Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
trigger shot

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

trigger shot

What can i expect for the shot to do for me? Will i absolutely ovulate since my Dr. Confirmed that there was a egg waiting that was 23mm?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the egg sounds like it is perfect size to ovulate.  The HCG trigger shot should trigger ovulation within about exactly 36 hours.  This will allow your doctor to perform IUI at the proper time.
Yes, it usually works.
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you..we did timed intercourse :-)