE TRYD INFERTILITY PILLS ONE TIME JUST TO REGULATE MY PERIODS AND THEN CLOMIPHINE TO HELP ME OVULATE THE FIRST CYCLE DIDNT WORK.AND I DIDNT WANT TO GET BACK ON THE PILLS AGAIN BECAUSE THEY MADE ME FEEL SICK AND MENTALLY DISTURBED I WAS ALWAYS EMOTIONAL,MOSTLY ANGRY.WICH IS NOT LIKE MYSELF...WELL TO MAKE A LONG STORY SEEM  SHORT WE ARE LOOKING INTO IVF WE HAVE A CONSULTATION THIS MONTH SEP 20TH,SO PLEASE IF ANYONE WILL SPARE ME SOME ADVICE...

GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL
I am 36. My amh was .7.  We did a medicated cycle with timed intercouse.  We did follistim, novarel, estrace, and progesterone and the first cycle worked.  I am now 15w4d pg.  Even with low amh it can still happen with a little help, good luck to you all.
We also did femara.  
I just wanted to post another success story. My AMH level when I was 36 was .4. I had a terrible response on long lupron IVF protocols as well as microdose lupron. I switched to the estrogen priming protocol and got 10 eggs the first time. It was a BFN but we tried again. The second time we got 11 eggs/8 embryos. That cycle resulted in my beautiful son. Now, we're trying again for baby #2. My AMH is lower still (.3) but I still have hope that it will work once more!
I'm 29 years old with severe endometriosis amongst other issues.  My husband also has a low everything (count, mobility, morph, etc.) due to having measles and mumps as a kid.  So after I healed up from my second laproscopy & hysteroscopy our doctor (who is the ARTS director at the hospital) recommended we go ahead and start with IVF with ICSI.  Considering my age and the fact that the endo shouldn't effect our chances much we were very optimistic, but we ended up getting only 6 eggs and none of the eggs fertilized even with the ICSI.  They didn't test my AMH levels in advance due to my age but I just got them back and found that mine is 0.3!  I'm so frustrated because my insurance pays for none of this and who knows how many tries it's going to take!  Anyway, I just wanted to post this to let you know that I got 6 eggs at .3 so it is possible.  I just hope we have better luck next time around!
My AMH level is low .6 and my doctor told me to go for donner egg and my age is 37 but my quality of eggs is good  and also saying that  AMH determines quality of eggs and embryo is it right?.

-Anita
My AMH is 0.4. We are starting IVF in May 2011. I am so worried and tensed and I wish my eggs work. :(
You might look into taking DHEA.  I have read conflicting things online, but I'm trying it.  I'm 38 and AMH less than .01.  I was devastated when I found out it was so low, but we are trying IVF.
Hi there. Please could u tell me where are you trying ivf?
hi there. where are u going to try ivf?
My partner of four years just found out that her amh is.4 and is worried that she won't be able to fall pregnant. When I asked dr what was our best option he suggested donor eggs. Any advise would be great.
Cheers

I am also 38, with no children. I received the devastating news 2 months ago that my FSH was 11, estradiol 220, and amh 2.94. I was told IVF was a waste of money and my best chances of getting pregnant was through egg donors! I was shocked, upset, and angry! The doctor's bedside manner was horrendous! We then decided to go to a private fertility specialist and he recommended me taking 75mg of DHEA and to come back in a few months qnd retest my amh and hopefully try a cycle of ivf. I am also seeing an actupuncturist 1x week. The whole thing is horrible when I see everyone around me get prgnant so easily it's heartbreaking! Any advice or stories would greatly be appreciated!

