Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
Trying to conceive

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Trying to conceive
Hello me and my husband have been trying for a baby since August. I am not to concerned we have been unsecusseful so far but since being off of the pill my periods are becoming very painful. I get extremely bad back pain and cramps right before my period. Before when I was on the pill it wasn't nearly as bad. I have tried Advil and midol but they do not seem to help. My question is, is there anything that can help ease the pain.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would be concerned about endometriosis.  Pregnancy is an excellent therapy for endometriosis, so I would encourage you to try that! =)  However, I would probably prescribe something for you such as Naprosyn or Lysteda to help with the periods.  I would have a low threshhold to move forward with a laparscopy if you hadn't conceived within 6-12 months.
Good luck!
Dr B
Hello mam,Me & My husband tried for concieve the baby since 2.5 years but its not be happend,i tried so many times,although we had all test like.My Husband's seiemen(sperm).Culture.& bute his sperm count is 7 million or Motality is 25%,But my report is all okay,So we decide to go for IUI.,but doctor said ,We have to wash the good quality of sperm ,after then enter ,So Is that possiblty of Concieve.Do me suggest.