Water pills
Am I allowed to take water pills while breast feeding ? My doctor is a month & two weeks .. I'm not sure if taking them will do anything to her or not
Daughter *
I just read this post and wondered how you're doing? Water pills, like diurex, shouldn't be taken while breastfeeding. It contains magnesium salicylate, which affects the body's own salt levels and it's retention of water. Those first several weeks when you're breastfeeding every 2-3 hours  that extra "water" weight will melt right off, because your body is using that to help produce milk. Water consumption is imperative to breastfeeding, so why use an OTC drug to counteract it? Furthermore, just about every thing you ingest is transferred through breast milk to the baby, in smaller doses of course, but the magnesium salicylate may have similar effects on baby.