896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
What type of AFO do you use?
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
109 members

What type of AFO do you use?

If you have foot drop, what style of AFO are you wearing?
A) anterior
B)posterior
C) articulated (hinged)
D) Toe-0ff
D) ToeOFF
Hi, thanks for your reply. I found the toe off to rigid for me. I have two little dogs who greet me and I couldn't bend down& get back up when trying to pet them. Now I wear a posterior which velcro's below my knee in the front.

I'm currently using the Allard Ypsilon and have use the Allard ToeOff, a custom made articulated AFO, and a bunch of the plastic leaf-spring AFOs. The ToeOff was very uncomfortable from the get go - too hot, to rigid and not even a little bit discreet. The Ypsilon is my favorite so far but makes my knee feel like it's hyper extending. Also not discreet. I'm due for a new AFO and am thinking I would like a posterior carbon fiber one. Maybe the Noodle, but am not sure. I'm also curious about the Dynamic Walk by Centri.
KnitKicky joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 21
danielam1 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 11
Summerville joined this group
Welcome them!
May 31