Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
tubes tied

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

tubes tied
could a woman who has had her tubes tied for 3 years and is not taking any birth control, still get pregnant and have a neg.result on a pregnancy test?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it IS possible to conceive after a tubal ligation, but if the pregnancy test is negative, there is probably something else going on.  In other words --probably NOT pregnant.
Good luck!
Dr B
You helped me alot with your answer. Is there a certain position for me to get pregnant?