Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ovulation and Shettles Method

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

ovulation and Shettles Method

This will be my first month off BC soim not sure if I will ovulate as I normally would.. I got a ovulation test and my LH levels have still not spiked yet... on the My Cyles app it predicts me to ovulate this Monday... I am wanting to try the Shettles Method to try and increase my chances for a boy.. has anyone else done this? Do you only ovulate for one day? What does the high fertility leading up to ovulation mean?
hey I'm right with you I'm off my birth control too. I don't know what the shettles method  is though. I've heard to increase your chance for a boy have sex the day you ovulate on. or the day before. I'm trying for a girl already have 2 boys. and the high fertility saying you're talking about me and you could ovulate on any of those days. I have the ovuview app. just make sure you test with your ovulation test everyday. as soon as you get a positive have sex.
well I messed that 1 all up sorry. the higher fertility days mean you can get pregnant on any of those days. but I would still take the ovulation test everyday. I would start trying on cd11 & cd17. (if you have a 28 day cycle). Just to make sure you do get prego. For a boy you want to have sex close to the day you would ovulate on. but there's always a 5050 chance. I'm not a doctor either so I don't want to give you any bad advice.