Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
pregnant or not???
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pregnant or not???

Me and my husband are trying to have a baby. I've been very sick these last few wks. I took a pregnancy test two wks ago and it said positive. A week later i was having pain in my stomach so i went to the er and they said I'm not preg. I was like what? ?.they said my blood and urine was negative. And they could not find my reason for bieng in pain. How do you get a positive pregnancy test and then negative? .I have been eating alot and peeing alot and I have gained 30 lbs. I have swelling in my legs and feet and I really look pregnant. Nobody has done a ultrasound. I have 3 children but I know this is not normal and I still haven't had a period yet this month and I'm 3 wks over due for one. What do I do? ??
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to repeat the home pregnancy test. If that is negative then you might also wish to repeat the blood test.
It is possible that you had a "chemical pregnancy".  That is actually a very early miscarriage--the pregnancy test is positive and then negative soon afterwards.  Usually there is bleeding like a period following the negative test.
It is also possible that your periods are irregular due to your weight gain--that can definitely affect your hormone balance.
If the pregnancy tests were negative, I would offer you the options of either 1) progesterone to induce a period, or 2) wait and see if your cycle will begin on its own soon.
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank