Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
vasectomy and fertility drugs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

vasectomy and fertility drugs

new here....hopefully this can be answered.....my husband had a vasectomy about 3 yrs ago, in that time i have not gotten pregnant....but he had an affair--the woman was on fertility drugs and got pregnant at the time they started the affair....now 10 months later there is a question as to who's child it is--my husband's or her husband's......my question is----is this even a possibility that a vasectomy done 3 yrs ago result in a pregnancy because of the fertility drugs??
i know that vasectomies have the possibility of not taking, but in that time i have not gotten pregnant....but factoring in the fertility drugs.....?
Tags: vasectomy
Welcome Aboard Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's affair.  But one thing doesn't fit right, does the woman he had the affair with know that your husband had a vasectomy?  At first I was thinking ... why would she be taking fertility drugs if she knew he had a vasectomy?  But I re-read your post and I saw that she is married also.  And what makes you think it's your husband's baby?  Is she accusing him of being the father?  It just seems strange for her to say the baby is your husband's if she knew he had a vasectomy.  And to answer your question about the vasectomy, I have heard about VERY small chances of failed vasectomies but that still wouldn't happen JUST because of the fertility drugs. Do you have any fertility problems that you know of?

It's probably more likely that it is her husband's baby but you never know.  I'm sorry, I'm sure you alredy know this but the only way to know for sure is to have a paternity test.  

I hope you can ease your mind and find out soon.  

Trish

i had a vasectomy 13 years agp. every time i have a semen analysis they find sperm in my ejaculation. its only about 7 million sperm and there not motile. my wife wants another child how can i help make one