Gallbladder Expert Forum
Gallbladder excision
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Gallbladder excision

dear, i have Gallbladder polyp. the bigget one is 0.8*0.5.  i and some question:
1, i'm 31 year old man with out any other problem on gallbladder, so do i need  Gallbladder excision? (actually i do't want it)
2, if it is Bravery cool glycol type, do you think it can be control or become small depend on sport and diet?
3, if i need gallbladder excision, any sequela in future or old?
2827584_tn?1340583296
If there are no symptoms related to the gallbladder cholecystectomy would generally not be recommended for a polyp less than 10mm. Larger than this and the risk of malignancy starts to rise. Why was the US done in the first place?
I have no idea what you are saying with "Bravery cool glycol type".
You need to realize that 93% of what are labeled as polyps are actually gallstones that are adherent to the wall of the gallbladder.
4 Comments
Blank
Thanks sir. one more things i want to know. whether or not  cholecystectomy maybe rise the possibility of carcinoma of the rectum.  because there are some argument that person with cholecystectomy  may have more chance to become  carcinoma of the rectum with old than 50.

thanks.
Blank
and i want to know Gallbladder polyp. can be control by sport and bite?

thanks for you sir.
Blank
2827584_tn?1340583296
Sorry for the delay - I got tied up studying for board recertification exam. The data on rectal cancer is soft and the benefits of cholecystectomy, when medically indicated, would strongly outweigh the risk. Please realize that the majority of what are called polyps are actually gallstones that are adherent to the wall. No data would suggest that anything you do has much affect on true polyp growth.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity