Gallbladder Expert Forum
Navel pain, left side, after gall bladder surgery

Welcome to the Gallbladder Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about gallbladder issues and receive personal answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of gallbladders.

I had my gall bladder removed two months ago and for the past couple weeks, had a sudden onset of constant pain on the upper left side of my navel.  Very sore to the touch.  Feels like a constant sharp pain and if I touch or push on the area, size of a nickle area, I can tell right where it is because it hurts more.  My surgeon is not available for another month or so because he has also had to have surgery.  This pain also disappeared for a couple days and I thought all was fine but now it is back again.  Thank you :)
Although there are several possibilities I would consider a trocar site hernia as a possibility. This would be evident on physical exam. Is there really no provision for coverage of his patients?
Thank you so much for your response.  There is another doctor that is seeing his patients until he returns but I really wanted to wait, if possible, to see my surgeon.  I wonder if it is a trocar site hernia, is that something that can wait?  It is strange that this morning when I woke up, the pain is gone again.  Could it possibly be inflamed at times when I am lifting, etc.  I work as a cashier at a grocery store. ty