Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Repeated positives on opks

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Repeated positives on opks
Hi Doctor,
I am wondering if I test positive on opks for weeks at a time and I had my LH tested at the doc and he said it was fine, how will I know when I'm ovulating? Will I have to go to the doc each month for blood tests to see if I'm ovulating?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise that I would need a bit more information.  It could be that you run a chronically elevated Lh as in PCOS or the perimenopause.  In that case, you may not be ovulating regularly yet, and things may change when you do..  It also might be that you would need to invest in a more expensive brand of OPK such as the Clear Blue monitor.
Finally, if you have a regular cycle, or are on any medications that help you ovulate, you may be able to predict a pretty good ball park time frame during which to have timed intercourse.
Hope this helps!
Dr B