swollen fallopian tube
i only have one fallopian tube, and its swollen and my doctor told me i cant pregnant, but they cant tell me why its swollen, my questin is has this ever happened to anyone? and what caused it to be swollen and were u ever able to concieve without ivf? about 2 years ago i had an hsg and both of my tubes looked fine, then in may i had an ectopic that resulted in the removal of my right fallopian tube, and now all this, i dont understand why my tube was fine and now its not, what changed.
Hi seems like we both are in the same boat. I had an ectopic pregnancy 11/15/09 and I lost my right tube so I am now left with my left tube and 2 ovaries. When i was in surgery my doctor said she noticed my left tube swollen she had no idea why and that it could be because of the ectopic on my right, still till this day i have no idea what exactly caused it. She gave me some medication while i was in surgery to make the tube go down back to its normal size. She recommended that before i try again to do a HSG procedure to see how the tube is and that if its still swollen i would need to think of IVF. i went 2 weeks ago for the HSG which some ppl say its painful I experienced nothing, but the fertility specialist said my tube is fine not swollen and is open. He could not tell me though why it was like that seems like nobody knows. I am just worried because we are going to try on our own again and if i do not get pregnant within a year then imma think of IVF. IVF is really expensive, i just think maybe my tube was swollen bcause of my right one and Imma leave it as that since no doctor can tell me any different. I am worried that it can be okay today but what about next month what exactly causes a tube to get swollen? I am just keeping my faith and leaving it in gods hands.
Hi girls i too have only 1 fallopian tube due to an eptopic 5 years ago.My right tube was removed but i still have the left tube and 2 ovarys.I am nearly 41 and me and my fiance have been TTC for nearly 1 year now.We have had all the tests and everything came back normal except my HSG which was inconclusive so i now need and laparoscopy.The doctors at the fertility clinic gave us a 5% chance of conceiving naturally.Looks like IVF might be the next step though.I always knew with 1 tube it would be difficult anyway but i will never give uo hope.I just want to offer you ladies my support and best wishes.bev xxx
Ladies,

I wanted to let you know I have a friend who concieved via IVF & had twins over the summer. She only has one tube & one ovary.......and again yes, had twins.
I do have to say it did take 4 IVF's though........don't lose hope.
thank you every one i am not losing hope i will continue to try but if no luck comes my way within a year then i have to see what other options i have. IVF is a lot to think about because that is not a very cheap procedure i have to say. I am still young so I am in no rush right now. good luck to all who is TTC lots of baby dust to us all!
Hi All ,I had an ectopic on my left side in june, and I was treated with metho, got dissolved, in oct my doc advised me to go for HSG, I have done and found that my left tube is swollen and she wants me to go for Laparoscopy  surgery before I try my question is , is that really required. will the swollen tube creates any problem, can I leave it for some months and try again.......am confused can any one provide me the answer please