Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Planning after Depo

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Planning after Depo
Hello, i was on the depo for around 4-5 yrs, i came off it to start a family. My periods have come back after around 1 1/2 years. Since then my periods have been regular as clock work since Nov 12. We always try during the ovulation time but i still havn't fallen. Should i go to my drs about this or maybe wait a few months. My partner and i really want a baby and i can see the hurt and pain in his face each month when i tell him it hasnt work. Please please please can i have some help/ advice
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would say, if you are over 30 and have tried for 6 months (with regular periods) and have not conceived, you should go to your doctor.  If UNDER 30, you can try for up to a year before going.  After that, go and get some testing.
Good luck!
Dr B