Fertility / Infertility Expert Forum
want to have another baby but had tubes tied and burnt

Questions in the Fertility/Infertility forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include fertility or infertility issues, egg quality, fertility drugs and side effects, fertility tests, genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), pregnancy reduction post IVF, ovulation, relationship issues, risk factors, sperm count/quality, and surgery.

Not sure if topic is correct but want to know if I want to have anothe baby how can i do this after my tubes have been tied and burnt
Hi!
You are absolutely in the right place--you can tell by all the responses.  There are basically two options once the tubes are tied--if there is plenty of healthy tube left, it is possible sometimes to reanastimose ( sew them back together) the tubes.  This requires major surgery, is not paid for by insurance ( in most cases) and has about a 50% success rate.  Sometimes, as in the case of Pauline above, the tubes are too damaged to fix.  If that is the case, IVF is the way to go.  Depending upon how many more little ones you want, IVF may be your best bet any way--the success rates following IVF are very good (better than 50-50 as for the surgery).  IVF is sometimes covered by insurance, and is also very expensive.  A lot depends upon finances, insurance coverage, and what is available in your area.  
Hope this helps!
Dr B
I too have my tubes tied and burnt. I had to do IVF just had my embryo transfer on June 5. I am currently waiting for blood work on June 19th to see if get my BFP. I hope this helps.
just recently had a tuble reversal march 09 me and my fiance r trying to have a baby just wanted to know if anyone out there knows how long it takes to get preg after having them put back together
I forgot to metion I too tried to have them reversed, but they were to damaged.
A related discussion, already add ivf n add twin boys but want another baby was started.