semen analysis at home?
Has anyone done an at home semen analysis test?  If so where did you get it & do you know if it was accurate?  dh had his tested a couple of months ago and it was very low (4mil) he has made some big lifestyle changes and has been taking several vitamins & herbal supplements.  I wanted him to get checked again but I thought maybe we could try it at home this time.
Sorry, I have never heard of an at home SA test. That sure would be great though! Hopefully accurate too.
My husband and I did Fertel...it is $100 and it contains a female and male testing kit.  You are able to buy just the male one on their website.  However, my husband I performed this test at home and mine came back fine (ovarian reserve) and his came back as, well, basically go see a doctor!  So we did and he had a professional one PLUS a testosterone test as well and they came back normal.  It is suppose to be 95 % accurate, and granted, we may not have, how do I say this nicely.....well, deposited the speciman into the container...correctly!  LOL!  So just make sure you following the instructions on that because it can affect the results.  The male test is $50 I believe and they have a great website!
To test the semen at home you need to buy a suitible microscope (very expensive!!!!) and learn how to analyse the semen.

I don't belive there is any reliable SA test for home use.

Mmm...  I did one at home, but I'm a geneticist.  Actually, I did it in my lab.

Learning how to do the semen analysis is pretty easy, but you need a special slide that costs about $100, a clicker, and the microscope is pretty expensive as me2angels mentioned.

You'd probably spend less just getting one done at the doctor's office provided insurance helps out.

Sheri
I did one at home, but it wasn't a full on SA test.   THe one done in the docs office checks a ton of things. The ones they sell over the internet or in the drug store will tell you if the count is greater than 20million per ML.  

We bought ours over internet and I've seen them at CVS - called Male Infertility Test.   Cost about $45.00

Otherwise you cannot do a full on SA at home.  You can't check things like motility and what not and those are important factors in the SA.  

But the ones to use at home will give you an idea where you're at.  
Well I suppose you could do a full-on SA at home if you're a geneticist like sheri1972, but duh...most of us aren't .  You can get one at CVS or Walgreens and it will tell you if the count is high enough...otherwise things infertility doctors want/need need to be done in the lab.
Hi Islandmama!!! I don't have any experiences with at-home SA...but just wanted to see how you're doing. I hope everything is well with you!

:-)

I've heard of Fertel and it is raved about in fertility magazines.
thanks for all of your imput!  I sent dh to the lab today, that definitely is not my area of expertise!!