Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
need help

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

need help

My question is,
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about a year now and we haven't had any luck at all could this be because I have a tipped uterus? If so is there any way I can fix it. If this is not the problem then what is?!?!?!
HI!I
If you have been trying for a year with no luck, it might be time to start looking into why.  In the majority of cases the patients just need more time, but if there are problems, it is good to know so they can be addressed.
If you were my patient, I would do a TSH, prolactin, FSH and progesterone level.  I would ask your husband to do a semen analysis.  I would also ask you to start using ovulation predictors to see if you are ovulating consistently. If all of the above was normal, I would do a dye study to be sure your tubes were not blocked.
I forgot to answer about the "tipped" uterus--we no longer believe that a "retroverted" uterus contributes to infertility, and we don't do surgery to fix it. However, one thing that I DO recommend to my patients just in case is to have intercourse in several positions.
Good luck!
Dr B