Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnancy after fallopian tube removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnancy after fallopian tube removal

How are the chances of pregnancy after fallopian tube removal with icsi.If anyone has that expeience pls help.Had 3 Dnc and one fallopian tube removal procedure.and how much time frame left before trying for the next procedure of icsi
So do you still have one open fallopian tube? If so, you might be able to get pregnant without doing IVF/ICSI. And even if you do IVF, ICSI might not be necessary. Do you have any other fertility issues? How about your partner?
Thanks for your response.I have one fallopian tube open but the doctor still have removed one blood clot from the right fallopian tube during surgery.i dunno if that fallopian tube is good.how do i find that.actually my partner is having some motility issues.so we may have to go for icsi.
OK, I see... If the motility issue is bad, ICSI might be the way to go. But if you want to check whether or not your remaining tube is open, you could ask for an HSG. That's a procedure where they monitor your uterus and fallopian tubes via ultrasound as they fill them with a dye to see if it flows freely. But if you're going the IVF route, it doesn't really matter if the remaining tube is open or not, so I guess it all depends on what you guys decide to do.

Does your insurance company cover IVF? And are you seeing a specialist or RE?
As you mentioned,since we are opting for ICSI i may not undergo the test.Insurance coverage is over.We are just thinking abt the finances for the next cycle.I may see a Specialist by september or october .SinceI need time for the finances.
HI Ladies,
What is ICSI?
i have had two ectopic pregnancies ,and have had half a tube removed,what are my chances of having a normal pregnancy again....
I've just had an ectopic pregnancy and I've had the tube on
The right hand side removed and I was told by the surgeon that the left fallopian tube is not viable. will I still be able to get my eggs harvested for ivf?
I also had two ectopics and my left tube removed. I was worried, but three months after the surgery I became pregnant again. It is in the uterus and I am now 9 weeks along. Don't give up hope.
I had my left ovary and my left fallopian tube removed and i just need to know how are my chances of getting pregnant.
Having tubes removed makes no difference to the way eggs are retrieved for IVF -  I had an ectopic - ended up needing both tubes removed.  We went through IVF and now I am 9 weeks pregnant on our first attempt!   Good luck to you all.  
Iv had two babys since a tube removal second was a lot harder an now havin fun tryin for the third lol so don't worry n take ur time. :o)
I have no tubes but the most recent one was taken out in august, is there a possiblity i could have been pregnant before they did the surgery? because they never checked and ive gained 20 lbs and have no period since then at all. any clues?
Had my right fallopian  tube removed due to it being infected with fluid it swelled to 8cm my still got my right overy and still got my left side everything is normal i have unprotected sex all the time but not been caught yet its puzzlin me its. Been 8 week since my surgury any1 no why this cud b happeningx
did you have it through IV or natural.  I do not have any tubes and I do not want anymore children, but I am 2 weeks late anda little worried.  I am suppose to have a hysterictomy next monty.  any idea
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers