Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
in vitro fertilization

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

in vitro fertilization

hi we are married couple for about 8 years,my wife is unable to get pregnant although we are trying for about 3 years now my wife has failed two attempts of IUI and two attempts of IVF, in ivf when it came to egg retrivel she only had 8 eggs to retrive(where as the normal retrivel must be about 20 eggs as i were told) and after the IVF lab told us embreyos are good for blastcyst which thed did to embreyos, she had the transfer on day 5 of the retrivel,later did not turn out to be sucessfull pregnancy, ivf clinic went for another try which was called frozen embreyo transfer,in second attempt they waited for thickness of uterine which they told us must be between 8 to 10 and she could only grow upto 7.1 and stopped dr. says your  growth is very slow the same thing happened for first transfer too,the thickness was only 6.9 we were told for sucessful pregnancy the thickness must be between 8 to 10 which she failed both attempts,she is very slim built and has known issues for difficincy in vitamins like b6, b12.i don,t know which way to turn we wanna try another try for ivf i am not sure if i should persue this or not please help?
regards
From a medical point of view (not considering the cost, which is always an issue), I would not give up. Every program has their cutoff for endometrial thickness. We like to see a thickness of 7.5. Having said that, there is no 'wall'. People still get pregnant with endometriums that are 7 mm thick or even 6.5 mm. There are different approaches that can be tried to improve endometrial thickness, such as adding estrogen into the vagina along with the estrogen pills or patches your wife has likely been using to thicken her endometrium in the first place. If, after trying different approaches, the endometrium still does not get any thicker, then it is what it is and to my mind is thick enough that there is still a chance to get pregnant. Good luck!
There are herbs that your wife can take that help increase the production of the uturine lining. These herbs should be taken only with consulting your doctor. You can look up on the net. Just google "herbs for infertility". You may have to view several sites and it is always good to research as much as you can but hey it's worth a shot. Good Luck and God Bless!
My husband and I did IVF several times. They could only retrieve 5 eggs the first time and four after that.  We failed at two attempts and the third was a charm beautiful baby girl. Don't give up. I convinced myself the last time it would not work. I did not have enough eggs and had other problems with my reproductive system. I just gave up and went through the motions without the stress anymore. Thats when I got pregnant. Try to let go of all the stress. I really think it matters. Good luck. I know how stressful and emotional it can be.
Do you mind me asking how old you are. I am 40 and tried ivf at 39 didn't work and want to try another time but scared if it doesn't work because I won't have any more money AND I am running out of time. I am so glad it worked for you I guess the 3rd time really is a charm.
I went for my sono today. I am on day six of stimulation. 5 follicles in the right ovary and none in the left. Three of the ones on the right measured about 10.5 and then 2 were smaller. The nurse said that maybe the left ovary will start producing and play catch up. I have been worried every since I left the visit. Does anyone know if the follicles are measuring ok and if I am where I should be at this point of my ivf cycle?
I was 38 when I had my last IVF. Everyday I am thankful that I decided to try again.