Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Scan result?

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Scan result?

I had a scan to check pcos
The results showed right ovary pco but with one dominant follicule about 9mm I think nurse said I may ov in a week! The left ovary was not pco anymore it had ten small follicules
So is it Likely that I will ovulate? Bearing in mind I haven't had a period in two years!!
Last scan six months ago showed just pcos so things have changed since then! Is there anything else I can do to improve my chances?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you may ovulate, but the dominant follicle is pretty small--we would like to see it closer to 20 in diameter.  If you were my patient, I would start you on metformin and clomid or femara to help you ovulate.  Prior to that i would evalute your thyroid, prolactin and fsh levels.  I would probably also try to induce a period with progesterone. If you are overweight, weigh loss is often helpful
Hope this helps!
Dr B