Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
meds for ivf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

meds for ivf

OK I was curious about the meds for Ivf, my insurance covers Ivf, but does any one know if the meds are covered, or do I have to pay out of pocket for them?
It depends on ur insurance i had to psy out of pocket
My meds are covered for 2 attempts only (less now since I have been claiming meds for my IUIs) but procedures and IVF itself are not covered. I'd rather pay for the meds than the IVF!

I have noticed a huge discrepancy depending on what province and state people live in. It is really unfortunate to have this issue we face, be so un-standardized. Check with your job benefits and insurance, you never know and may be surprised. It seems a lot of people have IVF covered by insurance but that doesn't happen where I live.
My insurance covered most of my meds. I only had to pay a copay of $117. My ins covered the menopur, folistm and pregnyl 100%. I had to pay $50 for Lupron, $50 for my progesterone supositories, $15 for Estadial pills, and $2 for doxycycline. You should check with your insurance company as they are all diferent.
Oh, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois HMO if that helps.
Thank you  for your comments, my ins company covers Ivf, I'm going to call them and ask about the meds