Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
bad moods indicate ovulation

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

bad moods indicate ovulation

Hi!  I am 31yrs old and have been ttc for 2yrs. I have had all the blood work, laproscopy and tubes flushed and nothing was found. I have tried clomid for 4mos and have been on femara for last 2mos and have had 1 iui. I am labled as unexplained infertility. My question is that I ovulate on cd13. I have a 27day cycle. For a long time now it seems that the day before I get a pos opk I am in a bad mood. I am easily irritated and annoyed. I sometimes get raging mad and try to pick fights with my husband. When this happens we know that I am going to get the pos opk the next morning and ovulate the next day. It used to put a damper on sex(since we were fighting) but we now know to expect this and look over it. Is This normal? Should I mention this to my Fertility Spec?  Is this a problem with conception?  Any help would be great!! Thanks!!
Hi!
Many people find that hormones affect their moods.  As long as you are aware of what is happening and don't let it affect your love life, I don't see any problem.  Everyone has a different response to hormones, so I can't say what is or isn't normal, except to say that this is probably "normal for you".  Also, ovulation induction agents like clomid  increase the moodiness!  Sometimes clomid is used to increase sperm counts and even the guys get crabby when they take it!  My guess is that you will feel wonderful when you do get pregnant--the pregnancy hormones can go either way.

Good luck!
Dr B