Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community
GIST in fundus

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions and support relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Issues, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options for GIST.

GIST in fundus

I suffered with GERD and abdomen pain for more than a year, after going thru 3 endoscopes I was put on anti-biotics and PPI for ulcer and pylore three times so far. The most recent abdomen CT scan showed a small GIST in fundus area, so another endoscopy was performed for biopsy. The doctor want me to get the gist out thou it is not malignant at this time. All the symtoms (symptoms) I have been having for the last one year seems to be match with GIST symptoms.

My concern is since a biopsy was take will there be a risk of spreading? I was bleeding for mor than 10 days after the biopsy.

Is it for the best to go thru the surgery and get it out?

Is there anyone who had similar issue that went thru the surgery that could share the experience/recovery?

I still have an ulcer left in deoduanal bulb and minor inflamation (inflammation) around that area, should I wait for GIST surgery until the ulcer heals?

It is really hard to be a patient and your own advocate.

I appreciate member feedback.
I also developed IBS during this time.
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Community (GIST) Community Resources