Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnancy after stopping clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnancy after stopping clomid?

I have been on clomid for 5 cycles, ovulated the last 3 but did not get pregnant. dh and I have 2 children, no help in getting pregnant with them. I did become pregnant last year(naturally) but both ended in MC-one in March and one in Oct. both at about 6 wks. I don't have any health cond. such as PCOS and everything seems normal otherwise. My cycles before clomid varied from 32 to 50
+ days. Has anyone become pregnant after clomid or after 2 consecutive MC? We would like to avoid other medical intervention-ins. doesn't cover IVF or IUI
I'm in a similar boat as you. My ins doesn't pay for anything either. I have read that many women's cycles get regulated from taking clomid. If that works for you, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to conceive. Also, many, many get pg during a clomid "break". It does stay in your system for a while after you stop taking it, too.  Early mc is far more common than the general population realizes. Many have had them and don't even know it. They just write it off to being a little late.
Hello, I am in the same situation. I have a 2 year old. Before him, I had 2 miscarriages and 1 after. I got on Clomid again a year ago (was on it when I got preg with him) and this was my last month on it with IUIs and fsh shots. This was my 4th clomid/fsh insem with no luck. I always ovualated multiple  eggs on Clomid but I was on it for a year and I think it  was maybe making it harder, although I don't think the IUIs should have beem affected since it bypasses any hostile cervical mucus that clomid may produce. I am 35 and frustrated as to why now I can't get pregnant. I am not going to be on clomid anymore. I too check  out fine with my tests and my husband has a great count. But, to answer your  question, I got pregnant with my son on clomid after 2 miscarriages prior without clomid and a miscarriage  after him when I wasn't on clomid.  They also say clomid is best the first 3-4 cycles. I got preg with my son on the 3rd cycle and it was a easy pregnancy and a healthy baby! You have a great chance, on clomid, since you know you have a successful pregnancy. Good luck!
forgive me, I'm new to posting on here but what is your situation on ttc? I just have to say it is so helpful coming on here and reading about other's situations. you realize you really aren't alone
thanks for the insight but my last round of clomid was in June so now I feel like maybe it won't happen. Isn't it strange how some women get pregnant so easily, and how our bodies can be so stubborn when it has already happened?  My two very good friends just found out they are pregnant and one is having twins! and of course neither of them were trying. it makes things even more frustrating. good luck to you also...what's your next step? how far along were you with your miscarriages if you don't mind my asking. did they ever do any testing on them?
I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I was on clomid for three months and on sunday I found out I was just over 7 weeks pregnant, but there was no heart beat. I had a miscarriage starting the same day and they kept me for two days. Does any one know how long you usually bleed after having a miscarriage? Has anyone else had this happen? And did anyone conceive shortly after return to clomid?
I had 2 different m/c -the 1st one seemed longer, about a week with bleeding like af and then tapered off but the 2nd m/c I had VERY heavy bleeding for about 2 days and then spotted for about a week. both were natural-I wasn't in the hospital, and both happened right around 6 weeks. I was on clomid for 5 months total but never conceived on it
has anyone become pregnant naturally after stopping clomid? I was on it for 5 rounds but it didn't work. does it "mess" with your cycle after depending on it for the time you were on it?
I took clomid last year in July and I became pregnant naturally in September unfortunatly ending in MC in Oct. but my baby was conceived after coming off of clomid.
i had a mc last aug 2010 with 6 wks and no heartbeat then i've started clomid just dec 2011 but i'm really feeling the side effects with severe headache and back pain . does anyone felt the same thing even on 50 mg? i'm planning to stop it and try naturally for maybe 2 mos. my oby doesn't know what else she can do for me so maybe i'll take clomid again after 2 mos and try naturally again. i just hope it works.  
Everyone is different on clomid.  For me I didn't feel any different on 50mg, but after 100mg, I had horrible hot flashes, horrible heavy periods and mood swings.  At work I found myself hiding in the bathroom crying or wanting to rip someone's face off.  When they upped it to 150mg, I felt as if my ovaries were going to explode for a solid week.  My sister and cousin had similiar side effects.  Just be warned, a month or two after stopping it, you can still experience side effects.  I have....my last dose was in Decembern5 2011, and I still have horrible hot flashes.  As some mentioned above, my sister conceived my niece two months after stopping clomid...and she never ovulated on clomid.
Well i am a sucess story!!  I do have pcos but i took clomid for 8 rounds at 100mg  I o'ed every month but did not get preggo so i went to see an RE and she put me on synthroid (said my thyroid level was a lil high) and metformin.  aFter taking these 2 things (without any clomid)  i fell pregnant and delivered my baby on Dec 2!!!  We too also have a 6 year old that we concieved with no problems!!  SSBD to you.  It will come :)