Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
fertility

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

fertility

I have had my tubes tied for almost 3 years. At the time when I had them tied I was very young,21, and had two baby's and had no support or help from there dad. Well I married the love of my life a year ago and he has taken the place as daddy in there lives. They both call him daddy and he has adopted both of them. Now I want to have my tubes untied/ really all he did was put metal clamps on the end of my tubes but my question is when I get this done and have this undone what are the chances I will get pregnant again.
Hi!
If you were my patient, the first thing I would do is a laparoscopy to determine how damaged your tubes are.  If you had the Filshie clips, there is a good chance that you could have a tubal reanastomosis  The problem is that this surgery is very expensive and not covered by insurance.  If cost is not a barrier, the pregnancy rate after reanastomosis is approximately 50%.
If the reanastomosis is unsucessful, there is also IVF.
Hope this helps!
Dr B