First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community
Water pills
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST-TIME PARENT’S COMMUNITY: This is a support community for parents of children aged 0 to 6 months. Discussions in this community are related to the medical, financial and social challenges new parents face including development, sleep issues, babysitters, crying, teething, diapering, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, selecting a pediatrician, when to call the doctor, and all other new parent concerns.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Water pills

Am I allowed to take water pills while breast feeding ? My doctor is a month & two weeks .. I'm not sure if taking them will do anything to her or not
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4528412_tn?1357073433
Daughter *
Blank
1422814_tn?1333573302
I just read this post and wondered how you're doing? Water pills, like diurex, shouldn't be taken while breastfeeding. It contains magnesium salicylate, which affects the body's own salt levels and it's retention of water. Those first several weeks when you're breastfeeding every 2-3 hours  that extra "water" weight will melt right off, because your body is using that to help produce milk. Water consumption is imperative to breastfeeding, so why use an OTC drug to counteract it? Furthermore, just about every thing you ingest is transferred through breast milk to the baby, in smaller doses of course, but the magnesium salicylate may have similar effects on baby.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
First-Time Parents (with 0-6 Month-Old Baby) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...