Grief & Loss Community
Help please.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Help please.

I'm 25 years old and i just lost my father November 17th 2012. We knew he wouldn't have much longer being in the end stage of his cirrhosis , but oh how naive i was then to still have that hope. This may be far fetched from this type of forum but as a young woman with what seems to be nowhere to turn I hope someone can give me guidance, this isn't about the disease i know what that is up close and personal , how do i live a life of a daughter without her father? a easy question to answer with the typical answers but I'm looking for more than that.If anyone has been in a similar situation i would appreciate the feedback .      
Hi Ms Kentucky. I truly understand your grief for the loss of your father. Try to remember the happy times...times like now during the holidays and always remember that what your Dad died of was from a disease that you could not help. His decisions to drink to his death was his doings. His love and cravings for alcohol was greater than anything else. I do not know what type of relationship you had. For me, my Father died about 8 years ago caused by drinking and smoking. The sad part was that he disowned me and I never got to say goodbye or how he made me laugh when I was a child. Never really knew what I did to deserve this. Right now I have no family and I live alone. It tears at my heart to not be able to call anyone on Christmas morning to say "Merry Christmas" or just to talk. But I am doing good as I am living my life, a happy life with my dogs and cats. They give me the unconditional love I never received from my family. Try to focus your love with your other family members and immediate family. Yes, I miss my family so much, but I love my life more and I will not be taken into the depression tunnel because of situation I cannot control. Do things that makes you happy. Smile. Make friends and love life. There is so much good in this world... don't trust FOX and CNN. Time will heal some but remember your Father drank allot. His did this. I hope you have others that are close to you.  :)
My dad died when I was 27 and it felt terrible - I can still remember, though it is a long time ago. I have been thinking about it more as I have recently lost my mum.  I don't really have any answers for you - just that I know it is hellish and you are at a very early stage in your grief so you must be kind to yourself and talk a lot about your feelings.and try and do what makes you feel good.  
I found your comment really helpful.  My mum has died recently, I am an only child and all my aunts, uncles etc have died so I have little family left.  it now feels wierd and sad. I miss my mum like crazy - everything reminds me of her.  I think you sound a very brave and positive person and I hope you continue to thrive.