Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnant?

I am 45 and have not had a period since Jan 1st. This is unusual for me because Ive always be regular. Ive been reading alot on menopause and from what I understand that in premenopause your periods can become shorter or longer but they dont just stop. I also understand that the start of menopause is hereditary and all the females in my family started theirs in their mid 50's.I have no other signs of menopause but missing my cycles. I took a menopause and a pregnancy test a week ago and both were negative and still no period? I guess I will take another and if it is still negative then I need to go see someone. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It is possible that you are suffering from premenopause which is the phase in a woman’s life just before the onset of menopause. The common age for experiencing these symptoms is around 45 and this phase can last for one to six years. In addition to menstrual changes there may be other changes like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, night sweats, headaches etc.Are you also having these symptoms? If not then the other causes of missed periods like hormonal imbalances, ovulation dysfunction and thyroid disorders should be considered. Seek medical opinion. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Hello, and thankyou for your advice ;) Anything is possible. I was under the understanding that I would follow the age of menopause that the females in my family had started theirs. Also I had a complete blood panel done a few months ago and nothing was abnormal except for my sugar and red blood because im anemic and hypoglycemic. I just think that its odd to have normal 28day cycles and all of the sudden with no other symptoms to just not have a period. No spotting no cramping no nothing...But again I appreciate you and I do have an appt soon so I will keep you posted on the updates.