Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
some advice??
About This Forum:

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

some advice??

hi there, basically i am overweight, but im working on it, i have perfectly regular periods never had any irregularity at all, me and my partner are trying for a baby and have been trying for one month so far, im just wondering although im.overweight how quickly will i fall pregnant? im getting married next year but i have miscarried several times.in.past.due.to medication i was on, it would.be.amazing to be.pregnant with a rainbow baby and.to sure that day with a little one any advice would.be.great thanks :)
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
Regular menstrual cycles is usually a sign of regular ovulation.  Typically if weight is going to affect fertiity it will also affect the cycles and ovulation.  Naturally it is difficult to predict how soon anyone will conceive because there are so many factors, but regular ovulation is definitely an advantage when a couple is "trying". If you have had three or more miscarriages, you might wish to consult with a fertility expert to see if any testing is indicated for "recurrent spontaneous miscarriages".  Also, ovulation predictors (and there are all sorts from cheap to expensive) can help with timing of intercourse for optimal outcome.  I typically tell my patients to have intercourse every -- to every other day during their fertille interval.  I also strongly encourage them to take a multivitamin with folic acid.
Good luck!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
thank you i.am taking a multi-vitimin currently so because.im.having regualr periods, and regular ovulation does that mean despite being overweight that i.have just as high.fertility as everybody else? i have had 3 miscarriages but i was on anti-depressants and beta blockers, combined with the fact i.did not know.at the.time i was pregnant and that i had a busy workload i lost them, from my experience of.being pregnant with.all three miscarriages i had no morning sickness and.no tiredness so it was difficult for me to of.known.anyway if i was    
pregnant or not.but.now that.im actively trying i test every month to be sure om 21 years old btw :)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now