i know how horrible this is 4 us women n such an amotional road, im just 25, i had my tubes clipped a yr ago, back then my fsh level n ovarian preserve wher great n waz awaiting ivf, now its time 4 my ivf, my ovarian preserve had gon to 0.2 :( very strange, im so angry, my gyne said he thinks maybe the op has killed all my eggs in one ovary when they unstuck the ovary from my pelvis, it isnt a defo just a maybe,, he said 0.2 is around 200 eggs left, n that we r born with a certain amount n yet iv read that we r born with an ammount of cells that become eggs by cell division called meiosis,, im going 2 talk with my gyne about this, im so scared, n im scared 2 b angry with him, can any1 help with any of this , ty
I am 37 and have also had the devestating news on My AMH of 0.1. We have tried 2 rounds of IVF this year and my body has not responded at all.  I am currently going to a Natropath and We are going to give it one last go in September for IVF.  
GodBless !!!!! And I pray everyday that a Miricle will come our way.
When starting Fertility treathing you would think they do your AMA Levels as part of the process not wait 14 months later then do it after 2 failed attempts of IVF.
I am 35 and just completed a round of egg retrieval, went in with 15 measurable follicles and only came out with 6 eggs.  Out of those 6 we only got 4 that grew to perfect 8 cells embryos.  We have to wait a couple months to go back for the transfer... but we are extremely hopefully!  
hi, iv read loadz of ur storys, n i cant beleive doctors advise dona eggs, my amh is 0.2 n my gyne hasnt even mentioned dona eggs, i say as long as you have sum, ther can be success,  n if some of u are trying natrualy, id reccomend the clear blue hormone test, witch tells you when ur you ovalate, best time to get pregnant, it showed mine, but sadly my tubes were blocked. also if ur periods are not regular, thats a good thing,so iv been told, and alimarie23, your story touched me so much, im only 25, wher do u live?, i realy think u should be funded ivf by the nhs, my amh is 0.2, n i do feel like my time is running out, i had 2 hav my tubes removed n ther for, nhs are funding my ivf, i am realy greatfull n i feel so lucky, i hope u have a succses story, if ur tubes are fine thers chance u can conceive natrally, but i wudnt wait, iv only just seen storys of amh levels going up 4 women, id love 2 understand how, ?
I am 43 years old women. I had 5 miscarriges since 2005(natural pregnancy). My last miscarriage was in June 2011. I have done some investigation in UK and Us and all doctors said everything is ok and it was bad luck. After the last miscarrige i had some more test and they told me my AMH is about 0.7 and my stupid doctor said it is so low and you need donor egg while when I searched on interent compare to my age(43), it is quie normal for my age as I am not 18 years old anymore. I really do not know if some one can tell me approximately how many egg left for me and is it possiblem all my eggs are poor. I can not believe since 2005 my all eggs were poor. It is so hard as I do not have any children and at this stageeverything seems black.
Agree with you that your doctor is stupid. why would he ask you to go for donor egg when amh is 0.7. there are many women going through IVF with amh lesser than that. mine is 0.46 and i am on my way to IVF. what about your FSH and LH and is everything else ok such as no cysts and no PCOs. if your insurance covers you should go for IVF with your own eggs sooner without wasting much time. good luck.
I wish your doctor chooses a right protocol for you this time so that you respond well. i am 33 and amh 0.46 and didnt respond to IVF antagonist protocol in the first attempt, now doing a micro flare protocol with low dose lupron. will know our luck this time in august. i wish your cycle works this time. good luck. lots of best wishes with babydust.
what graph are you referring to that shows.03 at the top of the red zone?
thanks
Your response has given me hope.....

My FSH has been anywhere from 6.9 - 29 and my AMH is around .17.  I am a 33 year old female who has been off the pill since January of 2010.  I am extremely athletic and my most recent body fat was found to be 8.5%.  Needless to say my periods have been nonexistent since I went off the pill.

Last fall my fertility doctor was extremely hopeful for IUI treatments.  My husband and I sought nutritional counseling in an attempt to regulate my body on its own.  In the meantime, my resting heart rate began to drop and doctors wrote it off as a result of my athletic lifestyle.  Two doctors have now told me since my testing in September that I am in premature ovarian failure.

I just had a pace maker put in last week because my resting heart rate dropped to 28-30 beats per minute.  My nutritionist believes that the reproductive system is the last of the body's worries if it is trying to survive.  My husband believes that by allowing my body to finally receive the proper blood flow, my body may revive.

