Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
opks and pcos

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

opks and pcos
Is constant positive opks a good indicator for pcos?
Hi!
Sorry for the delay.  Sometimes my forum doesn't notify me of all of the posts for some reason.  If you were my patient, I would be concerned that the constant positive OPKs represent and elevated baseline FSH or LH.  I would want to confirm ovulation with ultrasound and a day 21 progesterone. I would consider using Metformin and Clomid to improve your chances if the tests fail to show ovulation.
Good luck!
Dr B