The fertility doctor says that we have a very very very low chance of conceiving using IVF but he is willing to try.   I am praying for a miracle.  
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to give you all little hope to improve your AMH levels. In August my AMH was .17 ng/L after taking DHEA for 6 weeks it has raised to .714! Still low but quite an improvement. I have also been taking antioxidants, wheatgrass and eating super healthy diet with no wheat or dairy, only hormone free meats, and organic veggies. My FSH has also dropped to 5.6 and my days 3 E2 has also dropped to almost normal levels.   Careful comparing AMH rates as there are two different scales in USA and Europe/asia. My level is .714 on ng/l which is 5.1 on pmol/l. I highly recomend anyone who has low AMH try Dhea. I haven't had any side effects at all. I will do my second IVF next month. I am 41 years old.
hi Alexandran , AFTER  READING THIS ( we have to get a second person to carry the baby (surrogate mother) so is more difficult but our hopes still positive!...)

I am vivek from INDIA you can try in INDIA FOR surrogate mother

I just seen a doctor and he told me I do have a 5% chance to have a baby. FSH levels are the first one was 38 and the second was 16. AMH islower than 4. I am 37 and a irregular period. I do not know what to do. I am so sad and angry. I am from Turkey and I just believe there is a way to have a baby. According to my doctor over here NHS wont fund for the IVF tretamnet due to my results. Please help me if any idea?

I just seen a doctor and he told me I do have a 5% chance to have a baby. FSH levels are the first one was 38 and the second was 16. AMH islower than 4. I am 37 and a irregular period. I do not know what to do. I am so sad and angry. I am from Turkey and I just believe there is a way to have a baby. According to my doctor over here NHS wont fund for the IVF tretamnet due to my results. Please help me if any idea? Could you please give the doctor and hospital name. Thanks
Stinna1013  
Oct 12, 2011
To: Marietta
Your response has given me hope.....

HI, what kind of training where you doing? .. What where you eating/taking?.. protein shakes?.. Suppliments?.. Fat burners?.. Ever had any eating disorders? How hard where you training?.. did you burn out?.. .. you are in my prayers.. how are you?..
Well...I have been crying all evening until I read everyone's posts.  I got my results today, FSH 11 and AMH 2.  I have never been pregnant and I am 38.  They want to go ahead with IVF but they say I only have a 5 to 10% chance.  I have started DHEA and I should start the shots etc at the end of December.  Im hoping my AMH goes up but this whole thing is an emotional roller coaster.  Thanks everyone for lifting my spirits and I wish you all the best!
just read about your experience and would like to know who was your fertility doctor and who did acupuncture to you (hope it is not a secret); i live in london and just learnt that my AMH is 0.7 which was presented in a very depressing tone as if almost like next month I might become infertile. Never thought that AMH can go up and this is what you say!
At the moment I am having some acupuncture sessions but would like to hear about other practitioners just in case i do not feel any big change with this one.

thanks in advance and lets hope i'll be as lucky as you are....
IUI will be better for you than IVF...talk to your doctor and get to a fertility acupunture office and fertility mediaition.  
My iui cycle was cancelled do to overstim...has anyone ever had this happ but continued meds anyway n triggered?
Good day everybody.  This is my first time posting and also new to these "words"(shoe! It's a mouthful ne). Me and my husband will be married for 4yrs this year. Since the first year we've been gynea's in nd out.went for Op to clean out my womb, nothing happened. Then went for 2 IUI's with no luck. We decide to try a other gynea.  After all I went through this gynea tells me my Amh levels are low.   I'm so frustrated for waisting my time and money on those guys. In 2weeks this gynea could immediately tell me what my problem was all these time.  I'm 35 yrs old no children never been pregnant. The void is getting bigger and bigger. Any hopeful advice from u guys  
Hello everyone,
I m from canada nd My AMH is .16 and FSH is 11. My doc told me I have 1% chance by natural and suggest me abt ivf. So, I would like to give it a try. I thought abt using donor eggs becoz I don't trust my eggs as my AMH is very low. Could any one please tell me, if I use donor eggs, is AMH still important in this case. I want to use donor eggs becoz I can't effort to do ivf several time. I m doing it one time with donor eggs. Good luck everybody. Being a mother is the best blessing you can ever get either it's ur own or u use donor.
Hello Everyone,

I am from India. I am 30 and I have undergone 4 IUIs in the last one year. Nothing successful.

Yesterday collected my Blood reports to find out that my AMH level is 0.3ng/ml. The report shows reference range as 0.3-0.6ng/ml as "Reduced AMH level".

Doctor has suggested Laproscopy and Histeroscopy in this Cycle.

If I get an IVF, is there are any chances of conceiving?